Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Cookbook?

Anyone know if something like this is available? If not, anyone interested in putting together an on-line version for us Canadians with Canadian products and brands? We could include tips and tricks for every stage of the journey, inspirational stories from our own lives and words of wisdom to face and overcome challenges.

I'd be happy to put all the information together in a Power Point presentation.

Mookie :)

My brother's girlfriend is a nutritionist for a bariatric surgeon. She currently has a book deal for a cookbook focused at bariatric patients, but it hasn't been published yet. When it does get published, I'll post the info for it.

Ya know, not saying it's a stupid idea, but not really necessary.... you can eat anything from ANY cookbook, low carb, low fat, diabetic, SUPER fat, HIGH carb, salads, Soups... whatever. YOU just won't be eating as much! What would the difference in a LapBand cook book be? Smaller portions, is all I can think of. (and probably healthier, but that's just common sense.)

There's nothing that is something that NO one can have. Some people eat things like celery, peppers, asparagus (etc) with no problem, while others will PB at the sight of it, then there's somethings that should be fine for everyone, but just don't agree with some people.

Here are a couple that I came across... probably the kind of stuff you're looking for (even though they're not lapband specific):

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-Weight-Surgery/dp/1569244537/sr=1-1/qid=1163967743/ref=sr_1_1/002-9036348-9161618?ie=UTF8&s=books]Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Before-After-Living-Eating-Surgery/dp/0060567228/sr=1-3/qid=1163967743/ref=sr_1_3/002-9036348-9161618?ie=UTF8&s=books]Susan Maria's book.. this lady is well known in the bariatric world.[/ame] (new revised version coming out in the summer)

I see Mandi's point and agree....the only difference would be to make less of an already existing recipe...that or be prepared for LOTS of letovers!

Thanks for the name of the book ! As they say

" If you always do what wou have always done, you will always get what you always got "

Yasmina

I was banded yesterday at Dr. Coburn's clinic in Toronto. While my hubby was waiting with me before I went into surgery he saw the cookbook "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery" in the reception room.

So while I was "out" he went to Chapters at the Square One mall across the road and bought it for us to use. It really is well-written and informative and gives the recipes in two-three different ways. The first week or two after surgery, the mushy/pureed stage and then the recipe for "others" - those we love but who are sadly not among the society of banded ones!

My husband read the cook-book and figured that my surgery will work out to be a two-fer if we follow the recipes - he'll automatically lose weight! I said it wa more like a BOGO (buy one, get one free). He said thats a BOGOF. Hmmmm.

Your hubby sounds like a keeper!!! How thoughtful was that eh? Hope you "reward" him when your healed! hehehe;)

I read somewhere that Patt Levine who is the author of the book also had the Lap-band and not gastric bypass. But I can't remember where I read it or if it is really true. I'm going to be purchasing the book myself. I've been hunting for it on Ebay, but so far, it hasn't showed up yet.