Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is a good medicene for sinus headaches in liquid

Guest bj7523

Guest bj7523

I get sinus headaches often, before i could take alleve or motrin,but now I don't know what would be a good medicene to take during this time?

Jenevieve

Regular Robitussin is guaifenesin. That's a decongestant that will help drain everything but take it in addition to childrens Advil sinus. What you want is the pseudoephedrine (sudifed) and the guaifenessin together along with a pain reliever. You will need to drink lots of Water with the guaifenesin or it won't help.

I am diabetic, have high blood pressure and cholestrol so I take eight tablets a day. I bought a pill crusher because crushing them between two spoons became a chore! I also take a Vitamin and mineral tablet. None of this has caused me any trouble. I was banded on 2nd of August this year and have lost 38kgs, that's nearly 80lbs! Just drink Water and make sure that tablets are ground up to powder. This was my surgeon'advice. Best Wishes to all

I am diabetic, have high blood pressure and cholestrol so I take eight tablets a day. I bought a pill crusher because crushing them between two spoons became a chore! I also take a Vitamin and mineral tablet. None of this has caused me any trouble. I was banded on 2nd of August this year and have lost 38kgs, that's nearly 80lbs! Just drink Water and make sure that tablets are ground up to a powder. This was my surgeon's advice. I am new to this site and I really enjoyed the photos but I am also a novice with the computer and can't manage to post them myself.Best wishes to everyone, all the way from England

I usually get horrible Sinsus Headaches as well. I first try Eucalyptus oil (don't drink it)

I rub it in the palms of my hands then inhale through my nose. Then I rub some on my temples. Usually it will subside but if not then I resort to either a sinus tablet or spray. But they usually make me sleepy and tired.

If I have just had a fill or I'm pretty tight and don't want to risk it, I'll take a dose of liquid Tylenol and chew 4 children's Sudafed tablets. (can someone say "Tylenol Sinus"? yeah baby!)

I have actually taken 2 Tylenol sinus tablets successfully...even 2 at a time! in the past while banded. Pre-fill, no doubt. It takes some creative pharmaceutical mixing but it can be done.

Also, isn't guaifenesin an expectorant? I agree that sudafed, robitussin and tylenol together is a real sinus drainer, though. And plenty of good ole Water. Drink till ya drown!!!

I suffer seasonal allergies and was told to take good ole Childrens Benadryl Allergy, it is a liquid also which eliminates the whole pill issue altogether.

I'm not even banded yet, but get horrible sinus headaches. I use that new roll on one that you just put on your forehead. Works great.

What if some of your pills say "don't crush"? I have 3 that say that. I take a total of 6 pills a day. Two or Three are small, but it is the big ones that say not to crush them. Am I left not taking my medicine, and why would crushing them hurt them as long as I get them down?

I asked my band doctor about pills and he says as long as they are smaller than an M&M you are fine to take them, with lots of Water of course. They will dissolve and go right down. Anything larger needs to be either broken in half or crushed. ~Mandy

If they are timed release meds, then crushing them would cause the timed release to be off and cause an OD - which could conceivably kill you.

If the pills say don't crush - then don't. Call your doc for different meds.

Also most meds are made in liquid form. I asked my local family owned pharmacy to get some cold meds in liquid and they said no problem. They will be in next week. I ordered them so I would have them in case of an emergency. ~Mandy

Thanks for the great suggestion of guaifenesin, pseudoephedrine and pain reliever -- I think I'm going to try that. I've been battling sinus problems for the past few weeks. At my worst I dragged myself in to the doctor and he gave me an antibiotic that helped a bit, but it's starting to clog up again.

I do find that nasal irrigation helps (I have a hydropulse nasal irrigator). But something to take before bed that will keep me decongested at night would be wonderful! I might actually get some sleep. :) With sleep apnea, I can't breathe properly if my nose is stuffy.

Both Claritin and Allavert (sp?) come in tablets that dissolve...my life savers!

Guest chocolate drop

I'm able to take prescription strenght 800mg motrin which is a huge tablet and not once have I encountered any problems, typically I will take two or three smaller pills with the motrin and no problems. Try mucinex which is now over the counter (usually behind the pharmacist counter) thre prescription dosage of mucinex is 1 tablet twice a day, you can safely take 2 tablets twice a day (12 hours apart). This will significantly decrease your need for sudafed (I'm a licensed physician) while keeping your mucus membranes moist yet decongest!

Thanks for the great suggestion of guaifenesin, pseudoephedrine and pain reliever -- I think I'm going to try that. I've been battling sinus problems for the past few weeks. At my worst I dragged myself in to the doctor and he gave me an antibiotic that helped a bit, but it's starting to clog up again.

I do find that nasal irrigation helps (I have a hydropulse nasal irrigator). But something to take before bed that will keep me decongested at night would be wonderful! I might actually get some sleep. With sleep apnea, I can't breathe properly if my nose is stuffy.