Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mix fruit in protein shakes?

I just started my liquid diet yesterday drinking only Protein Shakes. My surgery is scheduled march 19. I was wondering if the second week after the surgery, when I start Protein shakes, if that would be to soon to mix fruit in the shakes. I havnt found a Protein Shake that I like without adding coffee or fruit?!?!

I just started my liquid diet yesterday drinking only Protein shakes. My surgery is scheduled march 19. I was wondering if the second week after the surgery' date=' when I start Protein Shakes, if that would be to soon to mix fruit in the shakes. I havnt found a Protein shake that I like without adding coffee or fruit?!?![/quote']

I doubt it! The fruit has peelings and seeds and lots and lots of simple sugar! Get some sugar free flavor syrups if you have to. There are tons of good protein shakes out there with no carbs when mixed with Water.

there is a lot of extra calories and carbs in fruit... I would wait till your closer to goal to start adding these things to your drinks.< /p>

Good Question!!! I was wondering the same thing. I like to put blueberries in my shakes. Guess thats the end of that idea. :(

No fruit; high in sugar, calories and sometimes seeds and Fiber. I am just over 6 months and still don't. Add flavourings as others have posted.

So i'm guessing shakes from smoothie king not a good idea? I don't know what i'm going to do to get my Protein down...and stay down!!! On another note, less then 2 Weeks until my sleeve....so excited

The fact of the matter is you just have to do it! :)

I've never heard of smoothie king but I bet it's not a good choice. This is not forever but it is an important part of the process...

Try Premier Protein ready made shakes most people really like them. You can buy them at costco or Sams club

So i'm guessing shakes from smoothie king not a good idea? I don't know what i'm going to do to get my Protein down...and stay down!!! On another note' date=' less then 2 Weeks until my sleeve....so excited[/quote']

Blend them with ice. The colder they are the easier they go down.

Smoothie king is fine as long as it doesn't have the added fruit.< /p>

Thanks for all the info...I'll try blending with ice!!!

Blend them with ice. The colder they are the easier they go down.

Smoothie king is fine as long as it doesn't have the added fruit.< /p>

Hey OTR I just looked up smoothie king...

What's good about it??

Hey OTR I just looked up smoothie king...

What's good about it??

Look up Gladiator Protein powder. That's the base they sell. If you're looking at their menu shakes they have a lot more stuff added to them.

post-30418-13813663687548_thumb.jpg

As I stated its fine as long as you are not adding the extra sugars & carbs to them (fruits & berries)

It's a mixture of both whey & egg Proteins. Which are both complete Proteins & for some people may be more tolerable, and is higher quality than Premier Protein Shakes which I also commonly refer to a a "good" alternative

Ok,I looked at their site and there is a lot of crap :o

but if you strip away all the stuff but the base I guess that would be different. Does the base taste good?

Ok' date='I looked at their site and there is a lot of crap :o

but if you strip away all the stuff but the base I guess that would be different. Does the base taste good?[/quote']

Never tried it. But I've seen others that won't drink pure whey that will drink it.

Well i do buy the drozen fruit with no suger added,and it makes my shake taste so much better,and i needed the extra calories,because i was not eating enough,which can stall your weight,so it helps with the extra calories my body needs so it works out fine for me..i add the strawberries and berries mix..

Nooo Smoothie King. Pure Sugar!