Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no answers for you my friend except I'm pretty sure that gall bladder pain is usually on the right side, not the left. So that might possibly rule that out. If you weren't so far post op I might guess leak. Stricture maybe?

I have no answers for you my friend except I'm pretty sure that gall bladder pain is usually on the right side' date=' not the left. So that might possibly rule that out. If you weren't so far post op I might guess leak. Stricture maybe?[/quote']

Should I call my surgeon this next week or wait for the symptoms to get worse?

I'm having my GB removed on monday morning early and the doc will check out my left side because I've always had a pain where the incision was, especially when I'm really full. I don't think that it's a structure........Oh and today I realized that I have been getting the slimes but never realized it bc it was so slight..... I'm 17 months post op.... :) Hope you feel better soon.....

I'm having my GB removed on monday morning early and the doc will check out my left side because I've always had a pain where the incision was' date=' especially when I'm really full. I don't think that it's a structure........Oh and today I realized that I have been getting the slimes but never realized it bc it was so slight..... I'm 17 months post op.... :) Hope you feel better soon.....[/quote']

Thank you. I still feel good enough to keep on with my activities, but just getting a little concerned. I hope you have a speedy recovery from GB surgery.

My understanding is that clay colored stool is an indication of a biliary blockage - there are other reasons, but that is a big one. For example, a gallstone that is stuck and blocking the biliary system somewhere might be responsible for many of your symptoms. I am not a doctor, I'm a guesser. GO to the doctor. And if your eyes have any yellow tinge to them, run, don't walk.

My understanding is that clay colored stool is an indication of a biliary blockage - there are other reasons' date=' but that is a big one. For example, a gallstone that is stuck and blocking the biliary system somewhere might be responsible for many of your symptoms. I am not a doctor, I'm a guesser. GO to the doctor. And if your eyes have any yellow tinge to them, run, don't walk.[/quote']

Thanks for the useful information and I will take your advice to heart.

Definitely don't wait! There are so many things that it could be. I have kidney stones (breaking up at this point, thank goodness) and also just got a scan to check for gallstones on Friday. My surgeon also did a complete metabolic panel and an amylase test (can be an indication of biliary system problems). There are so many things that could be causing your symptoms, from GB (which can cause left-sided pain though right is more common), to pancreatitis, to a bunch of other bad stuff--you really shouldn't wait. You don't want to wait until there's some major issue that requires emergency surgery.

It doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd wait on. I'd give my doc's office a call just to be safe. They will probably schedule you to come in.

I'm having my GB removed on monday morning early and the doc will check out my left side because I've always had a pain where the incision was, especially when I'm really full. I don't think that it's a structure........Oh and today I realized that I have been getting the slimes but never realized it bc it was so slight..... I'm 17 months post op.... :) Hope you feel better soon.....

Ouch....good luck. Hope it goes well. After 17 months I would think you'd be safe from GB problems.

I have been taking two PPI for last couple days and feeling better today. I called my surgeon doctor and talked to them for a few minutes. They said what I experiencing is normal and to call if it gets worse. Will get into a GB scan if I get another attack. Thanks for your care people.

I have been taking two PPI for last couple days and feeling better today. I called my surgeon doctor and talked to them for a few minutes. They said what I experiencing is normal and to call if it gets worse. Will get into a GB scan if I get another attack. Thanks for your care people.

The clay-colored stool is considered normal?

The clay-colored stool is considered normal?

They said so. I am watching my symptoms like a Hawk to make sure there is not an emergency situation. Will call them back in 2 days even though they did not ask me to.

It sounds like you are being very diligent. If you feel any worse, I would probably recommend a GI doctor. Clay-colored stools usually mean that something is going on with the biliary system, but if you are feeling well, maybe that is what your doctor's office is going on. Hope you continue to do well and your symptoms resolve!

Keep us posted. Thinking of you

I don't trust your doc's opinion based on a phone eval. Was it the weight loss surgeon? Seems like it isn't their area of expertise. Call me a cynic, but I am sticking with what I said earlier and agreeing with the previous poster - biliary system. I say, go see your PCP in person, none of this phone stuff. Then again, I'm often wrong about... almost everything if you ask my husband! ;)