Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! Wheres MY crazy postop energy?

I'm beat. My body is exhausted. My mind is slow.

Others (not that I'm comparing, of course, and uh. Stuff) around as far out as me have crazy clean all the things energy and I want mine!!

I eat good. Get plenty if calories, try to get my Water and Protein in..... Vitamins.< /p>

Ps- I'm not complaining. At all. I'm thrilled to be finally ridin the sleeve boat.

I had no crazy post sleeve energy, either. It took me a long time to get in enough calories/protein per day to feel totally up to par again.

I was able to chase my twins around post op (they were 2.5 years old at the time) but when they rested or were occupied with a task I'd often doze on the couch while watching them. I was pretty tired for a while, even though I was technically able to function pretty normally. I was just draggy for a while, you know?

Best to you and I think that really pushing shakes will help with the energy. It takes a while to recover from major surgery and the low cal diet doesn't help. Remember that carbs give us energy, too, so now's a great time to indulge in a higher calorie/carb profile Protein shake like the BSN Syntha-6 ones.

Congrats on that new sleeve, I'm happy to see you on the other side now!

~Cheri

I didn't have & still don't have..ANY crazy post op energy!

Me either.....I hear all these people doing so much and I walk to the end of the block and don't think I will make it back. I was sleeved Feb. 28th. I get 2 Protein Drinks down a day and I thinknI am going to die I am so full.

I'm about 11 weeks out, and I still don't have as much energy as I had hoped. I am steadily feeling better and gaining more stamina, but I have never gotten that feeling of "so much energy"! either, lol. It's a major surgery, we are not eating much, so I guess I wasn't really surprised. I never felt good on a calorie restricted diet before the surgery, so I guess it stands to reason, at least for me.Immediately after surgery I was EXHAUSTED for the first 4 weeks, then it's gradually improved.

I think as the weight comes off, calories increase, and we gain strength through exercise, we are going to get that high energy level we all want!

For me, it took about 3 months to almost feel normal. I didn't really get energy until 5 months when I started running and eating about 1100 calories a day with some good carbs thrown in.

I'm 8 weeks post op and still don't have crazy energy. I was told if I started exercising it would give me more energy. Hmmm, to tired to exercise but I'm going to try it this week. I just got out of a 2-3 week stall and don't want to the scale to stop moving again.

I've been wondering this too - I'm over 4 months out, and very happy with my weight loss (67 lbs), but I would really like to experience that "energy through the roof" feeling that others describe. I mean I feel fine, but I still have to talk myself into exercise, and I'm not running around doing lots of extra things because I have all this extra energy. I keep thinking that there must be some mysterious weight lost # that will get me to that point - all I know is, I haven't reached it yet!

I believe that you have left all that energy in the OR..... LOL i really didn't get my energy back until around the 5th to 6th month....It will come in due time and mean while you will keep ROCKIN that SLEEVE and the inches will just melt away! CONGRATS to all of you.... :)

I'm 6 months out and I don't have the "crazy energy" either.

You've only been sleeved for what??? 3 weeks? I remember needing a nap after taking a shower....I had no energy. Suddenly not eating much food can zap you of your strength. Especially if you were formerly a carb monster like I was, you're body wants to burn carbs all the time, but probably you're not ingesting very many. Very soon you're body will learn to burn fat for fuel more efficiently and you will feel better. Plus, as the weight comes off, you'll be stronger.

And I'm not even going to go into the roll that regular exercise plays in all of this.....but it does so I will. For every ounce of energy you spend exercising, you get 10 pounds of energy back. So it's worth it.

Hey amy! I slept like 9 hours every night but still needed a nap for the first two weeks. Week three i was low on carbs, nearly teary because of no energy, so added g2 to increase from 30 to 50 and felt much better. I just needed to do that a week or so till i was got on some food. Went back to work on week 4 and have been fine since. I was never a napper, but i think the anethestic and the energy your body needs to heal your big internal wound, just saps you for a couple of weeks. It will get better. Youll feel better plus still be riding that sleeve thrill wave before you know it. You might want to think about additional carbs too. Good luck amy!

Amy.. I lived in my bed in the first month it got so bad that the whole family started hanging out with me upstairs on my bed... Yeah, that was fun. O_o

Thank you for all the replies ladies and gents.

Laura, I wish I could. I have a toddler to chase and a preschooler at home. I WILL NAP today if I have to tape them to the wall. ;) (they actually nap at 1 and I'll be with them)

I woke up late this morning because I just. Could. Not. Wake. Up. Doesnt help that I was up for an hour in the night drinking Water and a little juice for hypoglycemia. I was cranky had so little energy. It's like I'm only getting 300-600 calories or something. ;). I cried a couple times just wondering how the heck I'm gonna do this for another month. I'm not just tired. I feel like everything is heavy, Kwim? I knew this wasn't gonna be easy bit I have to say its at least 5x harder than I expected. Still don't regret it.

I'm only 9 days out now, butter.

Send some prayers my way ease.