Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2nd with DR. Jaime Ponce De Leon

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to the site I have posted a couple things while doing research. I have officially made my decision, booked my date and bought my flights! I will be seeing Dr Ponce on May 2nd. I am just as nervous as I am excited, this is something I have been thinking about for the last few years. I feel very fortunate to have such a supportive family and partner, every time I start to freak out and think no i shouldn't do this he kindly reminds me of the reasons I am doing it. One of those reasons being he would like me around for a long time. I cant even begin to explain all of my emotions around doing this, everything becomes so real the minute you buy those plane tickets. So here we go now I just have to wait. I am what you would call an over analyzer and planner so I have already bought sample packs of different Vitamins and Proteins to try out, crossing my fingers I will like at least one :wacko:

Anyone else out there that is planning ahead and will be there in the first week of May?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!! You will love dr ponce!! I had surgery 9/27/12 with him and I'm down 62 pounds!! Best decision of my life!! You will be in good hands!! Best wishes!!

Did you find that it was hard to communicate with him at all? I know he doesn't speak english and I have heard that its no big deal but i was just wondering what your experience was.

I had surgery on November 8th with him and he's awesome. He does not speak english well but he always has another doctor with him that does, so the other doctor translates. It really wasn't a problem. Trish will give you a list of spanish phrases too for things like "I have pain" etc, some of the nurses did not speak english but again it wasn't a problem, they just gestured that they wanted to change my bandage or change my IV bag and it was easy to understand :) Some of the nurses there were really awesome! I had a great experience, and the recovery was easy for me.

I am hoping to have my surgery in May, in Mexico as well. I have not selected a doctor yet but I am leaning towards Dr. Ponce Deleon since I have heard amazing things about him. I would appreciate any feedback on him as well. Thanks, Annie

I will let you know how it goes for sure everyones stories on here sure helped me make the decision. I will admit though as the date draws near I am getting more nervous and having bad dreams. I know thats all normal but i wont say I havent had the thought "oh my weights not that bad is this really worth it? i can live with being fat" then I come back to reality.