Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I wonder where I got the between the legs image then!

Glad to hear its not the case!

Good Luck.

well, Some can and might do it like that, He said he had never heard of it, but it could might well be......I guess...I'm just glad mine doesn't..:rolleyes:

Thank you!:)

Enterprise01 and BGB ~ I will shave tomorrow morning...I did blowdry my hair straight (I have naturally curly, curly and LONG hair) so I don't have to fuss with it for a few days...Just my way of "looking good" for surgery..:rolleyes: :clap2: .Oh FYI... I called my surgeon and he does surgery on my side...no between the legs thing!!! FEWWWW!!!!! :clap2: lol...

Thank God!!! Who had it done between the legs??? By a surgeon that is!!:faint:

I also went into surgery with my hair done so I didn't have to mess with it! Shaved too! I also clipped my hair down under because those undies are not form fitting if you know what I mean. I didn't want a forest popping out!:faint:

I had that happen to me for like the first week. Like I wanted to burp and as if the air wanted to come up, but as if the stoma would close.It was a very uncomfortable feeling for me. It went away though thank God!!! I just kept on popping Gas X

Ah! Thank you so much Audree. I just needed to know that someone had gone through the same thing. I'll hunker down and wait it out!

Maria

I wish I had had my legs waxed before the surgery. I shaved the morning of surgery (8 days ago), and now I look like a Sasquatch. I wonder how long it will be until I can bend enough to shave my legs.

I was just thinking about that this morning. Tomorrow I'm going to get my brows waxed... maybe I should tack on the legs too! The funny thing is, I'm staying at my mom's this week, and she has a shower stall with no ledges. It is next to impossible to shave in there regardless of major surgery! Maybe when I get home to my good old tub shower I'll have better luck. Here's to hairy legs!:rolleyes:

Cindy,

When I first read your responses over the past few pages I was ticked to say the least! I was like, how dare she tell us what we should be doing, we know what our individual doctors rules say. Then I started thinking about what my doctors instructions were and realized I was "pushing the envelope" so to say! I was told runny liquids for 2 days post op, then thicker liquids till the first week appt.(tomorrow), things like Soups, mashed potatoes, thicker, runny things, if that makes any sense?!?! I was extremely hungry one night, had only had 530 calories and had drank all my Water. I was one who had the micro-ravioli (about 1/4 cup total), since then I've steamed cauliflower till it was mushy, made cheese sauce and eaten cottage cheese. Not much of any of the thicker things, usually only 1/4 cup, but not "following the rules" by any means! So, instead of being ticked, now I'm thankful for you setting me straight and making me realize this isn't something to mess around with. Guess I'm just anxious to get started and wanting to rush things along. SO, thanks to you for making me think about what I'm doing.....now I need to go find some Soup for dinner!

RMS...GREAT idea for drinking, so I don't gulp! WILL DO!!!

Girls...talk about vanity. I've been planning on what I'd 'wear' that day! How ridiculous! Like anyone really cares. But what is really funny, is that I bought an embellished long sleeve tshirt with three champagne flutes on it for New Years, it says 'Going, Going, Gone' each flute being less full. However, I thought of it as in as in the weight/fat, going going GONE. Therefore, I find it to be a rather fitting outfit, don't ya think?? I too will straighten the hair, so I don't have to deal with it. No makeup? LOL...the way I see it, if he's doing the in between leg surgery - the last thing that he'll have scaring him is the mug! hehehe

Don't forget to wear slip on shoes!!

Cindy,

When I first read your responses over the past few pages I was ticked to say the least! I was like, how dare she tell us what we should be doing, we know what our individual doctors rules say. Then I started thinking about what my doctors instructions were and realized I was "pushing the envelope" so to say! I was told runny liquids for 2 days post op, then thicker liquids till the first week appt.(tomorrow), things like Soups, mashed potatoes, thicker, runny things, if that makes any sense?!?! I was extremely hungry one night, had only had 530 calories and had drank all my Water. I was one who had the micro-ravioli (about 1/4 cup total), since then I've steamed cauliflower till it was mushy, made cheese sauce and eaten cottage cheese. Not much of any of the thicker things, usually only 1/4 cup, but not "following the rules" by any means! So, instead of being ticked, now I'm thankful for you setting me straight and making me realize this isn't something to mess around with. Guess I'm just anxious to get started and wanting to rush things along. SO, thanks to you for making me think about what I'm doing.....now I need to go find some Soup for dinner!

