Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I am going to start doing the South Beach diet on Saturday. Anyone want to do it with me?

I've never tried it...:) I would love too, but I'm on strict liquids from now until eternity (it feels like it!):faint:

Hi there!

I met with the Dr. today. My cold is better, so everything is a go so far. I'll get my band tomorrow at 1:45!

Awesome!! You are almost in bandland!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Okay, I received great news today. I passed all the pre-op tests and I am first in line for my surgery on Tuesday morning!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I believe the nurse had me upset yesterday because my blood pressure was 124 over 82 yesterday and 110 over 72 today. Also, no skipped heartbeats. Perfect EKG today. She didn't make me feel very good when she tried to scare me yesterday and I was so happy today. I started my pre-op diet today (my own decision) and I am doing well so far. I am looking forward to finally joining everyone here in band land!!

Congrats!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Good evening everyone...I hope everyone is well or on their way there...My good thoughts and prayers are with all of you!! keep up the awesome posts...I'm right behind everyone!!!:clap2:

I had to share this "new" recipe i came up with...

I call it Cold vanilla Chai

8-12 oz of light vanilla soy milk COLD (thanks Audrey)

1 or 2 scoops of the whey Protein (I use EAS vanilla flavored)

a teaspoon of honey

a couple drops of vanilla

a sprinkle of cinnamon

and a tiny pinch of ginger...

mix VERY WELLLLL

and a little more cinnamom on top and enjoy!!!!!!

IT WAS REALLLLYYYY GOOODDDD!!!!!

i had a few crackers with it..good stuff...

Let me know what you all think if you try it...

Sounds good!!!! I will have to try it! I think I have all the ingredients too!!!

I've never tried it...:) I would love too, but I'm on strict liquids from now until eternity (it feels like it!):faint:

Check it out on my journal! It was probably the least restrictive diet I have ever done. My husband loved eating the food and my kids and they were not on diets! The food choices are just making better choices. No food group including sweets is left out! There are even cheese cake recipess!!!

Sounds good!!!! I will have to try it! I think I have all the ingredients too!!!

Cool! I hope you like it... I enjoyed it!

Check it out on my journal! It was probably the least restrictive diet I have ever done. My husband loved eating the food and my kids and they were not on diets! The food choices are just making better choices. No food group including sweets is left out! There are even cheese cake recipess!!!

I'm gonna have to check it out! thanks for the tip...:)

THANK GOD!!!! Cuz I wouldn't have liked being spread eagle and passed out!!!

Me either! Audree, how is your day coming along? What are your plans for your first day of solids on Saturday? Do you have a menu set yet? Also, do your kids still think you have a tummy ache?

Last night I went out to eat with my daughter (she does not know about my surgery). I ordered grilled fish. I began to eat the fish in small tiny bites, put my fork down, yada yada... When I had finished about 1/4 of the fish she was through eating. She looked at my plate and said "you sure are eating slow". Then she saw the amount on my fork, and said "you are taking tiny bites, what is wrong"? I just said I was eating slow to try to cut back the amount so I could lose weight.

I don't know how much longer I can keep this charade up. She is 23 years old, but doesn't live at home. I feel awful to keep making things up. I just don't want to say anything until AFTER they start to notice I am losing weight. Don't care to be scrutinized every time my kids see me or ask "how much have you lost". This is just my own preference.

I wish the rain would go away. Hard to walk and exercise in the rain.

Good evening everyone...I hope everyone is well or on their way there...My good thoughts and prayers are with all of you!! keep up the awesome posts...I'm right behind everyone!!!:clap2:

I call it Cold Vanilla Chai

a teaspoon of honey

a sprinkle of cinnamon

mix VERY WELLLLL

Yummm, this sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Me either! Audree, how is your day coming along? What are your plans for your first day of solids on Saturday? Do you have a menu set yet? Also, do your kids still think you have a tummy ache?

