Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

That's great to hear! I live in a town where they don't do the lapband...yet, just RNY. Since I am having my surgery out of state, I had to find a "local" Dr. 2 hours away in Madison,WI for follow up care. I hope to attend their support group meetings so I can hear and SEE others with the band. It's really drives it home then.

Hopefully, I can become the unoffical lapband posterchild/spokesperson of my town and get more people on the BANDwagon! =0)

Did she say if she exercises a lot? (I plan to, but I do like to hear that the band works even for those who have difficulty with exercise.)

Yes, she said she exercised a lot. She mostly had a cup of coffee with milk for Breakfast, a Lean Cuisine type meal for lunch and a yogurt for dinner, most of the time. She said she didn't cheat much.

I was reading on another post, that even if you don't have restriction before your first fill, that we are all professional dieters and should "diet" per se, during that time. Instead of eating away, we should watch what we eat and try to maintain at least, not gain. I did this to lose weight. Not gain, not really slow. I have to understand that it is up to me what I put in my mouth.

I have always done very well on the South Beach diet. When I start solids this Saturday, I am going to begin doing South Beach. The problem is when I didn't see results doing it in the past, due to my gigantic portions, I would lose hope and binge on junk food.

This time it is different!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Audree,

I think it is so cute that people are naming their bands. I think my hubby started something!! I have a new saying too - "Be true to your bellly band!"

Christine

Can't wait for the belly band! 9 days to go....

I love it!!! I will be true to my Bandy!!!

hi all my computer is having issues so I am on my cell phone. check out technology. my surgery I monday and I am excited and nervous. I know I am making the right decision but am afraid really of what I am going to look like. see I can't afford the TT and BL so I am going to have live with whatever skin is left hanging. I pray that my days in ballys will help it be minimal. sorry 4 going on. hey I said I was nervous. I think I have everything: liquid tylenol regular and pm. gas x chewable, chewable Calcium, whey Protein, Soup, Water, milk, juice. I premade my puree and froze it in ice trays. I have plenty of popsicles, and I bought the glacial milk Vitamins. all I have to buy is my better than bouillon. how soon can I drive?

Man, you are set!!!!! Good job. Do you have your heating pad? Kelloggs protein water is nice at this time,doing double duty, so you can get in the protein and water intake at the same time. Cyrstal light, jello...

I had surgery on Friday and had to drive part of the way home on Sunday. I don't know if that is the right thing to do, but my mom was falling asleep at the wheel!:faint:

This morning the vision is a little better, but not completely okay. I still can't see with my glasses, or anything up real close is just a blur. But I can barely see the computer today and yesterday I couldn't, so I think my vision is improving.

I'm not as sore today either as I was yesterday, however, still sore. I'm weaning myself off the pain meds and jsut going to take the liquid tylenol for now.

To all the new bandsters, as soon as I am well enough to see the computer, I will get everyone new added to the master list.

Well, I think I am going to go for a walk up and down my hallway, too icey outside to walk. I need to start moving, I've been laying around too much.

Good Morning Sunshine2!!!

I laid around too , a lot in the beginning, but I thing I needed it. I felt kinda guilty about it at the time, but I am a ball of energy now, even started going to the gym! Just listen to you body, if it says rest, then that is okay.

Don't forget to get your 64 ounces in. I went to a support group yesterday and the ladies were all on me about not getting the 64 ounces in. I am very restricted still and they said that you get tight if your body is dehydrated. One lady needed a complete unfill from not getting her Water in. For some reason it makes the stomach swell. But since I don't have a fill yet, I would have no unfill option and they said that could be dangerous!!! You better believe I drank all my water yesterday.

I also met a lady who lost 130 pounds in a little over a year. She also said she drank a lot of water.

She looks great!!!

Hi everyone, well now its official!! I was banded on 1/19 - I flew to Dublin, landed at 8.20am, had surgery at 11am, and flew home yesterday at 1.30pm. Can't believe its all over. Not really sore or anything - maybe thats the pain killers:) . I do seem to have rather large bruises around the port area - anyone else have this?

I am on liquids for 4 days, followed by mushies for 2 weeks, but right now, its hard work getting more than a couple of swallows of Water at a time. I was told that there was 3ml put into my band during surgery.

I was terrified a few days before the op - really morbid and thinking about what would happen if I didn't get through it - complete nonsense really, but from what i've read on this forum, completely understandable too. Now I could not be happier. Kids think mom has a tummy bug and are being real helpful :) If I didn't have this forum, I seriously think I would have chickened out! Good luck to my 5 other same day same clinic bandsters - thinking of you all - hope you are all doing well too.

For anyone out there scared of this - yeah be scared - but do it anyway! Its really liberating :clap2:

I have 10 days to go..last night I was lying in bed wondering if I am doing the right thing. I will never have the same attitude about food again. We had a big stir fry dinner last night, and this morning, I had a cinnabon! I can not wait until my life is normal, and doesnt revolve around my next meal! UG! I appreciate all the POST OP tips you all have been sharing! Keep it up.

