Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alabama bandster

Congrats Bama. where will you have your surgery? Good luck.

I am having it at MMCS. Is that where you had yours? Wow! You have already lost 19 pounds! That is great. I am hoping to have that kind of result also. How was your experience at the hospital?

Bama:

I had my surgery at MMCN in Guntersville. North treated me well. the hospitals are virtually the same except their locations. Good luck on the 4th.

MMCS is the best! Not only did I have my surgery there, I also work there! I may be a little prejudiced but I think we have a great hospital. Everyone was really nice, I stayed overnight. Good luck with your surgery!

I don't think it is required, but an option. If at all possible, I want to come home that night. What about everyone else? Did anyone else stay the night?

I have my last PCP visit March 20 and I'm getting very excited now that all this is to become reality. A gal in my office is having the surgery also, and we are using Dr. Schmitt in Birmingham. I found this forum a while back and have been lurking once in a while, but now that there is light at the end of the tunnel, I have been reading EVERYTHING and registered here today. I cannot wait until I can have a jazzy ticker logging my success! It is really quite inspirational to read what you all have to say and I'm sure I will be asking tons of questions before the surgery date finally arrives!!:tea:

My Surgery went great. They took me back about 8:45. Went into surgery at 9:05. In a room by 10:45. Left the hospital at 2:30. I am very sore. Lots of pain in my shouder and back. Guess that is the gas they blow you up with. MMCS was great. Everyone is so nice. I go back the 18th for my re-check. Thanks to everyone on here for your support.

Does anyone know of any support groups in the Bessemer/Fairfield area? I have an appointment on 4-7 with Dr. Stahl in Alabaster, but I'd like to find a support group in my work area. Also, has anyone here had any experience with Dr. Richard Stahl?

I was banded on 3/21 at mmcs they were great loved the day surgery nurses, I had a choice to either stay over night or go home and I decided to stay over night they put me in the new womens center loved the room it was huge and so was the bathroom, also had a flat screen tv, bed couch and everything, I have lost 17lbs in 2 weeks went and weighed in at the hospt. today I am finally getting the hang of it, but this week has been really hard I did not know what to eat how much or anything I was so confused untill yesterday and it hit me and it was only bc of the Lord also I got the paper thru mail yesterday we have a support group meeting on April 22 at Surgical Associates office at 6-7:30 with a guest speaker which is a plastic surgeon bye guys.

Bama Belle -- I have a friend who used Dr. Stahl for her RNY and she absolutely loves him. She had it done 3 or 4 years ago and has nothing but good results. Also, my PCP recommends Dr. Stahl. I am not personally using him (he wasn't accepting new patients when I began looking) but from all I've heard, he's a good surgeon. When my friend went to see him, he was pushing RNY over the band but not sure if his opinion has changed. Good luck!

I live on the MS coast however I have a consult appt with Dr Lane in Mobile on the 30th just trying to find out how long the process is from beginning until surgery??? Anyone have a clue>>>:rolleyes2:

Has anyone had any experience with the Advanced Wt. Loss Clinic(s)? I have noticed there are several throughout Alabama and am assuming they are one in the same, just different Dr.'s. If so, where and what Dr?