Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help please

I saw my nutritionist yesterday and we talk awhile about after surgery care. Protein came up and she said that protein will not be integrated in my after care diet (other than food). So I asked if I need Protein Drinks and things and she said no. Like wtf everyone else needs it but me ?

I think she means weeks out. Eventually they will want you to rely on food for all your nutrients. Some people still supplement with shakes anyways. I'm 4 weeks out and I'm still required to drink 2 shakes a day.

It sounds like she is advancing you pretty fast if you can eat things.. Like mushy eggs and yogurt..

At some point a lot of nutritionists and doctors want you to get your Protein from "real" food.

But in the beginning allow Protein shakes. Because we are only taking in liquids.

So do you think it'd be wrong to go against what she says and have some of the shakes.

I am 4 months out and still have a shake for breakfast!!

I think I would go against her and do it.. But that's me :)

Seems like everybody gets different advice from their Dr. and NUT. I know I've seen at least one other post where someone said they were told not to use the supplements at all, but being just 3 weeks out, I can't imagine having been able to eat eggs right off the bat. I was allowed to start them 2 weeks post, and although I was really craving something more than liquids, I did find it a lot more difficult to eat them at first.

I think if I were you I would ask them about the reasoning behind it. I know the idea of living on Protein supplement shakes forever doesn't exactly fit easily into the lifestyle of most people. I was told they want me to do only 3 meals a day and one snack because it just doesn't really work easily in most workplaces in our culture to graze a little every few hours.

I was also allowed food week 2 & Told I should eat my Protein, not drink it!

My NUT told me to practice "intuitive eating". My intuition tells me to drink Protein Shakes until I can get in all the required Protein thru real food. Besides, protein shakes arent gonna hurt. Im just sick of them now. (2 1/2 months post op)

I just cant see my stomach being healed enough or being able to tolerate eggs in the 1st week I just need guidelines to what I have to an need to do, but she is confusing me.

I have a question..can I eat the soft wrap

On the grill chicken wrap?????

Is that a trick question? :P

You can but its high in carbs and fat.

Most stay away from things like tortillas, rice, potatoes etc

I just looked your about a month out?? I would most definitely say that is not a good idea!

To much to soon on your new tummy!!