Hey date twin! I'm getting nervous too. I had a bad headache last night, and I know it was nerves. I'm glad I'll be busy today getting all my stuff packed up for this week. I am staying with my mom for a couple days after surgery.

I'm nervous about the hanging skin too. Especially since my boobs are humongous, LOL! They're already hanging from the weight, I'm scared to see what they'll look like deflated. Oh well, that's what miracle bras are for, right?:)

I need to take pictures today too. My official befores... yikes! Oh yeah, and I found out my surgery is going to be at 7:30am, so I'll have to be at the hospital at 5:30. I was so glad I got the early slot. Less time to be nervous in the morning.

Maria

well my twin my surgery is at 930 so I have to be there at 730. today I feel a little better on my way to church. I will send up a prayer for you all. thanks baby got back I will add the special k Water and heating pad. I will pick them up today. well I am soon to join the banded community. I have decided on a name for mine but I will let u know

I am 2 days post- op and having a real hard time drinking and feeling real light headed and I have vommited once has anyone else had this reaction.

also having sever pain and meds not working to good.

Yes, she said she exercised a lot. She mostly had a cup of coffee with milk for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine type meal for lunch and a yogurt for dinner, most of the time. She said she didn't cheat much.

I have always done very well on the South Beach diet. When I start solids this Saturday, I am going to begin doing South Beach. The problem is when I didn't see results doing it in the past, due to my gigantic portions, I would lose hope and binge on junk food.

This time it is different!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I mentioned to both my Dr. and the nutritionist that through my research it seems those that follow the band rules, stay active, and follow a low carb plan like South Beach seem to do real well. They both agreed. My Dr said to "use the band and a low carb diet to help you coast to goal and then maintain", I really think that's the best approach!

Hi everyone, well now its official!! I was banded on 1/19 - I flew to Dublin, landed at 8.20am, had surgery at 11am, and flew home yesterday at 1.30pm. Can't believe its all over. Not really sore or anything - maybe thats the pain killers:) . I do seem to have rather large bruises around the port area - anyone else have this?

I am on liquids for 4 days, followed by mushies for 2 weeks, but right now, its hard work getting more than a couple of swallows of Water at a time. I was told that there was 3ml put into my band during surgery.

I was terrified a few days before the op - really morbid and thinking about what would happen if I didn't get through it - complete nonsense really, but from what i've read on this forum, completely understandable too. Now I could not be happier. Kids think mom has a tummy bug and are being real helpful :) If I didn't have this forum, I seriously think I would have chickened out! Good luck to my 5 other same day same clinic bandsters - thinking of you all - hope you are all doing well too.

For anyone out there scared of this - yeah be scared - but do it anyway! Its really liberating :clap2:

I am sooooo happy for you!:clap2: My kids thought mommy had the tummy bug and gas.:faint: I also feel so liberated.

I have 10 days to go..last night I was lying in bed wondering if I am doing the right thing. I will never have the same attitude about food again. We had a big stir fry dinner last night, and this morning, I had a cinnabon! I can not wait until my life is normal, and doesnt revolve around my next meal! UG! I appreciate all the POST OP tips you all have been sharing! Keep it up.

Our stats sound the same. I started at 190 and my goal is about 135! I am 5'5. How tall are you?

well my twin my surgery is at 930 so I have to be there at 730. today I feel a little better on my way to church. I will send up a prayer for you all. thanks baby got back I will add the special k Water and heating pad. I will pick them up today. well I am soon to join the banded community. I have decided on a name for mine but I will let u know

I just got home from church!!! I feel like this year will truely be my year!!!! I am so excited!!!!

I am 2 days post- op and having a real hard time drinking and feeling real light headed and I have vommited once has anyone else had this reaction.

also having sever pain and meds not working to good.

I vomitted 2 times after surgery. It is in reaction to the different medications they gave you. You are also light headed due to a mixture of anesthesia, very low calories and if you are not getting enough liquids, it makes it worse. What worked for me the best, since vicodin and darvocet make me throw up, was the liquid tylenol and liquid tylenol pm if I needed to sleep.< /p>

Hi January bandsters!

Just banded in Mexico on the 16th. Lost 6 pounds so far, but hey who wouldnt on a liquid diet. So far all is well as to be expected. Just trying to adjust. I was banded by Dr. de la Garza in Monterrey.

I mentioned to both my Dr. and the nutritionist that through my research it seems those that follow the band rules, stay active, and follow a low carb plan like South Beach seem to do real well. They both agreed. My Dr said to "use the band and a low carb diet to help you coast to goal and then maintain", I really think that's the best approach!

To me, doing the South Beach didn't feel like a traditional diet. You do get carbs after the 2 week intro phase. But, it is healthy carbs, like whole wheat Pasta and whole grain bread, which I don't think I will be able to eat now anyway. But, you do get to eat good, healthy food and sweets, just healthy sweets. sugar free Fudgesicles are so yummy.

I am going to start a South Beach Diet challenge next Saturday. I will bumb the post so we can all jump in at different times.