Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed Week/ 3 weeks Pos opt Tomorrow!

I'm so excited to be able to chew again, is that weird??? Possibly, but it's my truth!. I'm honestly feeling better then I would of ever imagine lost about 18 lbs this far! Now I'm excited to get back on track and begin the rest of my life! My question for you guys is.....Does anyone have any simply recipes that I can use during pureed week??? I'm a single mom already preparing meals for my 7 year old son, so Im looking for quick recipes for myself. Beware Ive been a picky eater since my youth, so not to sound snobby but if the suggestions could stay away from: pork(which really does matter anyway at this point),eggs(but I'm willing to try if I get a fabulous recipe) and NO poultry of any kind. My doctor like plenty of your's only offered me the options of tuna fish(not so thrilled but do able), oatmeal and grits(YAY excited), soft cereal(in milk), and fruit in 100% juice(another good 1 for me). All and any suggestions would be appreciated!

After searching I also have some other question, sorry my doctor had an emergency surgery so my 2 week checkup was moved to next week February 20th. But any-who Im getting confused because I see threads on here speaking of eating lunch meat, a salads, crackers, meatballs, and cucumber at this stage (Week 3, which per my surgeon is puréed week)! Is this normal 3 week post opt diet?????

Search for the ricotta bake in the recipes section. I just moved off of purees (yeah). While I was on them I ate cottage cheese, string cheese (chews up nice and soft), laughing cow cheeses, turkey chili (crockpot made with little spices but a lot of different beans), Protein Shakes. I didn't really puree things in the blender, I chewed the heck out of it. Go really slow and use an appetizer spoon. You will fill faster than with liquids. Hope it helps!

Um yeah...beef stew blended is nice! I am only on day 2 of purees, but I find basically anything I would normally like to eat...blended up taste the same. Split pea Soup I just had...yum! And it all looks disgusting. I hear mashed potatoes are really tasty, but I haven't gone there yet. I've blended up only a few things. Things that I usually put mayo in I just replaced with my greek yogurt. And I found the best thing ever today!!! I've heard about it on some threads, but couldn't find it. Powdered peanut butter!!! Yummy. I found mine in whole foods store...its not the PB2 brand, but very similar. I add that to my yogurt...I'm sure it will taste good in cottage cheese and ricotta cheese too!

Powdered Peanut Butter? That sounds wonderful! I am going to look that up online since I am 2.5 hours away from a Whole Foods.