Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new! Sleeved jan. 28

Hi, everyone!

I was sleeved jan 28. I'm 29lbs down. My doctor was out of town for a week when I was die for my 2 week post op visit. I'm now scheduled to go next week with my hubby ( he's a week behind me). I just had some questions and wanted opinions.

I drink Water and and Clear Liquids fine. My problem is Protein. It makes me so sick. I get incredible gassy. I've tried Soups and apple sauce. I handle that better than protein. I know I need it terribly. I'm do scared about not getting enough, because I know I'm not. I can only drink 2 oz of it at a time. I don't know how everyone does it. Even on my best day, I can only stomach 6-8 oz of a Protein Shake. What do I do? I don't know how to get protein any other way than a shake.

I actually took the day off from protein today because it makes my so sick. I feel so much better. Also, I'm having trouble getting the right amount of liquid in general. Thoughts? I'm trying so hard. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Protein makes me gassy as well. I think it is fairly normal. It does not keep me from eating it. Drinking protein is so much easier for me. Have you tried Isopure drinks? One bottle is 40 grams of protein and 48 oz of fluids. So I can kill two birds with one stone.

You have to find protein my friend. It is your new world. Not easy. But you will be able to do it. If you continue I would check with NUT. Some forms if vegetarian protein as not as hard. Maybe you can have that.

Isopure is fruit flavored drinks. Also shakes but u are struggling there

Walmart has some Protein Powder that has 60 grams per scoop. You could try that.

Hi' date=' everyone!

I was sleeved jan 28. I'm 29lbs down. My doctor was out of town for a week when I was die for my 2 week post op visit. I'm now scheduled to go next week with my hubby ( he's a week behind me). I just had some questions and wanted opinions.

I drink Water and and clear liquids fine. My problem is Protein. It makes me so sick. I get incredible gassy. I've tried Soups and apple sauce. I handle that better than protein. I know I need it terribly. I'm do scared about not getting enough, because I know I'm not. I can only drink 2 oz of it at a time. I don't know how everyone does it. Even on my best day, I can only stomach 6-8 oz of a Protein Shake. What do I do? I don't know how to get protein any other way than a shake.< /p>

I actually took the day off from protein today because it makes my so sick. I feel so much better. Also, I'm having trouble getting the right amount of liquid in general. Thoughts? I'm trying so hard. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks![/quote']

The have protein in the juice form and not milk base form that may work better for you... It could be the milk base that your having a problem with and not protein...

They have Protein in the juice form and not milk base form that may work better for you... It could be the milk base that your having a problem with and not protein...

Thanks, guys. I should have said that. I actually started on Isopure. I do better with the milk Protein Shakes. I'm assuming I can handle those because the taste is more agreeable. I'm going to ask the doctor when I see him. I've had a much harder time than my hubby.

And maybe a more Protein in a scoop would be better. I'm sure it still kill my stomach, but it would be less to drink as a whole. I'd be fine of I could stick with Water all day. It goes down the easiest.

And I know I have to find Protein. I know it's my new world. That's why I'm so stressed over it. :-/

I don't know if your a member of SAMs or Costco... But the have a per- made brand that is really good and reasonably priced... It's called Premier Protein, which tastes well or you can check it out online...

2 moths post op. It gets better. I was in the same situation. Premier shakes are 30 grams and yes, they are hard to get down at first. Lots of ice helps. New Whey punch flavor in tall very cold glass of Water, sipped all day, shakes and I was able to get through the first couple weeks. Now I drink a Premier shake a day for Breakfast and eat regular healthy, high Protein foods the rest of the day. Still have to eat slow and small amounts but drinking is much, much easier. No problem getting down 60 Ozs of fluids now. So, don't panic, just do the best you can, each day is easier than the previous. I found egg drop Soup, protein rich and easy to get down at first. Counts into your fluids too. Our local Chinese restaurant really got to know my carry out order.