Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was wondering if anyone else had a rough time with the 5 day ketosis diet? Im going on day 5 and im nervous because I havent been eating very much either because im chickened out or I'm pshyching myself out. Ive been told that this is the last big hurtle I have to get over.

Eggbeaters, chicken, chicken broth, deli ham and turkey. I got off the hook with the chicken broth from the dietician as long as I use extra salt which I agreed. I was having a hard time keeping chicken broth down. Todays diet was 3/4 cup eggbeaters for Breakfast and lunch was 4 jumbo shrimp. I skipped dinner though which I know is bad but I just want to get through and I wasnt very hungry.

Not a lot if choices, eh? So it is filling you up? That's good! I would say just keep doing what you can do. How many days before your surgery?

I havr my psych consult on Friday and physical assessment on monday. Then hopefully schedule a date

I wonder what their reasoning is for having you do the ketosis diet now is? To lower your BMI? A lot of docs have you do it right before surgery to shrink your liver.

I wonder what their reasoning is for having you do the ketosis diet now is? To lower your BMI? A lot of docs have you do it right before surgery to shrink your liver.

I was told the basic reason was to shrink your liver so it's less fatty and easy to move during surgery. The liver lays on top of the stomach. Its easy to crack if its too fatty. It also helps with lowering your BMI. My surgery is April 1st. I've been on my low carb diet for a month. It's tough nut once you get use to it, it's a breeze. Good luck!!

I was told the basic reason was to shrink your liver so it's less fatty and easy to move during surgery. The liver lays on top of the stomach. Its easy to crack if its too fatty. It also helps with lowering your BMI. My surgery is April 1st. I've been on my low carb diet for a month. It's tough nut once you get use to it' date=' it's a breeze. Good luck!![/quote']

Yeah that is my understanding, too! I just don't get why they would have the OP on the diet before the pre-surg consult!

I dont have a date set as of yet. Was supposed to do the psych consult today but it was cancelled because of the snow we are having. Im hoping soon and im double hoping that I dont have to do this stinkin diet again. Horrible

That's a bummer! I sure hope you don't have to do that diet again either. I wish you the best getting you psych eval and date. My date is April 1st. I'm getting nervous and excited.

Thank God I didnt have to I got to make it in today and give my sample. Ketones were off the chart and I lost 17lbs.

Thank God I didnt have to I got to make it in today and give my sample. Ketones were off the chart and I lost 17lbs.

Good for you! That is awesome!

Thanks. Now just the physical assessment and the psych consult (my appointment has been cancelled twice :( ) and hopefully I get my surgery date.

Thanks. Now just the physical assessment and the psych consult (my appointment has been cancelled twice :( ) and hopefully I get my surgery date.

Good luck! I hope everythimg gets taken care of.