Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UNEASY ...NERVOUS..DON'T KNOW....WHAT TO THINK

my doctor put in my insurance authorization request. I have husky insurance and they request that we must have 6 supervise weight loss.nutritionist visits. my nutritionist cleared me at 4 visits...the.doctor will count my first and mid appointment visit as my other 2 visits...should i be nervous that my insurance will deny me. My coordinator said not to worry that she doesnt for see any issues...but i can't help but to be nervous. The authorization request has been sent..how long am i expected to wait? aaaahh the waiting game!!! i have so many emotions running through my mind. HELP!

Try not to worry! Your own your way!!!

Be happy <3

Is it just 6 appointments or 6 months? I know a lot of insurance plans require 6 months of appointments.

Try not to worry! Your own your way!!!

Be happy <3

Thank you. The waiting game sucks...not knowing if i will get approve or not sickens me. Thank you for the.support :-)

Is it just 6 appointments or 6 months? I know a lot of insurance plans require 6 months of appointments.

6 months but i was eager to finish all appts and test ...i finished everything in less than 2-3 months.

6 months but i was eager to finish all appts and test ...i finished everything in less than 2-3 months.

I have BCBS (their requirements vary by state) and they did require an actual 6-month waiting period, not just 6 months worth of appointments. Your experience may be different. It was a bummer for me b/c my deductible for last year was paid and I would have loved to have my surgery in December with no deductible--but I had to wait until Feb b/c of the 6 month requirement and then the insurance approval time (quick for me) and wait to schedule the surgery.

I had a 6 mos period of weight loss/physician supervision, with the visits no more than 2 mos apart, although they could be closer, but it had to be 6 months of supervision. I hope for the best for you and hope you get approved, but do not be surprised if they want you to wait longer. If that is the case verify that you do not need to be seen by the doctor anymore, as it would really suck if you had see the doctor again and you didn't. For now keep our fingers crossed and see what they say. If they want you to wait know it is just around the corner :)

to

With my insurance it says I needed 6 months of attempted weight loss by a doctor supervision. I didn't I had 4 months documented by my doc and they weren't even consecutive. I stalked insurance by calling them constantly lol. I found out in less than 2 days

Less than 2 days I found out I was approved :)

I had a 6 mos period of weight loss/physician supervision' date=' with the visits no more than 2 mos apart, although they could be closer, but it had to be 6 months of supervision. I hope for the best for you and hope you get approved, but do not be surprised if they want you to wait longer. If that is the case verify that you do not need to be seen by the doctor anymore, as it would really suck if you had see the doctor again and you didn't. For now keep our fingers crossed and see what they say. If they want you to wait know it is just around the corner :)

to

[/quote']

i started in November ..so hopefully it comes back that im approved. Thanks for your feed back...im so nervous...just praying it goes through...im so ready to get this done