Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Sunshine2,

Welcome back. You were dearly missed! I've missed all of your humor and cheerleader pep talks! I'm so happy to hear that you're on the road to a full recovery, and I'm very sorry to hear it's been painful for you.

Wow; Calendar girl!!!!!!!!!! Just don't forget us (soon to be) little people here at little 'ol LBT!!!!! AWESOME news on the weight loss as well!!!

Feel better, I'm sure each day will improve.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm new to this, i just joined earlier today.. I was banded yesterday, January 25th 2007. :D

Babygot back -

What brand of split pea Soup are you eating? I am having surgery on the 2/2/2007 and want to be prepared.

The one I used and I must say is SOOOOO good, is Anderson's Split Pea.It has no chunks and is completely smooth!!! I ate it everyday as I tend to eat one food too death,till I get sick of it!!! I need to work on variety!

That was my confort food for over a week!

I'm horrified of these chest pains from gas everyone is explaining. Perhaps b/c I've had issues with chest pain from my MVP in the past. Ughhhh, I'll gulp the gas-x. Anyone use the strips yet?

I only used the Gas X strips!! That gas trapped in the chest sucked!!!

I hated it!

And I'm so freaking out! Not sure if it's nervousness, excitment, anxiety - I just don't know. I AM addicted to being on the board every minute. lol

This weekend I'm going to:

Get laundry together

Buy my New whey liquid Protein for first few days

Mani/pedi

SHAVE

Get out my slip on clothes and put them in a pile - easy access for the next couple of weeks

Figure out what movies I want

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I also tried to buy all the food I'd need for myself and convenience foods for my family for 3 weeks!

Okay - I'm finally BACK.

For all the new Members, I have sent and email to Angy (jen) to update her first post with all the new members. And let me tell you, I spent the last hour and a half going thru over 35 pages and I think I got everone, but if I missed anyone let me know. Hopefully Angy will update the list soon. I noticed she hasn't been online since the 17th, hope she is doing okay.

I kinda stayed off the board, was feeling really down and didn't want to bring anyone down with me. I was in a lot of pain and still have a small bit of it today, but not near as bad as before. My vision kept coming and going, my blood sugar was dropping low, then I would drink apple juice to bring it back up. Its been a vicious circle for me. I'm still off work, and there is still no way I could sit at my desk all day. I seem to feel great in the mornings, but as the evening comes around I am experiencing pain.

Okay enough of the down side, let me tell you some exciting news. Yesterday I went to see my surgeon, as I was sitting there in his office, he walked in with his hands held out to shake my hand, and he had the biggest smile on his face. he told me I hold the record for losing the most weight for so fast for the first visit of any of his lap band patients ever. Ofcourse he is taking the beginning weight when I first went to see him - but he does that with all his paiteints, and most gain before surgery, however, I tried to lose. Then he asked if I would like to be in his calendar for 2008? Me a calendar girl? Wow. He told me if I keep up my progress he wants me to come back in June and talk to him, he will start the calendars for 2008 in August and he wants me to be in it if I continue to lose. So, I've got a little motivation. He also wants me to be in a fashion show in October they put on. I feel like a superstar and all I've done is follow their direction.

I'm down to 215 lbs now. I need to change my stats. According to the doctor, I've lost 33 lbs. In my books, since surgery I've lost 13 lbs, I think that is pretty good for 8 days. However, I'm trying not to focus so much on the weight loss right now but healing and getting better. The doctor is the one making a big deal out of my weight loss. lol.

Anyhow, now that my vision is FINALLY BACK - I will check in more.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! What a motivator!!! I missed you!!! I am glad you are back!

I'm new to this, i just joined earlier today.. I was banded yesterday, January 25th 2007. :D

Hi! How are you feeling?? What kind of post op diet are you on?

Welcome!

Thanks, I'm doing well... i'm just feeling a lot of pressure in my chest and abs. For my post op diet i drink clear fluids for 4 days then full fluids for 10 days.. pureed foods for 14 and solid foods after that.

OK, I just talked with Dr. Spivak's nurse and asked her the purpose of the soft foods as opposed to solid foods. She said that it's about giving you time to adjust to the band and preventing discomfort when eating. If you're not accustomed to your band and you overeat solid food, you'll get a sensation in your chest like a heart attack from the pressure on your band. I asked her about the issue of giving the stomach time to form scar tissue around the band, and she said that it was really more about your own discomfort. I asked about asparagus and she said just to be careful of fiberous foods because they can put more pressure on the band.

Welcome!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might have....hopefully one of us can get you an answer! How are you feeling?

O.K., had my first week post op appointment! Doctors records show 21 pounds lost.....I show 16, think I'll go with the docs!!! Have also been realeased to mushie foods so that will help this hungry feeling a little bit.

Audree....would love to go on the South Beach diet program.....just gonna have to wait another week or two till I can eat meats and more solid foods.

Sunshine2....glad to hear your doing better. We were banded on the same day and it scared me when you were in so much pain afterwards!

Good luck to all upcoming bandsters! Thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Thanks, I'm doing well... i'm just feeling a lot of pressure in my chest and abs. For my post op diet i drink clear fluids for 4 days then full fluids for 10 days.. pureed foods for 14 and solid foods after that.

That sounds good! I was on liquids for 3 weeks, but the last week and half I was allowed pureed Soups that could go through a straw!!

O.K., had my first week post op appointment! Doctors records show 21 pounds lost.....I show 16, think I'll go with the docs!!! Have also been realeased to mushie foods so that will help this hungry feeling a little bit.

Audree....would love to go on the South Beach diet program.....just gonna have to wait another week or two till I can eat meats and more solid foods.

Sunshine2....glad to hear your doing better. We were banded on the same day and it scared me when you were in so much pain afterwards!

Good luck to all upcoming bandsters! Thoughts and prayers will be with you!

You can go ahead and post on the thread to get aquainted and record your loss if you'd like. I just finished posting some sample menus!