Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Okay - I decided it was time for fill #3 -

Enterprise - I'm glad to see that you are doing good at 3.5cc's (Do you have a 4.cc band?)

I was eating a steak on Sunday evening and without even thinking, I swallowed a big bite, I barely chewed it, and as soon as I swallowed it I said ah oh, I just knew I would have a PB eppisode, but no problems, the steak went thru like it was Water. I realized then, time for a fill.

I called my doctor today - I have to go see him tomorrow, and then they fax the paperwork over to the hospital and then the hospital will call me for a fill. Its a hassle, but I need my fill!

I am losing, but mainly because I'm exercisng my butt off 6 days a week, and trying to DIET. But, I want my fill for extra security. I want to make sure I can't overeat.

So, hopefully I will have another fill next week. I just worry how much they can fill me? I'm already at 3.0 cc's. I hope I don't have something weird going on.

I had one slice of bread on yesterday w/ deli meat and I thought I was going to be in trouble, but nothing happened. I already know I need a fill, since I can eat pretty much anything. I go on 7/6 for my first fill.

Okay - I decided it was time for fill #3 -

Enterprise - I'm glad to see that you are doing good at 3.5cc's (Do you have a 4.cc band?)...

Yes, I have a 4 cc band, too. After my one PB episode, I'm back to the way it was before the last fill. I think I can still eat too much at 3.5 ccs. It seems there are a number of us getting close to 4 ccs without proper restriction. I'm really worried about this. I never thought to ask the doctor about this before surgery. Anyone know what they do for people who don't have proper restriction after being completely filled?

Enterprise - I go see my doctor next Friday for fill #3 and I'm going to ask him this question. I have been told even though that our band is 4cc's it actually holds 5cc's.

I have some restriction, but not enough. So maybe just a small fill will get me to the "sweet spot".

I just read on this forum - I think her name was Woodys, but anyhow, she is about to be at a year on June 8th, and she has reached her goal weight, has lost 93 lbs. She said the key to her weight loss was exercise and staying on top of her fills. So I believe we must stay on our doc to get to the propper restriction. I want to be at goal in a year too damn it! lol.

On a side note - I am exercising. I'm really kinda proud of myself for starting the BFL challenge and so far I have not missed 1 single workout! And I have added a few extra cardo sessions in a week. So, I'm doing good in the exercise area.

Does anyone know if stress affects your band? I'm having a hard time with getting a fill or not on Monday. For the past 2 weeks or so I've been somewhat restricted but still able to eat foods that I shouldn't. One of my best friend passed away in her sleep Sunday night She was only 33, two kids and a hubby. At first I thought the last fill had finally started working....then tonight I PB'D on one bite of macaroni salad and it brought up the above question. Just wondering if anyone else has connected more restriction with stress or anything else besides your TOM??

Sunshine...As for my goal.....I would like to be within 20 pounds or so by the end of the first year. That would mean a loss of 120 pounds the first year! So far I'm on track, just afraid that this sweet ride will end soon and not looking forward to the stop!

Enterprise... Unbeleivable, congrats to you! I hadn't realized that you've lost 57 pounds with no fill! I'm in total awe!

My doctor appt. is on Monday, if I can remember I'll see what he says about how much a 4cc band can actually hold and what they do for people who "top it off".

Does anyone know if stress affects your band? I'm having a hard time with getting a fill or not on Monday. For the past 2 weeks or so I've been somewhat restricted but still able to eat foods that I shouldn't. One of my best friend passed away in her sleep Sunday night She was only 33, two kids and a hubby. At first I thought the last fill had finally started working....then tonight I PB'D on one bite of macaroni salad and it brought up the above question. Just wondering if anyone else has connected more restriction with stress or anything else besides your TOM??

5jacks- I am very sorry to hear about your friend's death. She was so young. To answer your question, I think that stress does make the band tighten up. I am on my 2nd fill and am not very tight. I'm going for fill #3 next Thursday. Right now I only have 1.5 cc's in my band that holds 4 cc's. My doctor is very conservative! Anyway, best of luck to you with your fill. Have a good day! Gigi:)

HI All,

I'm suffering a cold! My second this year...no fair. I went to a graduation party over the weekend and stepped on the scale before I left and it showed a total of 36 down, then when I weighed in on Monday...up 6 pounds...same on Tuesday!!! What the heck is up with that..I ate normal for me now! Anyway, yesterday I went back to a liquid diet and planned on keeping that up for a few days but this morning I was back down. I just can't figure out the jump and lemme tell you, it was discouraging because I'm eating like I'm supposed to!!

