Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So im wondering if anyone has expireance with liquid pain meds being Tylenol to Hydrocodone to Methadone....I want to know how do they go down second day post op ? OR DO THEY? how will I take pain meds secnd day post op

AshleySkinnyer PortlandOR

I was given liquid loritab. The pharmacy was able to flavor it with a green apple flavoring to make it palatable. You are also given a plastic syringe kind of thing which you pull the meds out with and then squirt into your mouth. Second day post-op, it would take me about 15 minutes to take the full dose. I was sleeved on Friday, on loritab until Tuesday and back to work Wednesday. Desk job.

I was given liquid pain medication also (Roxicet) - only needed it up until 3 days post-op.

It was such a small amount that I could take the whole dose in one gulp - tasted horrible though!

You are from the Portland Metro area as well? Let me extend a warm welcome to a fellow soggy NWesterner.

Where and when are you having your VSG? Let me know if you have any other questions. I am a west-side dweller and work in downtown if you ever want to get together for a coffee and chat.

Thank you. Its nice to see a fellow Ptowner I thought I was alone on here. Im not having surgery in tje area because my insurance wont cover it and i dont have $25000 that i was quoted by the OR clinc so...

Yeah, that was my story, too. I went to Las Vegas (baby!) for $10,400.

2 years ago, I was quoted $35K for Emma Patterson ... crazy ...

I was given sublingual Supradol (Toradol in the US) for pain. I ended up not needing it and save it for when I have headaches!

That liquid was HORRIBLE. Made me dry heave horribly. Tried it twice then went without. Each person is different but many people did not have significant pain to use. Good luck !

Why?

Corn Syrup isn't bad ... From what I understand, people just don't understand this is another "sugar", so, when they look at ingredient lables, they don't realize the true amount of sugar in something.

Corn syrup is just as natural occuring as sugar. No better or worse than sugar. Just like everything, know what you are taking in and everything in moderation.

What about liquid tylenol it has corn syurp in it so that would be bad right??

Initially I was given two weeks worth of Lortab (Tylenol and viccodin) liquid. I didn't like it, I took it for two days after discharge and then switched to liquid Tylenol (Bubblegum!). Way better. We only take a few teaspoons so I'm not worried about the sugar content. I only needed the Tylenol for a day or two, then I just sucked it up. I take it occassionally now, like yesterday when I cleaned the house and wore pants that hurt my incision. If you know anyone who needs some Lortab.... Kidding! :P