Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi, everyone. I was banded on the 15th as well. For the most part everything is fine. Lots and Lots of gas yesterday. I feel like normal today and probably could have gone to work. I had originally planned to only take 3 days (Mon-Wed) but I don't think I could have worked a whole day yesterday and I have a desk job.

Also, my new job seems to be getting enough Protein and Water down - Yesterday I only managed about 32 ounces of water and about 40 grams of protein and that was thanks to Protein Shakes (Tropical Blast from bariatriceating.com. I am not hungry at all and need to remind myself to drink and eat. That part is excellent!

I am going to get my hair done today - roots wait for no-one!

Thanks for all the encouragement!

I am struggling too to get enough in. Who ever would have thought, certainly not me!! I barely get like 700-800 calories in if I have to be out of the house. The only way I have hit 1000 calories is if I am home eating all day.I can only take 1 cup of liquid before hitting a place that I know I will start to feel nauseous. I did it again last night trying to get some creamy split pea in because I needed the calories. I took two more bites over and got a little nauseous and knew I HAD to stop.

I love my band!

Audree, After typing the above post...I was sitting here laughing. It appears that everytime I come up with something new to me...I come back to this thread and see you posting about.

From the nectar, to the Myoplex I purchased yesterday after being away from the thread for a couple of days. I got the vanilla, though. I'm not that daring when it comes to chocolate and Protein Drinks. In my opinion...if the flavor is going to be horrible, it's going to be with the Chocolate. LOL.

Since you've tried it though, and say it's okay...I may buy one of the smaller versions as a taste test. :(

That is funny!!!!:D

We are truely becoming bonded by banding!!!

I really enjoyed the chocolate Myoplex. It is chocolatey, but not too chocolatey and it has no Protein after taste. It tastes pretty smooth. One is 17 oz and it takes me 3 times to finish one, so all day!

They come in 4 packs, but I bought a case from Sams.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have a question for the newley banded people. I was banded on the 12th. I started week 2 today and that, for me, is pureed stuff. I have had a hug problem with energy. I don't know if I am doing too much or not getting enough Protein in but I am hoping food will help. Ok, so the magic question is... How can you tell if you are full? I feel a little pressure under my ribcage so I am stopping but I didn't get much food in. Maybe 20 tiny bites of scrambled egg, cream of wheat and baby food bananas, total. I don't want to push it and have discomfort but I sure would like some energy.

Thanks

Renee

My doctor has a full 3 weeks of liquids. I am full after 1 cup of creamy Soup or even coffee. I just get this feeling like i am full up to my throat, like it will back up on me. I also get nauseous if I have 1-2 even small bites past full.

I have heard that pressure at the ribcage is full. Anything past and you might PB so I would be to scared to go past that. I am sure full for me will feel different after I start solid/mushies in a week.

I almost pb'd on soup and it was HORRIBLE!!! I felt extremely nauseous like I wanted to throw up and was salivating a lot. I hated it!

Hi Renee! You're on pureed! I wish...LOL. I'm still on full liquids till next week. While we're eating different things, we're still getting in about the same amount...actually, I've just gotten up to 4 oz.

Your low energy is probably due to not getting the correct amount of Protein in. For me, my nutritionist stated that the golden rule is 60. Actually, she said 60 for everything...water, protein and excercise. It's easier to remember that way.

I'm not sure what your total protein count is, but until you start on solid food - and can eat more, it was my understanding that you may need to continue to boost the protein in the foods you are eating. I was told to add protein powders, such as beneprotein or nonfat dry milk, to my foods as I prepared them and it would help.

I've also found that moving around has helped a little with my energy level. I'm slowly building up my activities every day. Trying a little more one day, and I've found that I can do more the next day - and I'm no way near getting all my protein in.

I'm sure others will have some suggestions for you as well. The big thing is that if this continues, you may want to consult your doctor or nutritionist for suggestions.

I LOVE IT!!! The 60 rule!!!

Has anyone heard a peep from Sunshine2? Her surgery was yeterday.

Just a few more days left until I jump on the Band Wagon! Just grabbing some last minute items I'll need, this coming weekend. Other than that; everything to prepare has been purchased. Even some 'sale' pants that I got at the Avenue for $4.99/pair! IMAGINE THAT! :(

Thanks for responding Chris.