Last night I went out to eat with my daughter (she does not know about my surgery). I ordered grilled fish. I began to eat the fish in small tiny bites, put my fork down, yada yada... When I had finished about 1/4 of the fish she was through eating. She looked at my plate and said "you sure are eating slow". Then she saw the amount on my fork, and said "you are taking tiny bites, what is wrong"? I just said I was eating slow to try to cut back the amount so I could lose weight.

I don't know how much longer I can keep this charade up. She is 23 years old, but doesn't live at home. I feel awful to keep making things up. I just don't want to say anything until AFTER they start to notice I am losing weight. Don't care to be scrutinized every time my kids see me or ask "how much have you lost". This is just my own preference.

Hi Tulip! That most be difficult...I hope everthing works out for you!! I think your family should be proud of the decision you made to get heathier..but, I understand how you don't want to be scrutinized...I have family members like that...I wish you the best.

ok! now regarding this surgeon, no panties and between my legs. I can't fathom that! It's just so WOW to me...I'm calling my surgeon tomorrow to see what the 411 is...I do have to say he is an attractive fellow....:)

We haven't had rain..We have temps of 10 degrees f...YUCK!!! I HATE THE COLD!!!:think

Hello everyone,

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I took measurements this morning. Yikes! Wish me luck!

I'll write again on Friday.

Edieday

Hi and good luck with your surgery tomorrow! My surgery is on the 30th. What a good idea to do measurements! I think that I will do the same.Best of luck. We'll be thinking and praying for you! Gigi:)

I am doing really good! I am between 800-1000 calories still. I did go out and buy some crab cakes, eggs, cottage cheese, angus beef hamburger patties, terriyaki chicken, cod and orange roughy. Mushrooms to stir fry, onions.

I am still going to plan out my menus, but that was a start!!!

They are soooo used to me being on a million diets, they don't even notice really. This time I am on a "fast". I am always doing detoxes, etc. so my "secret" is safe!!

I almost want to weigh myself!!! Maybe tomorrow!!!

I call it Cold Vanilla Chai

a teaspoon of honey

a sprinkle of cinnamon

mix VERY WELLLLL

Your recipe sounds great! I can't wait to try it. Best of luck to you on your banding. I am right behind you on the 30th. Gigi:)

I did watch a video of the surgery, and the doctor was NOT standing between the patients legs. I found the video interesting. At the web site for or-live there are several lap band surgeries to choose from. Here is a link for the one I watched:

http://www.or-live.com/atlanticare/1710/

I cannot help but laugh about paper panties!!!

I was freaked out about where the surgeon stands until I started to think- what if that is where he needs to stand to do the best job. Then I decided, I am going to block that from my mind and pretend he won't be standing there so I don't have to think about it. :nervous

I'm 7 days post-op and still fairly miserable. I had severe nausea and lots of dry heaves for the first 24 hours post-op and had difficulty waking up from the anesthesia. I started back on solid food 3 days after surgery and that has really helped me get my strength back. I'm not feeling any restriction, though. My belly is still bloated, my incisions are sore, I've got a lovely rash from the band-aids, and I can't stop burping, which is amusing my boyfriend to no end. Putting my socks on in the morning is a Herculean task. I can't wait to feel normal again.

Sounds like a lot of other bandsters are doing better than me, so that's good. I was hoping that this surgery would not be any worse than my tubal ligation, but it is. This surgery has completely knocked me on my ass.

How long 'til the sutures dissolve and the incisions heal up? I'm having to wear the same pair of sweat pants to work every day (and sweats are not allowed), so I'm anxious to get back in regular clothes. But right now, I can't imagine wearing anything with a real waistband because of the incisions. How has everyone else dealt with that issue?

I am SOOOOO sorry, that is so hard. :phanvan It will get better, though. I know, I haven't even had mine yet (and I sure hope I remember this when I am miserable after surgery :straight ) but I have had 9 laproscopies and 2 abdominal surgeries (I had terrible endometriosis for years) and it will get better. Go get yourself a great book.. and I hope you feel better soon. :)

Also, I read that if you use Nextcare tape and band aids they don't irritate. and also use an antihistimine on the taped parts to relieve the itch (don't get it in the incision).

hang in there!:mad:

[/font][/size]