Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been in hospital for past 4 days

I wanted to warn everyone of something I knew but didn't really take it too seriously. I am very tight and haven't been eating much and my drinking had got down to about I don't know, I'm guessing here, 48 ounces per day. Well, Saturday morning, pain woke me up from a deep sleep and I'm talking, worse than natural childbirth pain. I screamed, cried, kicked, and I was home by myself. I'm one of these people you have to drag to a doctor let alone an emergency room. I call my dh and he comes home from an auction and when he gets home, I've thrown on a jogging suit with purse in my hand and cry, lets go the the er. I get there, still screaming with left lower back pain, left lower front pain, throwing up, and just plain dying, so I thought, they'll give me something for kidney infection, because that's what I thought I had and send me home. We didn't take a thing with us, well, 4 days later I'm home because of the holiday's but my pcp said he'd put money on it I'd be back. Kidney stones, that's what I have, have any of you had them. I've passed 5 small ones, well, they looked small to me and lots of what looked like sand off of the gulf of Mexico beaches, but he swears I'll be back. They give me a shot of morphine that I'd been getting and staton or something like that upon leaving but now, 8 hours later I'm in lots of pain again. Trying to just tough it out. They gave me percocet for home but I can't tell it's helping all that much. Anyway, long story short, I was VERY dehydrated and they said that's what caused these and I just wanted to warn everyone, drink like your suppose to and save yourself all of this pain.

Didn't mean to write a book and I'm going to lay back down, just wanted to let everyone know where I'd been (just in case you missed me, lol) and just give everyone a heads up.

Oh no!!! I am so sorry!!! Did he say that drinking anything in particular would help you? I know that an ER doc actually sent my Dad home to drink beer when he had stones....which I know we can't have. But I thought maybe something with a natural diuretic may help them along...I have no idea!

Poor you---hope it is all behind you now. Let us know how you get along!

Kat

Sorry to hear of your ordeal..

I am very tight and haven't been eating much and my drinking had got down to about I don't know, I'm guessing here, 48 ounces per day.

But, is being this tight worth all of this? I am anxious to hear what Dr C has to say of this. I know from my own experience that if I was this tight my Dr. would of definately had me in for a slight unfill so I could eat and drink. Be careful, do not jeopardize the longevity of your band. being too tight is not good for you or your band. Hope you feel better soon.

You poor thing. Kidney stones are apparently one of the most painful things a person can have. My mother was an OR nurse and she said she always loved doing kidney stone operations because, even thought the person was under anesthesia, she said you could see them relax when the stone was removed. I hope you can get all those stones removed and remember to drink, drink, drink. Apparently lots of Water keeps them from forming. I had gallstones and that nearly killed me. I sat in the emergency room for 4 hours waiting for them to give me a painkiller. After that, I had my gallbladder out. I hope you feel better soon.

Oh dear - that sounds so painful! Drink up and I hope you're feeling better in no time.

Oh .. and I'm with La_Madam - get a slight unfill, it'll do you the world of good. Take it from someone who slipped from staying too tight for too long ...

I sure hope you feel better soon! I'm with the other gals, being too tight just doesn't work! Thanks for sharing your story so others will be careful. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully you are on the other side of this and all stones have passed. Keep drinking and feel better soon.

OMG Sherri! I hope you are doing better today! I knew someone who had stones once and I remember her saying how extremely painful it was. Please take care of yourself and take it easy...take care of you!

{{{HUGS}}}