Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a while since I've posted a new topic. Life got busy when I started a new job about three months ago. Just here to motivate others just starting on their journey, either pre-op or just home from the hospital. I finally reached my goal weight last week, just 13 months after surgery. I met my doctor's goal weight (135) just before my surgiversary Jan 30. Technically, a stomach flu helped me get there faster than I would have liked :(

The best news (as if goal weight wasn't enough) were the numbers on my labs. I was well within all the acceptable ranges and my cholesterol alone is better than it's ever been, even from when I was a teenager! My HDL was gone up, my LDL has gone down and I dropped nearly 2.0 points in my ratio. I am over the moon!!

I feel great, I eat just about anything I want, and I live a very normal, productive life. Now, when I say "anything" I want to clarify that I still make very healthy choices 85% of the time, but I don't even have to think of small portions now. What I want is all I need, I get perfectly full and I'm good. I haven't counted a calorie in months, just keeping common sense of Protein first, etc. I eat more Desserts than I care to admit to, Peanut Butter anything is my weakness. Soda is still out of my diet completely, but I enjoy Water, tea, coffee and occasional juice. Tonight I had my first glass of wine, first time having alcohol in over 14-months, and it was great. It did not treat me any differently than before surgery and I kept it to the single glass.

I should post pictures soon, my profile pic is now very old and about 40+ pounds ago. I'm loving life, running, playing, sleeping like a champ - so happy I made this wonderful choice for my life!

Good luck to everyone!

I feel great, I eat just about anything I want, and I live a very normal, productive life

AliveAgain

love your story, and especially the above words

sums up your life in a nutshell :)

how great is that!!!!!

always great to see/hear success stories

newbies thrive on them (vets too!!)

sad that we are seeing "less and less" of you :( :lol:

hope you come around the neighborhood more often!!!!!

take care

hard work does pay off!!!!!!

kudos :)

Thanks for the uplift!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing..... Your post is uplifting and encouraging!!!

I can't wait to be in your shoes congratulations :-)

You will be one day, if you keep the faith and do the hard work!

And literally, I may be selling my shoes soon as most of them are now one full size too big for me ^_^