I noticed how quiet the board got after cindy posted and while I agree with everything she said we didn't get to this place because we have a "healthy" relationship with food. I am following all of my doctors orders but I pushed a few things a little tiny bit. I ate a day early maybe or ate mush instead of puree, not sure what the difference is, to tell you the truth. But I know, for me, that this is going to be a trial and error process. I am not going to get banded and expect to not make mistakes. I am not going into the band with the intention of making mistakes but I am human. Some people have not had the education from dieticians that I received. I am amazed at how many people are banded that truly have no clue what they got themselves into. Some people will NOT follow the rules, ever. They will also be the ones that wonder why the band has failed them. But I hope I learn something from you guys and I hope you learn something from me and I hope that when I blow it there is someone here to slap me back into shape!

RMS...GREAT idea for drinking, so I don't gulp! WILL DO!!!

Girls...talk about vanity. I've been planning on what I'd 'wear' that day! How ridiculous! Like anyone really cares. But what is really funny, is that I bought an embellished long sleeve tshirt with three champagne flutes on it for New Years, it says 'Going, Going, Gone' each flute being less full. However, I thought of it as in as in the weight/fat, going going GONE. Therefore, I find it to be a rather fitting outfit, don't ya think?? I too will straighten the hair, so I don't have to deal with it. No makeup? LOL...the way I see it, if he's doing the in between leg surgery - the last thing that he'll have scaring him is the mug! hehehe

Don't forget to wear slip on shoes!!

The shirt is perfect!

Good Luck!

Audree~LOL!!!! I almost peed my pants (and believe me with all this Water it ccan happen...) I wil do the trimming fo the forest tonight!!

Laides~ I also will wax eyebrows, mustache, and whatever else (on the face only!:rolleyes: ) needs to be waxed..(I'm a hairdresser so I have all this stuff at home!) and I also have been trying to pick out an outfit... I think it ahs to be done!!!! I have 2 shirts picked out: A black t-shirt my friend brought me back from Ghirardelli Square in San Fran that says: Inside of me is a really thin woman trying to get out, I can usally shut the Bit... up with chocolate" or a Snow white T-shirt that says "Tales of Dangerous Hunger..I was really craving an orange but.." I'm not sure wich one seems more fitting....What are your thoughts?

I was just informed by the hospital (they just called!!!!!!) no make up (oh well!), jewelry, nail polish (there goes the manicure and pedicure)..no hard candy from now on, no gum and nothing to eat or drink from midnight on!!! ooohhh mjmmyyy GGOODDDD!!! It's really here!!!!!!:nervous :clap2: :nervous :clap2:

I am glad someone told you that. That just reminded me of when the anesthesiologist came in and asked if I had had anything by mouth and I said no, oh gum and he said did you swallow it? I said no, and he said good, cause you wouldn't be getting the surgery if you had! It would have been nice had someone told me no gum. I would have flipped out had they told me, sorry, no lapband for you!

I am glad someone told you that. That just reminded me of when the anesthesiologist came in and asked if I had had anything by mouth and I said no, oh gum and he said did you swallow it? I said no, and he said good, cause you wouldn't be getting the surgery if you had! It would have been nice had someone told me no gum. I would have flipped out had they told me, sorry, no lapband for you!

yeah..me too...

Reguarding your last post...I agree with you...I know that's why I came her to this site...To learn, to ask, to recieve and to give. Whether it be good advice, a question or slap on the head...:rolleyes:

Cindy,

When I first read your responses over the past few pages I was ticked to say the least! I was like, how dare she tell us what we should be doing, we know what our individual doctors rules say.

That's ok...even though I don't want to intentionally anger anyone, it doesn't upset me if I did. And that probably sounds bad, too. What I really mean is that I expect that, sometimes, writing something like what I did earlier today WILL get someone angry or upset. How do I know this? :rolleyes: They're the same things that were said to ME in the beginning. And I can remember getting pissed and thinking "Who is SHE (whoever it was) to tell ME what I should or shouldn't be doing?!" That can also be applied to when I was being told that I was making excuses to eat, and when I was told that maybe I wasn't ready to be banded because I was so sure that I didn't eat too much...and the list goes on.

