Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!!

I am still pre op, but I was thinking of buying the Nutribullet that is being advertised right now. Its gotten a bunch of good reviews on Amazon and I like the idea of still being able to get good nutrition in post op when I am on liquids. Has anyone tried juicing? I feel like it would be a really great tool to have so that I can have as much energy as possible. Ive been reading that a lot of people have a hard time eating after surgery (when they get to the solid food phase) and I am really scared...so I figure if I am ok with liquids I can just supplement when I need to....

What do you think?

I have the ninja and i often add veggies and fruit to my Homemade Protein Shakes. Im three weeks post op.

Thats a good idea...i have a juicer and should break it out...

I have the ninja and i often add veggies and fruit to my Homemade Protein shakes. Im three weeks post op.

You don't get any irritation from the extra Fiber from the pulp? How long after surgery did you start to use it? My liquid diet plan does not include any veggies and the pureed plan says only canned, but I feel like I wont be getting enough good foods in my body. I am looking into either th Ninja or Nutribullet...not sure which one to get.

No irritation. I started this two weeks out. So far, I have done kale, carrots,spinach, bananas, mango, pineapples, grapes, and strawberries. I may add 100 calorie greek yogurt, skim milk, Protein powder( unjury).

It really depends on the flavor in craving that day. On days that i want a more savory taste, i will use powdered peanuts (PB2) and choc flavored Protein. Tastes like a reeses cup. The nutty taste gives me a break from the fruit. Good luck!

Yes and I hated it! The only thing I loved was making real fruit juices.. Yum!

Yes and I hated it! The only thing I loved was making real fruit juices.. Yum!

What did you hate about it?

I have been a long time proponent (and owner) of the vitamix. I take my blending a little further, and even make my own butters and flours for baking. Using your blender is a really great way to get back to food basics and get away from overprocessed junk that we as a society tend to gravitate to. I blend fruit, veggies, tons of things. The pulp and 'ruffage' is actually really good with the sleeve, as it can be easy to get a little 'stopped up' from time to time since our diet pushes so much Protein. Just be sure not to add a lot of sugar, or other empty calories when blending.

I am glad to hear all this great information guys!! I am really excited about buying my blender...I think I will go with the Nutribullet, its a little more in my price range and I have a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond! I am going to get it this week and start to use it before surgery so I can get used to it and see what the consistency is like. I figure as long as it is liquid like a smoothie it should be fine to have in the liquid stage? I want to talk to my NUT about using it, but Im afraid they will tell me I cant have the raw veg after surgery...but lets say I try it and it sits well then it should be ok right?

What did you hate about it?

The nature taste about it.. I loved all the greens, fruits I would put in it too. I would follow recipes and everything. In the end it tasted like dirt to me in a way. I have a very sensitive stomach when it comes to being picky. I tried juicing long before I ever thought about my sleeve.

If it's healthy and your sleeve doesn't mind, I think your NUT should approve, after the sleeve you will find it is tough to get a lot in, so when blending, try to add Protein Powder, this should help you a lot to get your Protein in and extra nutrients.

Im going to get my Nutribullet tomorrow!! I am actually really excited...and hoping it will help me lose a few more lbs before I meet with the NUT again!!