On a positive note, I ws in bed this morning trying to sleep through some of this cold whereas I typically get up and workout then feed the animal menagerie that we have. I hear this bellow from the DH and knew immediately...my new filly had arrived. That darn old mare (not so old) was not looking like it was time when I went to bed last night...I have NEVER caught the birth of one of my foals...and not this time either. Beautiful sorrel filly, up, nursed, pooped, and all dry. Blaze face and three white socks. A good day!

Shawn

First of all, so sorry to hear about your friend, that is horrible to be so young! I will keep you and her family in my prayers, that is just heartbreaking! Do you know what she died from?

To answer your questions, Yes, stress can affect the band, from what I've read. When was your last fill? Mine was a month ago and I am noticing I'm tighter this week. I'm scheduled for another fill next week (the 25th), but I am noticing more restriction again. Weird band - I swear, I wish it would make its mind up. lol.

HI All,

I'm suffering a cold! My second this year...no fair. I went to a graduation party over the weekend and stepped on the scale before I left and it showed a total of 36 down, then when I weighed in on Monday...up 6 pounds...same on Tuesday!!! What the heck is up with that..I ate normal for me now! Anyway, yesterday I went back to a liquid diet and planned on keeping that up for a few days but this morning I was back down. I just can't figure out the jump and lemme tell you, it was discouraging because I'm eating like I'm supposed to!!

On a positive note, I ws in bed this morning trying to sleep through some of this cold whereas I typically get up and workout then feed the animal menagerie that we have. I hear this bellow from the DH and knew immediately...my new filly had arrived. That darn old mare (not so old) was not looking like it was time when I went to bed last night...I have NEVER caught the birth of one of my foals...and not this time either. Beautiful sorrel filly, up, nursed, pooped, and all dry. Blaze face and three white socks. A good day!

Shawn

Congrats on your new baby! Thats is exciting!

Also, don't stress of the weight gain, I know that if you are taking meds it can cause a slight Water gain. So, take care of yourself and doctor your cold!

We're guessing she died from an overdose of prescription pain meds. She's had a history of Migraines and tends to take quite a few meds. Once in a while she gets so many in her that she can't remember when or if she has taken them so she takes another and so on. Everything was good for so long....then she had a root canal done that got infected, the pain started and the rest is history.

Thank you for all prayers, please say one for her husband and children....they are going to need as many prayers as they can get!

Shawn....congrats on the new baby! We live on a farm, calves are always coming before we know it. Had a few lambs a while back, went out one morning to twins(not unusual)!! After that, anytime they were starting to lamb I would camp out in the barn so I didn't miss the birth. I swear they would wait for me to leave to have them....it happened twice! Congrats again!

Sunshine.....I've got 3cc in a 4cc band....total of 3 fills and scheduled for the 4th on Monday. I've gotten stuck quite a few times this week and am thinking twice about another fill. In the past I'm stuck for the first week or two and then can't wait for the next fill. This time it seems to be getting tighter, that's why I thought it might be the stress/crying I've been going through. Agree with you that I wish the band would get where it's gonna be and stay there!

So far I have gotten nothing stuck, only slimed a few times, but not episodes of PBing. I think I will see how this fill continues, and next week, I will make my decision as to get another fill, or ride this one out. I might just need a slight one, like .2cc's or so.

Oh, I gotta tell you guys this, I am starting to see my colar bones! I haven't seen them in YEARS!

I'm with everyone else, on the restriction that likes to come and go. So far, knocking on wood, I haven't pb'd or slimed. Although, today, oh boy, it felt like something went down the wrong way. I figure I had first bite syndrome. I grabbed a glass of Water (which you aren't supposed to do if you're pbing or sliming, but my throat felt like it was on fire) and everything smoothed out. Nothing came up, and no sliming. I guess, I'm getting restricted to the point that I probably need to start drinking something warm before I begin eating in the morning.

Now, for my good news!!! I've got a SV (scale victory)!!! I'm out of the 300's. This was my first mini goal, and when I woke up this morning my scale read 298.8. I was in shock. In fact, it took me a while to realize that the scale had stopped and wasn't still bouncing around the numbers. I was amazed...and scared to move, because I knew it was going to bounce back up. But I did it. I got off, and got right back on, and it still read 298.8. That's when the party began...LOL