Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 days out and I have this feeling when I breathe. It's not unbearable but very bothersome.

You know how sometimes you get that feeling in your long and you have to breathe real deep to make it go away? That's how it feels, only I don't think this is my lungs.

What could this be? I read that left rob pain can be a ruptured or enlarged spleen. Surely not!

I've read about this a lot many Sleevers get this not sure what it is though

Could it still be the gas they use?

It's pretty common to have pain on the left side under the rib cage... It's the internal sutures

"Pulling" try not to bend, twist to much Amy :)

I've had something similar going on yet maybe just not as you described when breathing but it was a little tender there (under rib left side) after I shed a few big pounds, seems to mostly be gone now, the upper portion of stomach gave me the only sensativety accepting that my liver area was sore a while from being jossled about I guess and some minor incisions pains.

Sorry I can't say definatley what it is but I've been curious. I really should've asked my doc any last sessions and thought to but did not.

sutures huh, OK, maybe correct to just think that.

I had the exact same pains I'm 7 days post op my doctor said its from the gas they blow in our body's during surgery I was told best thing to do is walk it out but it's super uncomfortable!

I had this exact same pain but mine traveled to my shoulder and left chest . They ran a bunch of tests on me and just said its called a chest wall pain . Were you doing anything that requires lifting ? If so get some bed rest for 2-3 days it just means your chest muscles are sore , get some rest .

I'm 5 days out and I have this feeling when I breathe. It's not unbearable but very bothersome.

You know how sometimes you get that feeling in your long and you have to breathe real deep to make it go away? That's how it feels' date=' only I don't think this is my lungs.

What could this be? I read that left rob pain can be a ruptured or enlarged spleen. Surely not![/quote']

Omg story of my sleeve. I was fine until 5 days out and then I started getting this pain on my left side under my ribs. I'm now 11 days out and it has yet to go away or even subside a little. It hurts to the touch. It hurts wearing a bra. It hurts when I breathe deep. It hurts when I drink too much. Totally sucks, I want it to go away. I hope you start to feel better and that your issue isn't as painful as mine.

Omg story of my sleeve. I was fine until 5 days out and then I started getting this pain on my left side under my ribs. I'm now 11 days out and it has yet to go away or even subside a little. It hurts to the touch. It hurts wearing a bra. It hurts when I breathe deep. It hurts when I drink too much. Totally sucks' date=' I want it to go away. I hope you start to feel better and that your issue isn't as painful as mine.[/quote']

Mine doesn't hurt to the touch it w a bra, it's more "inside" the ribs, 3rd rib up. I'm gonna go with gas I suppose. It seems to hurt more when I sit and it comes in waves.

It does seem a little bit better. I'm trying not to be a sleeve hypochondriac, but it's hard when you know that everything needs to be caught quickly.

Thanks for the replies ladies. :)

Mine doesn't hurt to the touch it w a bra' date=' it's more "inside" the ribs, 3rd rib up. I'm gonna go with gas I suppose. It seems to hurt more when I sit and it comes in waves.

It does seem a little bit better. I'm trying not to be a sleeve hypochondriac, but it's hard when you know that everything needs to be caught quickly.

Thanks for the replies ladies. :)[/quote']

Well I'm glad yours isn't awful. Mine is internal and on the outside. Ouchy ouchy

Mine started post op day 8. It was horrible. Sharp pain, like a knife. So, I called my on call doc and he said since there's no fever, I felt fine other than the pain, to just wait until my post op appointment the next day. I went in, had 2 swallow tests, just to make sure, and no leak, my biggest fear at that time. The doc who saw me said it's pretty normal to have suture pain around that hole since it was the most worked area. She said they use a mesh in that area to help close everything up, and the pain like I was experiencing was pretty normal, so long as there isn't any fever or anything like that.

Amy I had the same pain. It would take my breath away. I up my gas x and cut out my sugar free fudgesicles. Never had the issue again!! So check your diet see if there is anything you have added new.