Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you exercise? Have you lost without it?

I am not encouraging this, but I am not a big exerciser. I want to be, but have some big time restrictions. As I have lost weight, I find myself more active overall...more walking, more movement. I have more desire to walk longer and further in my everyday activites.

When my time restrictions are changed in the near future, I certainly plan to change my exercise routine!

It becomes easier over time too - like I had to just accept that going to the gym 5 times a week was not going to happen, its just too hard with kids and i have too many important things to do while Eliza's in daycare to spend it all in a gym. Which is why I took up running.

But I'm so hooked now, so focussed on the next race and I love it so much that if I know I'm going to be busy that evening or whatever, i do get up at 5.30 am to go for a run. It doesnt feel like a sacrifice to do it becuase I feel so darn good after running and I feel so darn good about running. But its taken me almost a year for it to really become a daily habit and something that I wont just give up.

I am a street walker...LOL. I have a route that is almost 4 miles long and I walk it each day (more or less). Sometimes I even manage to walk it TWICE a day.

If you are going to walk in your neighborhood, don't just go around the block, even if you promise yourself you will do it 10 times. It's too easy to quit when you pass your house. Instead, walk a mile away from your house. That way, you have no choice but to walk another mile to get back home.

I did join a gym last February which was long before I got banded and I found that I actually enjoyed going there. Then two things happened: our very hot humid summer happened and I wasn't going to leave my air-conditioned house except to go to the cottage, and I wrecked my rotator cuff. I got banded in early September and figured that as I wanted to go back to the gym it was time to get my shoulder fixed. Well, I am still going to physiotherapy and am still in pain! I do a lot of walking. I walk home from all my physio appointments. I am losing weight but much, much slower than I would like. Since my operation I have lost 16 lbs, most of it in the early weeks. Part of my problem is that I don't have much restriction yet even though I have had a few fills.:cry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches