Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horribly sad, but for the best. I've broken up with...

...Mexican Food! (But not my hot dish of a latino partner of 9 yrs)

It's true. Thought it was time to take the true test and take my beloved out for a belated VD dinner. This was going to be a make or break moment for me. For Mexican food was my passionate lover for many years.

Sat down, ate 5 tortilla chips. In my pre-op days, that would have been 2 baskets (at least). Ordered a chicken enchilada expecting explosions of warm waves to course through my body...not so much... It tasted a little like dish soap to me.

The love affair is over and I've moved on!

Thanks for listening :)

I have found that after surgery... I no longer like all that stuff..none of it sounds good at all.. I have not tried any of my old favorites.. and I too was a mexican food junkie.. now im afraid to eat any of that stuff for fear of hurting my stomach.. so I guess all that stuff the doc drills in you makes you afraid of food LOL something I'd never thought I would hear myself say... Ive divorced food :))

Wow! I feel so bad I don't have any issues with food! Although everything I eat is usually homemade :( minus the cod burger from Carl's without the bun. Any how I made chicken enchiladas with that white crumble cheese which I can't spell and shredded chicken it was yummy. Only had one when I would usually have like three lol. So try making home made instead of restaurants your love of the Mexicans will return!

I completely can relate. My DD and I went out to Mexican food last night at a highly rated dive in our neighborhood. I had one chip with salsa and then ordered a chicken dish they had, grilled chicken with monterey jack cheese, sauteed onions and peppers. It was delicious and filling all 1/4 of it. I completely skipped the rice, Beans and tortilla as well. Just not into it anymore.

WOW--Dish soap. I was hoping you would have said could only take a few lush bites and had to take the rest home for lunch tomorrow. Divorce is tough. Good Luck

Mexican shrimp cocktail. That is all.

Oh hell no, you aren't taking my Mexican food away from me!! What I do is when I make my family chicken burritos I just eat the seasoned chicken and guacamole!!

Oh and a little cheese too :)

At our local Mexican place, they have a spicy chicken dish called Pollo Loco that's very tasty. It's served with rice and Beans, but I just have them hold the rice.

The soap thing might be a palate change if there's cilantro in it. For people with non-cilantro friendly taste buds, it's often said to taste like soap.

I can't eat my tacos......

I don't even make them.....

I know I will try and eat too many and be frustrated because I love them....

So sad.... :)

I can eat tacos just fine well one and I'm full but I love them and refried Beans

My girls still make the homemade tortillas that we have always made with rice and beans... I just can't eat the tortilla and just a lil rice.

My house would be in an uproar with out these things :)

love affair is over and I've moved on!

VSGKirk

I am so sorry for your break-up :angry:

this time period can be difficult, but i can tell you are strong/brave :)

this too shall pass :mellow:

before long - you will have completely have forgotten "her", and found a new love ;)

congrats on your weight loss :)

keep up the good job :)