Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another question...because I seem to have a never ending supply of them

Let me start with saying that a leak is my biggest fear, in fact I'm almost nuerotic about it :lol:

Tuesday I started having pain in my right mid back, right around where you'd expect kidney pain to be. It got progressively worse over the course of the day, so I went to urgent care that night. They did a UA that came back negative, but decided to treat for a kidney infection anyway. The pain stayed just as intense, so on Thursday I followed up with my own doc. He called the urgent care for the culture results and there is no infection. Today I went for an US and it showed no stones either. However the pain is intense and sometimes so bad it makes me nauseous. My dr thinks it's muscle pain, but it doesn't feel like that either.

Anyone ever have anything like this? I have no fever, no rapid heart beat, no real issues other than this incredible pain on the right side. Please tell me I'm worried about nothing :lol:

My husband had the same thing and it was a kidney stone. It took him a week to pass it. He went to the ER of the hospital where we had surgery. They said kidney stones are more common when you are dehydrated which a lot of us are in the first 6 months. His did not show up on ultrasound either. But....he did have some blood microscopically in his urine. Can they prescribe something for the pain?

Thanks, because I wasn't totally convinced it's not my kidney. Even if they are saying it's not :lol: I know what muscular feels like and this isn't it. The pain also radiates around my side to abdomen and nothing about it feels muscular.

I still have all of the liquid hydrocodone the surgeon prescribed after surgery. I've been using that at night in order to sleep. I've just been using tylenol to get through the day because I have to work and drive and do all sorts of things that being looped on pain meds wouldn't be a good idea.

That radiating pain that wraps around sounds like my gallbladder pain. Do you still have your gallbladder?

No gallbladder and it's much lower than the pain I used to get from gallbladder attacks. They used to be right under my ribs in the front and the middle of my back between my shoulder blades. This pain is in between my spine and side and wraps around to the abdomen about 2 inches above my waist.