So I really HAVE been where everyone else is right now. I will also say to everyone, YES, follow YOUR doctor's rules. But also, if something your doctor says doesn't make sense, or you've researched and you think that your doctor is wrong, ASK your doctor. They're human, too, and they can make mistakes and honestly, sometimes they're so busy being doctors that they don't do the research that we do. So don't "blindly" follow the rules...but then, don't ignore them just because you don't like them, either. :)

As for this thread getting quiet...well, I really don't mean to shut down the conversation. But we can get so involved in "supporting" each other that we sometimes "enable" each other, too. And part of me doesn't care how angry I get people if it ultimately helps you to lose the weight. :eek:

Enterprise, I'm a little bit stunned by your posts. This might sound kind of harsh, but you don't get to CHOOSE what you eat and when. Well, you obviously are, but you shouldn't be. Your doctor's guidelines are there FOR A REASON, and you're throwing them out the window because you don't think Protein Drinks taste good?! It's not about what tastes good at this point, it's NOT about what "agrees with you" or what "goes down." For many people, unless they have post-op swelling, they CAN eat anything...including chocolate chip Cookies and alfredo. But they don't because getting banded means starting a new relationship with food. A BETTER relationship with food and one that does NOT include chocolate chip cookies and alfredo.

The first 6 weeks after surgery is about healing. Has no one explained this to you? When you're banded, your stomach is sutured up and over the band. The stomach then forms scar tissues and heals *around* the band. So the 6 wks post op, with liquids and then progressing to soft foods, allows your stomach time to do this without churning food.

If your doctor said it was ok to move on to applesauce and cottage cheese (these are all soft foods), then fine. But asparagus is VERY fibrous...it's a SOLID food...as is meat such as beef and ham. Most doctors say soft fish because that's more of a soft food.

By moving on to solid foods so soon after surgery, you're risking your band. Do you really want to be one of those people who have a slip just because you don't LIKE the post-op rules?

Seriously, folks...sticking to liquids will NOT MAKE YOU WEAK. Post-op anesthesia can make you feel weak, recovering from major surgery can make you feel weak, deyhdration can make you feel weak. But at this point, calorie deprivation will NOT make you weak. You have plenty of calories IN STORAGE (otherwise, you wouldn't need banding). And you WANT to use those calories, so quit telling yourself you need to eat such and such because you're weak...it's not true. Even with protein...if you stayed deficient for weeks and weeks, it'd be bad...but not getting in your Protein for a while is FINE.

Cindy

Cindy I agree with you on the most part but I think your a little wrong to say that you could go with out protein not everyone is the same I know personally I CAN NOT go without I do get the shakes and very sick even vommiting so you should understand everyone has different needs and problems itswounderful you are doing so great but not everyone can be so perfect maybe for enterprise she just want to feel good again and when she does she will work on the weight loss

Audree~LOL!!!! I almost peed my pants (and believe me with all this Water it ccan happen...) I wil do the trimming fo the forest tonight!!

Laides~ I also will wax eyebrows, mustache, and whatever else (on the face only!:rolleyes: ) needs to be waxed..(I'm a hairdresser so I have all this stuff at home!) and I also have been trying to pick out an outfit... I think it ahs to be done!!!! I have 2 shirts picked out: A black t-shirt my friend brought me back from Ghirardelli Square in San Fran that says: Inside of me is a really thin woman trying to get out, I can usally shut the Bit... up with chocolate" or a Snow white T-shirt that says "Tales of Dangerous Hunger..I was really craving an orange but.." I'm not sure wich one seems more fitting....What are your thoughts?

I was just informed by the hospital (they just called!!!!!!) no make up (oh well!), jewelry, nail polish (there goes the manicure and pedicure)..no hard candy from now on, no gum and nothing to eat or drink from midnight on!!! ooohhh mjmmyyy GGOODDDD!!! It's really here!!!!!!:nervous :clap2: :nervous :clap2:

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

When I saw those paper panties with the elastic strings on the sides, I was sooooooo glad I was trimmed!!!!

They are like little parachutes!!!

I went with makeup and hair done, just no jewelry. I noticed when I got there no one was done up, but it made me feel better.

I wore loose drawstring pants and a yoga type blouse, long and black with sandals. I wore it in and wore it to leave. Only brought a toothbrush and underwear. It made it easier.

I am not hungry at all today. I have probably had about 500 calories and it is 6pm. But, then my little "tool" the other tool besides my band, my appetite suppresant is doing its job. I don't want to be tempted to eat solids too soon. I am waiting till Saturday.

I got banded 1/19 and went back to work on 1/22. Of course, that night I hit the bed within 30 minutes of walking in the door. Now four days of work later, I'm fine.