Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

long time bander, first time poster!

Hi all,

Just found this site when i was researching on the web about a problem i have.

I had my lap banding done about 4 years ago and have lost 66kg or approximately 150 pounds. I still have 11 kg to go which has increased by 5 kgs due to the issues Ive been having! I have done the whole weight lose slowly by choice (scared of becoming a bag of excess flesh so it has worked out to be the right decision as I dont have that problem, except my bat wing arms hehehe!) Anyway, to cut a long story short - all has been great until the last few months I have been experiencing pain around my port (quite regular and substancial pain a lot of the time but it is sporatic).

The docs have suggested I go in for surgery to have the port placed in another area. Has anyone experienced this and can offer further information or suggestions? I have read a lot of posts here about port pain but the seem to be around the early stages of the surgery and I also think I've read posts on the subject to confusion! Everyone is so unique after all.

Anyway, would love to hear from you guys, especially the long termers.

Have a great one!

zennie98

WOW you've done great! And welcome to LBT.

I have pain and recently discovered that it has to due with my bra. The wire pressing down which in turn presses down on my port.

I am looking into a reduction.

If your surgeon is suggesting moving the port, why wouldn't you want to do that. I know more surgery stinks, however it might just solve your problem.

Good luck and agian welcome

Hiya Sunsett (cool name! ) I dont think my bra is my problem! :omg: But hey! I can dream of the day when I have to consider that and not stuffing my bra with chicken fillets! I've lost 2 cup sizes and I miss my breasts!

I have no objections to the surgery as such but don't want to agree on something that may not be entirely necessary. When I had my lap band down it was meant to be keyhole (laposcopy) surgery but I experienced complications so I woke up to a traintrack of staples from the bottom of my rib cage to my belly button. :faint:

But as Doris Day says - whatever will be will be.

Another thing you might consider if you are having the port moved, is asking for the low-profile port, its much smaller than the regular port.

Just a suggestion.

i have had my port removed and replaced in another position and it was a very quick procdure and made a hyge difference and didnt hurt a bit