Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

about 40 hours post op

I can't seem to get in Protein and Water. I took my nightly medicine (pills) some wouldn't fo down and cane back up, some took too much water to get down. My sleeve itself hurts. Like a cramp it spasam. I've had a fever since surgery. Are all these common? Also haven't bee. Without a headache since right after surgery. I actually work this morning thinking I'm hungry. I've had about 4 oz of protein since surgery. I didn't get to sipbanything until 24 hours after surgery

Sorry your having a tough time. I would contact your surgeon and report the symptoms. After surgery I found I couldn't tolerate plain Water. Hot tea works best for me. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Contacting the surgeon is good advice. You did mention that you are crushing your pills, so I was wondering if you were?

The fever is not normal and should be reported right away.

Contacting the surgeon is good advice. You did mention that you are crushing your pills' date=' so I was wondering if you were?

The fever is not normal and should be reported right away.[/quote']

No crushing. He didn't send me home with any liquid pain medicine even. They know I've got a fever and told me to call if it went above 101° ....it's the Protein I am concerned about. Some pills I couldn't get down and they taste so bad there's no way to crush. A few are slow release and can't crush! They have that sponge in them

My surgeon isn't as worried with the Protein the first 2 weeks as he is with the fluids. The fever could be caused by dehydration. Definitely get in touch with your surgeon and report the symptoms. What meds are you taking? Are they completely necessary right now? If so maybe you could talk with the pharmacy and see if they come in liquid form.

My surgeon isn't as worried with the Protein the first 2 weeks as he is with the fluids. The fever could be caused by dehydration. Definitely get in touch with your surgeon and report the symptoms. What meds are you taking? Are they completely necessary right now? If so maybe you could talk with the pharmacy and see if they come in liquid form.

Pain meds and diabetes meds. Soma, a muscle relaxer is nearly impossible to get down! Fluid is not a real issue....insipid Water non stop....have for years because of sjogrens syndrome

Hunny just try your best to get the Fluid in, remember sip,sip,sip and as for the meds you are gonna have to break them or crush. The one that is time realed, Im not 100% sure but from my understanding your not subpose to take those, because they wont stay in the stomache long enough. Try propel Water or gatorade. Dont worry about Protein, dehydration needs to be your first concern. I sure hope you feel better soon. Welcome to the sleeve side.