Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Repair -Xpost

:-S

Well. There's nothing like waiting until the last minute! I JUST got

approval from my insurance company for my surgery in the morning.

arghhhhhhh!

It's not enough to be nervous about surgery itself, but you gotta be

on pins and needles about whether insurance is gonna pay too?

So, tommorrow morning I have an EGD and surgery to repair my band

slippage. I asked the doc about putting in at least half the fill

that I had when they un-filled it and he said no. :-( He reasoned

that since I had already had the slippage, he didn't want to set the

stage for it to happen again before proper healing time. I guess

that's reasonable, but Dr. Maese was the one who suggested it.

I'm not looking forward to this, but I am ready to get back on track

losing the rest of this weight.

Wish me luck, send good thoughts, pray! I need all the help I can

get!

Leatha

250/193/??

Banded 5/29/03

Dr. Wetter/San Francisco

Slippage Repair 07/16/04

:nervous :nervous :nervous

Leatha, best of luck! You'll have less time to worry about it.

One evening (about 1:30 a.m.), I noticed the message waiting light flashing on the phone. The drs. office was calling to tell my husband to be at the hospital the next morning for open-heart surgery. Needless to say, I didn't go to bed that night. I figured there wasn't any sense in waking him up and dropping that info. on him. The next a.m., my husband was getting ready to go to work. I told him that he had a change in plans. Then I picked him up off the floor (just kidding!).

Good luck, Leatha! We'll be thinking of you!

I know it seems like a huge delay in getting back on track with fills, but I agree, better safe than sorry.

You'll be refilled and back on track before you know it!

I hope your recovery is quick and uneventful!

Relief..Insurance pulls through!!!!

The best of luck, your in my thoughts and I'll say a prayer for you!

Leatha: You will be in my prayers tonight. And all day long tomorrow for a speedy and uneventful recovery time. Back on track is the work these days. And you will get there for sure.

Take time to heal and destress over all this waiting.

Best of luck

Letha I will say a prayer for you tonight too but like New Hope said in her post You'll have less time to worry about it and if you're anything like, me( Miss Worry Wart )then that is a good thing that you just found out and are having it done tomorrow..Good Luck to you and please post and let us all know how it went when you are feeling up to it.

Leatha

Best wishes for you tomorrow! Remember; just like when you first got your band, it is a healing time for you! You'll be back to the "restricted life" in no time!

Thoughts and prayers headed your way!!

Thanks everyone for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes! The plan is to be a day surgery, so by tomorrow evening. I may feel like sitting here long enough for an update.

:sleep Time for me to try to sleep...

G'nite..

Leatha

Leatha, hope everything went well... there's a silver lining for you in the opportunity to have the slip fixed...

My insurance doesn't cover the band; I can't have my slippage repaired until I finish paying for my original surgery! (I could, but don't want to do that to myself financially piling on debt.)

You probably won't need that restriction -- for most surgeon's the protocol is the same as the original surgery....liquids, followed by soft foods...so you'll have some opportunity for weight loss anyway.

Keep us posted.

Elizabeth

8/28/03

-50 includes +5 since fill removed 6/21/04 -- holding steady

Elizabeth-

My insurance wouldn't cover the band either but they said they would cover any emergencies related to the band later. Are you SURE they won't cover the repair? I know Penni's insurance wouldn't cover the band either but she thinks they are going to cover her port repair. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Leatha- Best wishes to your quick recovery. Take it easy, we'll still be here later. No need to rush getting back on the computer. Hope all goes well, Teresa

You will probably be all better by the time you read this. But i

DITTO everything everyone is saying. You will do ok. Good Luck.

Leatha,

Hope everything went well and wishing you a speedy recovery! Let us know how you are doing.:)

Darcy

Well. I'm home! I wound up having to stay the night, but everything is working as it should.

He wound up replacing the band and fixing a hiatal hernia that really should have been fixed the first time around. So in addition to my SIX NEW holes, I also have a sore throat. I look like I've been in a stabbing. lol.. On top of that, somehow? I got a black eye in the process? Speculation is the tape over my eyes in surgery? Or possibly when I was being positioned? Strange. So.. I'm Lethalwoman - 11 stab wounds and a black eye. I wished he could have used the existing scars.

To top all that. They gave me morphine in my PCA pump, which I turned out to be basically allergic to. Immediately, I started itching so bad I couldn't lay still or get comfortable in any way. They had to bring benadryl and change to demerol. Then, the demerol gave me an awful headache, which then made me feel nauseated. lol. It was a rough night.

Today has been better. I have one larger incision, which the most painful, but the rest I can't even tell are there. I'm able to walk slowly, but I couldn't get in any hurry, for sure.

I really do like my new doctor, though. So all in all, I think it will turn out to be a good experience.

I've just walked in and probably need to rest awhile. So I'll write more later.

Thanks again, everyone for your well wishes. :)