Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS State (Tennessee) & 6 mos diet plan...have ?s

Hello, I am new here. I have decided to have the sleeve surgery and it seems my insurance (BCBS) is requiring me to do the 6 month conservative therapy documented by my doctor and be at 40 bmi or greater. They also state "Failure of conservative therapy is defined as an inability to lose more than ten percent of body weight over a six-month period and maintain weight loss." So at 268 lbs, during the next 6 months I cannot lose more than 26.8 lbs, but actually I can't go below 248 to keep my bmi at 40. Every diet I have ever attempted always results in a 10 lbs weight loss in the first 2 weeks because I know most of it is Water weight.

Does anyone here have the BCBS of Tennessee insurance? I am a state employee, so it is actually BCBS "State" which is a little different than the regular insurance. I'm looking to hear your story. Did you have any problems getting approved? How long did it take to get approved? I am hoping to have my last PCP 6th month visit in July. I need to try to have the surgery by August because I am going on a cruise in October and my doctor doesn't want me traveling out of state, much less out of the country, for at least one month after my surgery.

Thanks!

Can't help with your question but we have same surgeon so wanted to say hello! My surgery is Friday!

I have Regence Blue Shield and had to do the 6 months of visits also. My nutritionist told me that she submits the weight I was at the beginning of the visits, not what I am at the time of the submission. I asked her if people get denied because they lose too much weight in that 6 month period and she said she had never seen that happen. I would ask your doctor's office what their experience is with your insurance and see what they say. I was 287 at the beginning and 268 at the time of submission. Still higher than the BMI requirement that my insurance has though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches