Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date, want to throw up!

I was just informed that my surgery date is gonna be March 25 and fear just came roaring back and I feel like I could puke!!!! Damn this fear and doubt!!!!! I hate it as much as I do the weight!!!! Just SO many concerns and fears boiling up in my head!! Am I really ready for this?? Can you ever really be sure??? Crap!!!!!

Nope, I don't think anyone is ever 100% sure. You have to go through it before you realize it was worth the effort.

This ain't like a $30 bottle of diet pills that you can throw in the trash when they don't work. This sh*t is permanent!

I can't find a tattoo that I like enough to have forever, how was I gonna let them remove 85% of my stomach. If I had buyer's remorse, I couldn't have it put back in!

My main motivation was, "Do I want to be in this situation this time next year?" And my answer was "No." I could only see things getting worse. But I don't regret a second of it. If they came back tomorrow and said I had to do it all over again, I'd hop on the gurney and surf into OR. :lol:

Dang man that really REALLY helped me!!! I guess the fear of how I'll react to not being able to eat like normal is paramount in my mind. I don't want to slip into some kind of stupid depression over food of all things!!!!

My main motivation was, "Do I want to be in this situation this time next year?" And my answer was "No." I could only see things getting worse. But I don't regret a second of it. If they came back tomorrow and said I had to do it all over again, I'd hop on the gurney and surf into OR. :lol:

thanks for posting that Jo! I'm like dand, altho I don't have my date yet. But when I have a "moment" and do a reality check about what I am pursuing...I get major butterflies. I can imagine when I get my actual date I will want to throw up too!! But jus like Jo said, the whole reason I'm pursuing this is because I can't live this way anymore.

dand, I don't know about you, but my "normal" way of eating is what got me in this state in the first place! I'm wanting a NEW normal that will help get me to and keep me at a healthy weight :)

Yea I know. I've rehearsed it all over and over again and the logic is there but its just the surreal feeling I get when I know that this is a PERMANENT thing!!! If it was reversible I would be so pumped and ready still.