Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey, i haven't been here for a while. I got pretty sick and was in bed for about a week. Apearantly i had "Severe, severe gastritis", yes, the doctor said severe twice. I'm not having surgery today because my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it, so i'm rescheduled... for june. It sucks but i'm ok with it. Just wanted to check in. Hope everybody is doing great. Good luck to everybody scheduled for today.

Oh bummer! Well, again, the most important thing is getting better! You would not want the band and be sick at the same time, it would not be good.

Even though your not having surgery today, we'll keep you in our thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery from the horrible gastritis you have. Are you recovering? Doing better?

Thank you Sunshine, that's very sweet of you. Yes, i'm recovering, i wasn't able to eat more than a couple tablespoonfuls of ceral per day for a while there, and i lost 10 pounds right off the bat. I'm still super careful about what i eat (nothing fried, no caffeine, no chocolate, no spicy food which is really hard cause i live in Mexico) kind of feels like a really strict diet. But i'm feeling much better.

Hi All,

I'm in Monterray Mexico, scheduled too have surgery at 7 tonight. When I got here last nite, no one was at the airport to pick me up!! And I couldn't figure out how to call on their phones, nor would my cell phone work. I wonder what my BP would have read at that time? Well, I borrowed phone from a nice man and called my liason in LA, who said, can you cal me back on another number! HOLY **** I said, no. Anyway, the phone connection wasn't very good but I got the jist that I needed to take a cab too the hospital and my contact person would meet me there...and he did. He was expecting me on Friday...I don't know where the problem initaited from but all my paperwork was in order. So, he got me to the motel and found the dr to do the surgery and

all is well. Kinda cold and dreary here, so I'm just hanging out and reading. Last night was super stressfull to say the least.

Shawn

Hey! Just checking in. I'm doing well. Not getting much in. I mean meal wise. Maybe 4 to 5 tiny spoonfuls, and then it becomes uncomfortable. I'm also 5 days post op.

Just to comment on some of the prior posts...

As for feeling miserable due to eating too much (well, I haven't really eaten too much, but I have had the miserable feeling due to gas and eating.) Walk. That's the key.

Remember NEVER to lay down right after eating or drinking. The liquid will come back up your throat. So much for snacking before bedtime. :)

As for time off, I just took this week. I have a desk job, though. So, my surgery was last Friday, and I'll go back to work next Monday. I have a follow-up appt with my Surgeon's office tomorrow. I'll be sure to check back in and let you know how it goes.

Now, as for me...I've learned my lesson...I've reviewed and MEMORIZED my nutritional guide. I had the experience of my life last night. If you didn't know...broccoli should NOT be on your menu. Even if it's just cream of broccoli Soup. If I can express the level of gas pain that I had from about 4 tiny spoonfuls of this Soup last night, you wouldn't want to know.

So, consider this my tip for the day...broccoli, for right now, is our enemy.. :D

Thanks everyone for your encouragement :) I am feeling more positive today - hope that continues!

THANKS! Wow, just look how many January Bandsters we have now. The list keeps growing and growing!

Me too! It's done! :) I was banded last Friday, the 12th by Dr. Spivak in Houston and am so glad to have the surgery behind me. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you.

Audree - I found out the hard way to that you can over-eat on soup! Who would have guessed?

Tonya - your almost there!

More later . . .

Lynn

This is just amazing me! I'm to be banded on Thursday....all through this journey I have completely planned out which "last" foods to eat when. So, the Big Mac and fries 2 weeks ago were cold, then went on a low fat diet per dr. instructions and the night before that was horrible pizza. So now I'm down to my last day of eating "the old way" and thought I would get Subway.....it's dry! SO I'm wondering if it's just bad luck or if I've convinced myself that these foods aren't going to taste good anymore. Either way it's funny that I have one meal left before clear liquid day and can't figure out what to fix....did anyone else have this problem?

Mommi-Hammi: Didn't it feel awful!!! Hey, at least I know my baby band is working it for me! I feel much better today. I am going to start measuring my food. No more than 1 cup at a time. I had two cups yesterday and that was way too much even if just liquid!

