Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 things that get you through a craving

But wait...as long as we are witin our caloric limit of 800-1200 can;t we indulge a bit?:girl_hug: Also I am ON MUSHIES,-...I thought I HAD to eat a few times a day...5-6???? Help?

The challenge for me is that if I take a little of a craving, I take alot. I'm better off with none than some. Oddly, since my surgery, I'm not craving sweets or carbs at all, but I am insatiable for Protein.< /p>

If I crave something I try to think about something else first...if I forget about the craving that it wasnt a big one.But once I have a big craving I have few bites and than throw the rest away...:-))it helps me a lot cause I would never ever eat anything from the trash:-))I guess none of us would...

I've noticed the past 3 days I've been craving sugar at 3PM only. I'm guessing my blood sugar might be dropping? Not sure. Anybody else have a specific time and know why?

I also agree that when I am truly craving something I would rather have 3 or 4 bites and forget about it. The first support group I went to someone said that the band allows them to be normal and eat whatever they want in small amounts. That is part of the reason the band is so appealing.

Dont get me wronge I have never been a sit down and eat a whole cake kind of girl. But I also never understood why people torture themself.

But as long as you have been good 95% of the day and you want it then why not.

Maybe I am wronge with my approach because I also have not started lossing oodles of weight yet. I think getting restriction is going to help with that.....

Yeah. I'll be interested to see if after my fill, I can nibble on a few bites of something rich..... That would be novel for me.

Yes Kathy that would be Cardio. I lost 10 pounds at last weeks weigh in. *wink*

You guys are hilarious!:pound:

Thanks for all the great answers. :hail: I printed the whole thread out to look at next time I have one. I do have a couple things that I do, but if it's something new to me I tend to be able to be more focused on it than something I've done a million times. :bored

I would love to say that I could have 2 or 3 bites and leave it, but I have a couple of things that I just couldn't do that with. :flypig: But for the most part, when I do allow myself a couple of bites of something I can stop eating, with each bite it tastes less and less appealing.

BBG

I've noticed the past 3 days I've been craving sugar at 3PM only. I'm guessing my blood sugar might be dropping? Not sure. Anybody else have a specific time and know why?

Yep! I tend to crave sugar at around 8 p.m. Every night no fail, so what I've been doing is having a herbal Decaf tea with splenda. :) My blood sugar is usually really good, but I think that's what's going on with me.

I'm beginning to realize that if I am exposed to anything that I like or that I know is tasty, then I start to crave it. I have been bad about being a binge person in the past. It's behavior that I am trying to change.

Thinking about Thanksgiving foods that I love has made it very difficult for me these past few days. But the good result from it has been that I am realizing that when I was doing so well, I wasn't thinking about foods that I love and I didn't have them in the house at all. I made sure that I had lots of choices of low-carb, sugar free, low-fat foods in the 'fridge and pantry. Than if I saw a commercial or something that triggered thoughts about foods I love, I would allow myself something from the totally acceptable foods that are waiting to support me. And it worked!

It is really silly to others, no doubt, but I'm trying to remember that high calorie foods are my enemy and nutritious low calorie foods are my friend.