Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill

I went to Winnipeg yesterday for my 2nd fill. I was happy that I found someone who could do a fill a little bit closer to me. Still hours away but less a flight.

My daughter came with me. So I went into the clinic with her. A yucky dirty clinic very sad....:rolleyes: I filled out a bunch of paper work. Paid $75.00 and sat down...for 1 and 1/2 hours later they call my name. By this time my 9 yr old is going batty! Go sit in little room with my daughter wait another 10 minutes the doc comes in and looks at my paper work. I ask him if he has filled many lap bands. "oh your here for your lap band just a minute I'll be right back" Leaves comes back 15 minutes later with a needle and saline "oh how much fill do I give you?" "i'll go call Toronto..." 15 minutes later comes back "ok ok .5cc to 1 cc" i say i want 1 cause i came from far he say ok.

My port is very close to the surface you can almost see it. so he pushes it and prodes it with his fingers. Then take the needle and pokes me . This needle was so long I think it came out my back!!! I don't know what he hit but f#*&% it hurt. he moved the needle around inside me and then he said I think i got it. Then he removed all the liquid and said "oh it looks like you only have 4cc... uh oh ya well now you 'll have 5." I just wanted him to take that needle out of me. Then he said well it looks like you didn't have 6cc like you thought. " I said " I felt some Water on my belly maybe you spilled some" He said "that was my sweat" :phanvan If he hadn't tortured me enough he says wait "i'll get some polysporin so you don't get an infection" EEEEK As I am leaving he asks if I was weighed. um no. So he pulls out this scale, that is not balanced and he gets me on it with my shoes on. He's "oK looks like 197 is that ok?" "no thanks try again..." Ya ok thanks. Bye bye. Whaaaaaa do I go see him again cause it is more convenient? do I just spent the 5oo buck and got to TO??? I hope he didn't break my band. Any way I'll write it off as experience.

Wow... that sounds awful! What was his name? I could just go check the list, but I'm lazy.

Really though... UGG! I can't imagine. Is this guy at all associated with the TLBC, or is he one of the Cobourn trainees?

OMIGAWD Lila!!! What a freakin' NIGHTMARE!!!!

Honestly, I recommend you send that post to your band doc. in TO and let them know. That is just inexcusable.....ALL of it!!!

I dunno man......I don't think I would let him near me again....but that's me. Is there nooooooooooooooo other option?

I at least hope this fill is a good one for ya.

"my sweat"......O MY F*CKIN' GAWD!!!!!!!!

The whole experience gives me the heebeegeebees....

:omg:

Well he was nice about every thing.

Oh ya he told me he had done 5 fills so far (and he was trained by Dr Coburn) and he only missed one.

I did not feel anything after this fill. The first one I got this little twinge of naseau (sp) when the fill went in. This time, other than the pain from the giant needle, I did not feel the liquid go in. I hope he didn't break my band!!!

I think the actual fill experience seemed pretty typical, so I woulnd't worry... just the way he went about it doesn't! For one, I'd tell the TLBC that he said there was only 5cc's in there, and how about emailing or calling Dr. Cobourn and telling him how his 'associate' reflects poorly on him.

Lila, that sounds horrible!!!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

BTW, On my last fill I didnt fill any feel that twinge either, and I had felt it on my 1st and 2nd. So I wouldnt worry about that part, also, it took about 5-7 days before I felt the fill. Go figure??? Good Luck.

Thanks everyone.

All though I though he didn't seem to know what he was doing. I have "felt" the effects. I slimed a piece of toast this morning. I have choked and slimed before but not like this morning. I was grateful I was by myself! WOW. I guess I will have to slow down and be more careful of my food choice cause it was quite unpleasant. I am thinking my band is not broken. YEAH!!!

Hey Mandi

Well I'd like to give the guy a break. At least he is willing to do a fill. I think if he would have tortured me then missed, I would have been bitter. But I will tell TLBC and probably visit them for the next fill just to make sure . Maybe.....I'd go see him again after he pratices a bit more....on someone else.

Yes... that's a good idea. I actually just heard from the gal (on the cobourn message board) who was his 1 "miss". She's not too happy. Yeah... let him practice on more people before you go back!

Yes... that's a good idea. I actually just heard from the gal (on the cobourn message board) who was his 1 "miss". She's not too happy. Yeah... let him practice on more people before you go back!

No way!!! Did you pass on my story about the sweat??!!! I am sure she'd get a kick out of that, eh?:faint:

Lila, your story about your second fill makes me wonder if I should reconsider and go to Mississauga instead of Ottawa for my 3rd fill. Maybe the guy in Ottawa doesn't sweat!!! Bleh!!!

No way!!! Did you pass on my story about the sweat??!!! I am sure she'd get a kick out of that, eh?:faint:

No, I haven't yet.... I don't wanna freak her out more!