I haven't eaten much today. I feel very satisfied on smaller amounts. I was just eating with my eyes yesterday and not thinking. My band ( I keep on wanting to call my band she. I almost want to name her!) is still pretty restricted in the morning and night.

I also needed to vary my diet more. I went out and bought a case of V8. It actually has less sodium than a cup of broth. I bought some yummy flavors in Crystal Light (rasberry ice, orange sunshine or something like that), Some Myoplex pre made shakes so when I am on the go (1 has 43 grms of Protein, but they are big so I am going to only drink 1/2 at a time), some El Paso Soups to puree and some Hormel chili.

I am on day 11 of post op. I feel very healthy, no pain at all. I do feel a "tight" feelilng in my abdomen when I turn too fast or try to pick something up over 5 pounds.

I feel happier to have more food choices. I also need to hydrate myself. I always feel miserable when I am not drinking enough. I was good today and didn't drink for an hour before/after/durning my meal.

How are you all doing???

Another January Bandster here! My date is January 29th.

I am going for all my pre-op stuff in two days, and since I am a self pay, will have to leave the BIG CHECK for payment too! I think that is when my nervousness will start to really kick in! Until then, I can honestly say I have been thinking and researching this decision for over a year now, and I am looking forward to my "new life" beginning January 29th!

:wave:Hello!! Just wanted to:update: everyone. I went to my last pre-op appointment with my MD and it went AWESOME! :biggrin1: I've :lost3lbs:more !!!:clap2: My blood work was normal except my liver...so, a 2 shakes a day and sensible meal diet until surgery...:cry I guess no "last meal"...no worries, though...I'd rather have a successful placement!!!!:) Now, can anyone tell me which of these pre-made shakes are best..the Atkins ones aren't very taste...I brought some powder one that I am going to try...any sugestions? Thanks to everyone for their support! :cheer2:You guys are :cheer2:AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!:peace:

Shawn: OMG you are having a time! Good luck though.

(I know I'm not a January bandster, but dang it I WANTED to be!) plus I really enjoy this thread.

5Jacks: LOL!!!!!! dbf asked me what my last meal was gonna be and hands down... Johnny Carinos (out by the track) lots of bowtie Pasta and that bread.... LOL

Bandina: when following strict LowCarb I really found that the EAS carbvantage taste the best (to me)

:wave:Hello!! Just wanted to:update: everyone. I went to my last pre-op appointment with my MD and it went AWESOME! :biggrin1: I've :lost3lbs:more !!!:clap2: My blood work was normal except my liver...so, a 2 shakes a day and sensible meal diet until surgery...:cry I guess no "last meal"...no worries, though...I'd rather have a successful placement!!!!:) Now, can anyone tell me which of these pre-made shakes are best..the Atkins ones aren't very taste...I brought some powder one that I am going to try...any sugestions? Thanks to everyone for their support! :cheer2:You guys are :cheer2:AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!:peace:

I heard the Myoplex ones are good! I just bought some. Haven't tried it, but I will let you know! Also if you go to bariatriceating.com they have these Protein Shakes that are fruity called Nectars. The fuzzy navel tastes like tang. I also bought strawberry kiwi and mixed it with vanilla soy milk and it tastes like a strawberry milkshake!!!

Another January Bandster here! My date is January 29th.

I am going for all my pre-op stuff in two days, and since I am a self pay, will have to leave the BIG CHECK for payment too! I think that is when my nervousness will start to really kick in! Until then, I can honestly say I have been thinking and researching this decision for over a year now, and I am looking forward to my "new life" beginning January 29th!

HI Charlotte!

Yeah, I was a self pay too and when I paid, that is when it felt REAL! I love being banded!!!

I heard the Myoplex ones are good! I just bought some. Haven't tried it, but I will let you know! Also if you go to bariatriceating.com they have these Protein Shakes that are fruity called Nectars. The fuzzy navel tastes like tang. I also bought strawberry kiwi and mixed it with vanilla soy milk and it tastes like a strawberry milkshake!!!

Hey BabyGotBack! Thank you for the info. I'm gonna look into to those..Like I said, the Atkins ones are gross (my personal opinon!) Let me know how the Myo ones taste...:D Now, i've never had soy milk...how does it taste?:)