Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Pain...potential Remedy

I wanted to post this because it has been a life saver for me and may help someone else. When I went to my week follow up appointment I was still having a considerable amount of pain in my port area despite pain killers. When I saw my doc we discussed it and he said try anti inflammatory Aleve as it was stitched to muscle which could be angry. One hour later and 2 days later I've had no pain whatsover in that area and feel 100 percent. Hope this helps someone else who might be suffering like I was.

If you are taking aleve make sure you are washing out your pouch, that little pill sitting in the pouch can make for serious trouble, an ulcer or it can lead to erosion. I was told to stay away from the stuff. ~Mandy

Folks, my surgeon told me to take the Aleve and it's been a god send for me. Aleve does damage long term not over the week or so that I'll need it to feel better...but thanks.

I'd also like to point out that my surgeon is a proctor for the company Inamed and likely knows what the band will tolerate and won't. He didn't give me Aleve to make me have an erosion I assure youl.

I'd also like to point out that my surgeon is a proctor for the company Inamed and likely knows what the band will tolerate and won't. He didn't give me Aleve to make me have an erosion I assure youl.

I'm sure your doctors knows what he is talking about. I wouldn't worry about it. My doctor has done things different than several others. Like I had no pre-diet requirements and after surgery I was able to eat soft food a lot fast than some.

I am having some pain on my left side today. I almost think it is food stuck or something. It doesn't feel like muscle pain. I had it another time this weekend and after a good bowel movement it went away.

I weighed myself this morning and weighed 234. I guess that is good. I am not really keeping track every day..LOL. Actually, I am really only writing down what the doctors office registers and I don't go back until Dec 1.

Well...I am just running at the mouth.

What is everyone's plan for Thanksgiving? I am cooking! I am going to want to eat it all. I might as well plan on having a little of everything that can and that way I don't eat too much.

I'm sorry if we offended you. I am not saying not to take aleve just to make sure to "wash" out the pouch when you do. I am sure that you have a great surgeon, I don't believe anyone was questioning that. I know that the packet I got from Inamed when I had surgery said to avoid INSAIDS like aleve. We were just saying to be careful that's all. I am sorry if that came across wrong at all. ~Mandy

No problem...I've had a rough couple of days post surgery...my blood pressure has dropped to alarmingly low levels and the search is on to see why...I'm scared and tense...so sorry too if I came off wrong