Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many carbs do you eat a day?

My NUT didn't really tell me to count carbs, just Protein, but I know this is important. Also, do you try to be in Ketosis like Atkins?

As few as possible :) and as much Protein as I can get.

Ideally, I would be able to keep it to less than 40 a day - on busy teaching days I really enjoy having a vanilla latte with 1/2 the normal amount of vanilla - less sugar but I still count it as 39 carbs. So realistically I am more like 60-70g of carbs per day - mostly from dairy. I stay away from processed carbs, anything made with flour, rice, etc.

My nutritionists tell me that ketones are one of the fuels that our bodies and brain love the most - I think if i ditched my latte habit i could get back into and stay in ketosis - I state I love :)

80g of Protein, 40 or less carbs, 64-100 oz of calorie free liquid is my gold standard - focusing on lean chicken, turkey, fish, veggies, and fruit occasionally. I dont count fat grams, but they usually arent that high anyway. I still use Premier Protein shakes coming up on 9 months out - it is an easy way to get 30 g of protein in, and they do not taste as yuck as they did right after surgery.

As few as possible :) and as much Protein as I can get.

Ideally' date=' I would be able to keep it to less than 40 a day - on busy teaching days I really enjoy having a Vanilla latte with 1/2 the normal amount of vanilla - less sugar but I still count it as 39 carbs. So realistically I am more like 60-70g of carbs per day - mostly from dairy. I stay away from processed carbs, anything made with flour, rice, etc.

My nutritionists tell me that ketones are one of the fuels that our bodies and brain love the most - I think if i ditched my latte habit i could get back into and stay in ketosis - I state I love :)

80g of Protein, 40 or less carbs, 64-100 oz of calorie free liquid is my gold standard - focusing on lean chicken, turkey, fish, veggies, and fruit occasionally. I dont count fat grams, but they usually arent that high anyway. I still use Premier Protein shakes coming up on 9 months out - it is an easy way to get 30 g of protein in, and they do not taste as yuck as they did right after surgery.[/quote']

thanks so much for your input. I need to try making my own Protein Shakes with unflavored Protein Powder, I've gotten to the point that any brand I try makes me gag. I'm using the "Lose It" app to track my protein and carbs. I ordered the Nike FuelBand that will be in next week, so if ican ever get my energy back I can get serious with exercise.

thanks so much for your input. I need to try making my own Protein Shakes with unflavored Protein powder' date=' I've gotten to the point that any brand I try makes me gag. I'm using the "Lose It" app to track my Protein and carbs. I ordered the Nike FuelBand that will be in next week, so if ican ever get my energy back I can get serious with exercise.[/quote']

Would love to hear your opinions of the FuelBand. I am on the fence between that or waiting for the Amiigo or FitBit Flex.

Yes and No

I do count/watch the carbs that I eat: no Pasta, bread, rice, white flour, processed foods/crackers. I only have crackers made from bran and pumpkin seeds and they are delicious.

No ketosis here and I have lost weight quite quickly and have not had any worries.

I try to stay under 75. My Multivitamin, calcium& Fiber gummies equal about 30& then I have fruits& veggies& a low carb bread product like Hungry girl flat bread ( for a mini pizza) or a slice of toast.

Would love to hear your opinions of the FuelBand. I am on the fence between that or waiting for the Amiigo or FitBit Flex.

I will let you know how the FuelBand works for me. the FedEx tracking says it will be here by the 20th. I checked out the FuelBand app and it gets great reviews, but I have to connect my phone to the computer to download the app because it is so large.

I try to stay under 75. My multivitamin' date=' calcium& fiber gummies equal about 30& then I have fruits& veggies& a low carb bread product like Hungry girl flat bread ( for a mini pizza) or a slice of toast.[/quote']

yes i need to find some Vitamins that are lower in carbs too. I love the Viactiv caramel calcium chews, but they are made with condensed milk.

yes i need to find some Vitamins that are lower in carbs too. I love the Viactiv caramel Calcium chews' date=' but they are made with condensed milk.[/quote']

I think those aren't made of calcium citrate. Double check! The caramel chews from Celebrate are very good. They are sugar-free and have 4 carbs each. I need 500mg of Calcium so I take two - but always want more since they are so tasty! :)