Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out! Good & bad!

I month post op today! Down from 200 to 175. Pant Size 20, now 16 Top 2XL, now L .

So the scale stopped moving, but losing inches everywhere.

Daily exercise: i run on elliptical 2 miles if I eat good & have energy. If not, I do 1mile, some days I don't have energy so I up my calories to 800 and that seems to work.

I started Insanity today, Md okay as long as I can tolerate it. If too much, I modify and use resistance bands. Will see how it goes with 60 day challenge.

Good: Protein at least 60oz!

Bad: Fluids- hit & miss, lucky is 1L/ day. I cant drink too much at a time. I can't seem to time right with eating, coz seems like I'm always eating. Couldn't hang with 2-3 oz meals, I get dizzy and hypoglycemic so i eat frequently. Which means I couldn't drink Water a lot. I stick to healthy choices, low carb, High Protein.

Tracking calories on mfp, average is 600.

HOW DO YOU Consume 64 oz with eating in between?

Wish scale would move, but realize it won't until I hydrate and it's a work in progress! Now my goal is like the 1st week ---- sip--drink drink drink!

post-44430-1381366317072_thumb.jpg

Good: Protein at least 60oz! Bad: Fluids- hit & miss

Misty_eyes B)

weight, inches, clothes sizes - all going in the right direction - wonderful, wonderful :)

exercising too - bud how good are you??? :)

suggest you talk to your NUT about your eating and drinking situation

having to eat more frequently for dizziness et al reasons !!! :o

IMO - since you are eating so few calories daily, maybe after you eat for example at one meal, you might not have to wait so long before you drink, that way you would be able to drink more

that little you eat at one sitting - i don't "think" drinking in a shorter time period after you eat would be "that" harmful???

this comment is of course in my "unprofessional opinion"!!!! (got to cover myself!! ;) )

but.......of course check with your NUT - she is the one to listen to about any and everything :)

if you are having Protein shakes - the milk/water is added into your liquid intake :)

25 lbs gone, gone, and gone!!!!! :)

WooHoo :)

doing great!!!!

keep up the good work

Misty_eyes B)

weight, inches, clothes sizes - all going in the right direction - wonderful, wonderful :)

exercising too - bud how good are you??? :)

suggest you talk to your NUT about your eating and drinking situation

having to eat more frequently for dizziness et al reasons !!! :o

IMO - since you are eating so few calories daily, maybe after you eat for example at one meal, you might not have to wait so long before you drink, that way you would be able to drink more

that little you eat at one sitting - i don't "think" drinking in a shorter time period after you eat would be "that" harmful???

this comment is of course in my "unprofessional opinion"!!!! (got to cover myself!! ;) )

but.......of course check with your NUT - she is the one to listen to about any and everything :)

if you are having Protein shakes - the milk/water is added into your liquid intake :)

25 lbs gone, gone, and gone!!!!! :)

WooHoo :)

doing great!!!!

keep up the good work

HI Proudgrammy,

WOW! I hope a year from now, my profile will say 100 pounds lost :) GReat Job on that!!!

Anyway, on my 1 month follow up, I already had a talk with MD and Nut- they recommended eating 3 meals, with 2 Snacks in between. Especially I am only taking small portions and that would help with my hypoglycemia. I had issues with hypoglycemia prior to surgery so this is not new for me- I still keep my calories but spread throughout the day. I am not limiting them to 600, but still can't eat very much, so I eat until I feel full. MFP is great in tracking it!

I am relearning my eating habits bec I am so used to eating very fast and chugging my drinks right after. I still do that and forget sometimes, and the feeling is not very good- I can feel the pressure as the Water goes down, that’s why I wait now & it takes so long to eat esp now im eating soft/solids have to chew well, otherwise I can feel the pressure as it goes down too. BUT it’s getting better, before I used to wait 30mins to drink, and now I can at 10-15 mins and take 2-3 larger sips. If I drink too much its uncomfortable. MD said the minimum for me is 40oz and make sure I drink at least that, otherwise I will end up in trouble- but ultimately, goal is 640z.

Thank you for your concern! It's been a long month, and hopefully it gets easier down the road.