Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is true what they all say u feel alot better after the first few days, first few was regretting it day 4 i am feeling alot better gas pain pretty much gone only problem, i personally had dry reaching first 2 days pretty bas which concerned me but now its gone.

Now is trying to get enough liquid in and the ongoing fight with the head cravings, this op is worth it

I hope so. I had the surgery on Tuesday. Gas pains are not too bad but the incision on my right is what's killing me. Right now I'm averaging about 4 hours of sleep. Just log enough for the meds to kick in and wear off. I'm hoping this weekend will be better.

Hang in....it gets better. I had surgery 2/6 and the first 4-5 days are the worst, keep moving as much as possible. The greatest priority is do whatever you can to get the liquids in so you do not become dehydrated. I found it easier to drink flavored water and warm drinks rather than cold. Good luck!

I just had mind on monday, and yesterday I just started full liquids, It was great, then I woke up around 3am with a ton of stomach pain, got up drank some Water and some liquid loratap, 15 minutes later it didn't go away so I propped up on another pillow and that seemed to help, only going to do half full liquids today, just to be safe, I hate waking up in pain

I just had mind on monday' date=' and yesterday I just started full liquids, It was great, then I woke up around 3am with a ton of stomach pain, got up drank some Water and some liquid loratap, 15 minutes later it didn't go away so I propped up on another pillow and that seemed to help, only going to do half full liquids today, just to be safe, I hate waking up in pain[/quote']

I had to make sure to have dinner early and make it something gentle like Isopure or a shake and finish the evening with tea or water only so that i went to bed with nothing heavier in my stomach. I did the more exotic things like chicken u jury or cream Soup at Breakfast and lunch. I still follow this practice on soft foods and have done well with only my one am prilosec.

Hang in, you will all feel better soon. First week was the hardest for me but then I felt better and better! 5 months out and know this was the best decision of my life!! Welcome to the losers bench!!!!!

I hope so. I had the surgery on Tuesday. Gas pains are not too bad but the incision on my right is what's killing me. Right now I'm averaging about 4 hours of sleep. Just log enough for the meds to kick in and wear off. I'm hoping this weekend will be better.

Don't worry I felt exactly the same I thought I was going to die lol, It DOES get better rapidly you will be shocked, try to move around and go for walks and sit down a bit too.

My surgery was 2/15... I am on Day 8. Day 4 was my worst day. My Two Cents: Keep your mind occupied; Drink Water (and remember sips at night); Mild exercise and let out lagging gases!

Hang in there buddy.

my surgery was 2/11. Yup, first four to five days sucked but then it got better. The only pain I had was on the right side too. My surgeon explained that is where they took the stomach out so the cut is also in the muscle. Everyday gets better. Monday is 2 weeks and I'm going back to work :-)