Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT TO EXPECT PAIN WISE AFTER SURGERY?PLZ INFORM ME..

I had pain all over my abdomen and nausea immediately upon waking. The gave me anti nausea and morphine but I was still nauseous' date=' so they switched to dilaudid. After that no pain and no nausea. I was on a pain pump where I could push the button for more medication ever so otter and I just would push it when ever. I never really felt pain just in general but I would if I tried using my stomach muscles to get out of bed or go to the bathroom. I just had to be careful. I never had any gas pain. I was lucky. :)

VSG Date: 2/13/13 SW:285lbs HW:302 5'3"[/quote']

thank YOU nicole ..is great y

to hear your feed back. IM experiencIM

thank YOU nicole ..is great y

to hear your feed back. IM experiencIM

experiencing nausea do to my car ACCIDENT. i hate morphine ..i hope.i.don't throw up since i have a weak stomach

I was one of the lucky ones with the pain and gas. It was more of a discomfort than pain for me. Walking as everyone has said is essential. It makes a huge difference.

I had 3 c- sections and learned about the walking back then. I had no problems with them and could say the discomfort was about the same. I think the c-sections were a tad harder. I just had rotator cuff surgery and that was worse than any of it.

Good luck, I hope you have an easy recovery!

IM having surgery March19 ...while i know ill be put to sleep during the surgery...i am concern as to the pain after SURGERY . I've read a lot of ppls stories and i hear a lot about gas pains? what are gas pains???

Take. You're. Pain. Meds I didn't they. Made. Me sick it took. Me longer. To get up and. Around ull be fine

Everyone is different when it comes to pain. You may have a low threshold and see white spots when you get shots, or you may be able to brave thru a bad cut easily, just depends on where you're set at. For me, very mild gas pain solved by gas x strips and walking quite easily. I dry heaved in the hospital maybe 5 times, nausea meda stopped this. It caused slight pain. There was one day where my pain crippled me. It was later thought to be gas pain or from the surgical mesh attached to my abdomen wall as it subsided after a while. Afterwards only minor pain in that area for a few days, right now zero pain.

Good luck and beat wishes. The pain meds they give you work. If you cannot take them due to allergies or nausea, ask for a different brand. There are plenty to chose from and no way should you have to suffer. Pain meds make everything alright.

IM having surgery March19 ...while i know ill be put to sleep during the surgery...i am concern as to the pain after SURGERY . I've read a lot of ppls stories and i hear a lot about gas pains? what are gas pains???

I can honestly say hand on hart it for me was totally pain free I did as I was told with my liver diet the worst thing was the dry mouth and even that had a end don't worry you'll be fine keep us posted