I had surgery on Friday and went back to work on Monday. I am wondering if that wasn't a mistake. Where do you get the beneprotein? I may need to add that into my foods. I know that I am not getting my total Protein in.

Have you gotten "full" on your liquids? I think I drank something too fast yesterday because something got stuck. It was a weird feeling.

Anyone experience "full" yet? What is it supposed to feel like?

I get this feeling like i am full to my throat and if I take 1-2 small bites over, I get nauseous. I also make sure I put my liquid or spoon down in between bites and try to see how i feel.

I am also trying to stop at content and these days that is easy since I am not hungry like I used to be. i also find if I get my liquids in, constantly sipping, I am not too hungry.

Has anyone heard a peep from Sunshine2? Her surgery was yeterday.

Just a few more days left until I jump on the Band Wagon! Just grabbing some last minute items I'll need, this coming weekend. Other than that; everything to prepare has been purchased. Even some 'sale' pants that I got at the Avenue for $4.99/pair! IMAGINE THAT! :(

I have not heard from Sunshine2. She used her computer from work to post most of the time. But, I am sure she will post from home when she can.

You are almost in Bandland!!!!:clap2:

:update: :high5: OK..I had to post that I lost 3 pounds since monday!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been ALOT of work and ALOT OF liquids but it's sooooooo worth it...I can't stand it!!!:) :) :) Faith, Hard work, determination and the encouragement and support of EVERYONE aorund me really pays off!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my surgery the 18th, just got home about an hour ago! A little sore from the hour ride home but other than that all went great. My vision is a little blurry right now because I throw up a lot after surgery and they gave me an ear patch and said that would cause the blurry focus.

One thing I would like to add to future bandsters.....take a pack of lifesavers, mints, or some kind of hard candy. My mouth was so dry and tasted so bad. When the surgeon came in a few hours after surgery he said I could have hard candy as long as you don't chew and swallow bits and peices.

Thanks for all the prayers.....gonna go take a little nap!

Talk to ya later,

Lisa.

Congratulations 5jacks!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: I'm glad everything went well.. Thanks for the heads up on the hard candy/mints..I'll keep that in mind... Hope you feel better soon!! Keep up the great work and keep us posted:clap2: :clap2: !!!

:hippie: Hi, All! It has been a very hectic day: went to bank, post office, had my hair done, went to Kohl's and bought my grandson some adorable pj's, then to the pharmacy to pick up Rx's and a list of things for my mom, dropped them off at my mom's, paid her bills, reprogrammed her telephone with family numbers (got deleted in the last bad storm), then quick stop to pick up batteries that I forgot at pharmacy, to the library and then home. Boy, I need to go back to work to get some rest.

But the best thing that happened today was: I decided to try to weigh myself although my home scale only goes up to 350. First, it was 346. I could not believe it so I started all over and the scale said 348. So, I will take that - 10 pounds in 4 days, and I feel wonderful! :peace:

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!:whoo:

Thanks Inner_me and Babygot back for the usefull tips on the excess air situation. Things are going great today and I hope that you are all well. The liquid diet isn't too bad, I have found great success in the things I have been eating. I have found that Muscle Milk by Cytosport, has been a great source of Protein. My clinic recommended it and it has really hit the spot. My nutritionist has also informed me that if I would like more flavor, add a little exstract to for your flavor to any vanilla Protein Shake and it will make it much better. Lend me your thoughts.......

Well, I made it half way (day five of 10) thorugh my pre op diet. It hasn't been bad at all, since I just have to eat low carb. I've already lost 2.5 lbs too!

I paid for my surgery yesterday, too. It all seems very real now. Just a few more days....

Hello to everyone ,

Well it is the end of day three for me , and I feel so good , I am just amazed . I am a bit tired from time to time but other than that i feel like a million bucks .... (maybe a hundred bucks) . I am doing well with the liquids and have really had to remind myself that I half to drink something since i don't feel hungry . scares look good and the pain is minimal around the incisions .

Dr. Andrew Larson

260/249/145