Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Me, too! I got 4 cc's in my VG band. I really don't feel anything. My Dr. The past 2 weeks I have struggled to stay with the program. I hope this has the same effect as when I first got banded. My dr. will not give another fill for another 6 weeks.

I have "the smallest band" my MD uses..I'm not sure how much it holds due to not asking...:) I will ask him in two weeks when he will see me again and tell me if I need another fill...I'll keep you posted. My MD will do a fill after 4 weeks. I will keep you posted!:P

Hi Bandida, How are you? My doctor told me that the smallest band holds 4 cc's of Fluid. I haven't had a fill yet-not til 3/22. Did I read that you weren't feeling well? If so,I hope you are better now. Gigi:)

peacej ~WOW! 4 cc's...My Md said he would only do 1 cc fornow and then I have 4 more fills. I will be going every 2 weeks unless I feel too much restrcition and then we'll wait. I can say this...my gas pain is back!!! :faint: YUCK!!! I am restricted...I've only had liquids and feel super full. :)

Gigi ~ HI! Thanks..yeah, I was having a rough time with gas and air and now the gas is back....but I'm surviving and looking forward to the summer and my new improved me!!!!! :clap2: How are you? how have you been feeling? I haven't been posting/reading as often due to being VERY busy...but I hope everything is going good!!!

smooches!!!!:kiss2:

I think you need to get assertive on this situation. If I were you, I'd handcuff myself to the boss's office and refuse to move until they tell you whether or not you got the job.

[A little humor there. Good for the stress, they say]

Thanks for the laugh! I chilled out around lunch time. I'll let you know when I do! It's a government agency I'm waiting on so....well I guess that's all I have to say...they are not really in a hurry for anything.

Well today I did better I think I got close to 64 oz. I drank 32 oz by 2 pm and continued to drink Water throughout the day. Not quite 64 oz but I am getting better. Thanks I will try the CL tomorrow. I also have sugar free Koolaid and Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch. Stay encouraged. I have my first fill next tuesday. was suppose to be filled today but had to reschedule because of my job. I am trying to stay hydrated before my first fill.

No, I haven't had a fill yet, I'm scheduled for 3/21. I do feel satisfied with that because it's 6 small meals, which works out really good for me. I also drink a lot of Water. It's weird because my stomach growls, but I'm not "hungry". I also make sure to eat my Protein first, complex carbs second, and everything else last. Maria, what you're eating is looking alright, if you feel full on that, then that's awesome because it looks like a good well-balanced food plan!!!

I always though six small meals made more sense, but my nutritionist even balked at me eating string cheese in the middle of the morning! She said I need to get to a point where I'm only hungry 3 times a day. Well, I don't know if that's ever going to happen when I have six hours between Breakfast and lunch and I'm on my feet all morning! I guess I just need to hang in there. I'm working on getting more veggies in lately. Hopefully that will help a bit. Thanks!

Maria

I wish I could eat that little and be satiated.

I am no expert but that is not alot of food, and you may be slowing down your metabolism, but heck that is what got me in the predicament in the first place.

Pam, you know what's weird? I feel like I'm still eating too much most of the time! But when I write it down, I can see how drastically less it is than what I used to get by on. It certainly is frustrating.

juno- 27lbs is absolutely awesome! Your diet seems to be okay. What about exercise?

Thanks Jeanette! :o I'm walking on the treadmill 3x a week (just started this last week). I put it at an incline for most of my workout. This week I'm adding in 2 days of weights. I'm really hoping this jump starts things.

Well today I did better I think I got close to 64 oz. I drank 32 oz by 2 pm and continued to drink Water throughout the day. Not quite 64 oz but I am getting better. Thanks I will try the CL tomorrow. I also have sugar free Koolaid and Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch. Stay encouraged. I have my first fill next tuesday. was suppose to be filled today but had to reschedule because of my job. I am trying to stay hydrated before my first fill.

Not bad...I sometimes don't get the 64 oz and then there are days where I drink about 100....I believe that as long as you try your best then it's good enough. We all obviously have read how this or that can happen and as long as we stay away from what is "not" good then we are doing great!! (Just my thoughts):o i think you are doing an awesome job!! Keep up the hard work and good things will happen!!! Good luck with your fill. I am a lot more restricted then yesterday. I will take it day by day and as it comes. :)

Shues & Bandida: Thanks for everything! I mean it!

My doctor called to reschedule my fill date. I'm going to get a fill next Monday.

Anytime!!! that's what we are here for!!! Keep your spirits high.... if it's meant to be IT WILL HAPPEN!! Good luck with your fill!!! :o:) :Banane43:

Hi, well, my fill has settled in. I'm back to little restriction. It took about 3 days. I will admit that there is a difference.

I "feel" it more if I go beyond a cup or so (its based upon the type of food). But, I'm not getting the "you're satisfied - stop" signal. It's more of a...hmmm...let's see what happens if you take one more bite. And then nothing. I'm basically using willpower to stop taking that extra bite. Everything is going down fine with me.

Jeanette - CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GO GIRL! :clap2: :o:)

Hello everyone ~

I thought I'd post on here to let you all know what happens if you get too 'filled' . . .

I was banded on 1-12-07 and went in 3 weeks later for my first fill. That day my doctor gave me a 2.1 saline fill and for a week or so I felt alot of restriction. Then the restriction starting getting to be less and less . . . So, I went back last Thursday for my 2nd fill and my band had absorbed about half of my first fill (common I understand the first time). My doctor decided to use the thicker solution the second time and gave me a 2.1 fill again. . . . Within a couple of days I was miserable . . . A couple more days and I couldn't even get liquids down . . . So, I went back yesterday and had what I consider to be my first 'adjustment' since we are trying to figure it out at this point . . . The entire 2.1 was still there (apparently the thicker solution doesn't go anywhere) and so they removed .3ccs. It was amazing the difference when all of the solution was out of my band - I was able to drink a whole cup of Water before they put the 1.8 back in. I was pleased with having lost about 6 pounds in 5 days, but will say - being too tight it not the way to do it! I feel much better today and am going to resign myself to being happy with a slower, more safe weight loss.

I just thought I'd share what happens if you get in a hurry . . .

Lynn