Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. this is my first time here. I hope to find some answers...not that I haven't researched lol

I am getting sleeved on march 25th...and yes I am nervous. I had my gastroscopy last Wednesday - no seds - that was unreal....felt like what I think Water boarding must be like hahaha...

I hope all goes well. I am discussin bougie size and other stuff with the doc and getting all prepared for the big day - bites nails !

You will do fine. :) Is a gastroscopy like a endoscopy? Bougie size is on my question list too.

Yes the one when they make you swallow a snake lol.

Are you pre-op too ^

I am just starting this too. I am looking at April 23 for me. I am a cash pay since insurance will not pay. Just started the pre op Protein Shakes

I am going on march 25 but no prep diet for me, just not to eat a day before surgery is all !

No prep diet for me as well. I will find out my surgery date March 20th. I have started my pre-op insurance pre-reqs already. Seen the counselor, had my first dietitian visit and my next two scheduled. Will find out when I can see my PCP later today. Then it's on to whatever tests they want me to go to.

I had a well of full liquids..then the day before surgery clear liquids.. and welcome to the forum.. or the losers club as we like to say lol. but anyways.. I was all of that nervous excited..scared out of my pants for sure.. but I came thru it with flying colors.. and im down 63lbs.. yes I love my new tool.. best thing ive ever done.. only regret that I did not do it sooner.. .best of luck to you and your new journey.

I just had my tests all done except the blood ones - getting those on tuesday. I did the chest x-ray and the EKG. That was the easy part lol

My doc said he wants to use a 38-40 bougie. I want as big as possible since outcome seems to be the same and less complications with bigger sizes. I have mailed him about using bigger yet, I<d like 48 as it was the top range in a study that showed no difference in weight loos

Nancy thanks for sharing

Isn't 32 a standard bougie size? I honestly can't remember, it's been a long time since I read up on that.

They vary from about 28 to 60 or more but the 32-40 range is mostly used

That's what I thought. Thank you for the info! :)