Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a surgery date again Nov 27th

Hello

It's me again. I have a surgery date. The first date I had was October 6th,but I cancelled at the last minute.Why? I still don't know. I keep telling myself I can lose this weight on my own,but I have been trying for years and it's not working,I need some help.

How are new lapbanders doing?I have been reading some profiles & some pt's have gas pain. I was wondering now that some of you guys are past the post-op,how do you feel now? Was it worth it? How much have you lost?

Please let me know I don't want to back out again.Its approved.Everything is done. Just waiting for me to make up my mind if this is the correct road to take or not.

I'm not really a newbie, nor am I a long timer yet...I am about 6 1/2 months out. I have also read where some people get gas pain, I personally had very very little. I had a twinge the day of surgery, and I figured that was what it was, but never had it again. I did not have a big meal the night before, or anything, and I have heard some say they thought that might have affected it.

I have lost 72 pounds. I have been on a plateau for about a week, I have not lost anything at all, but my jeans are getting looser, and I do that sometimes, I end up losing a bunch of inches, and no weight on the scale--not sure how that works, but it's how it goes for me!!

I have not been eating like a good bandster for a couple of weeks, that damned Halloween candy that was left over did me in!! I have lost over 41" now.

I eat pretty much whatever I want, some things are hard for me, but not many. I have to watch dry chicken...it causes me to hurt. I eat breads but minimally and slowly, and not alone...I mean I eat them as in pizza with the toppings, or a sandwich with the meat and mayo. I have trouble with cucumbers. I think they hit me the same way drinking with my food does, because they are so wet, I have to be careful with watermelon too...it feels like it floats, and doesn't go down well, I have to eat it very, very slowly.

My surgery was by far the easiest surgery I have ever had...I have had a few!!! I was given pain meds in my IV when I come out of surgery, by that afternoon I ask them not to give me anymore, they give me such headaches! I stayed in the hospital that day, then they drove me to the airport the 3rd day, and I flew 5 hours home, as well as a total of 5 in the car. I took one shot of liquid Tylenol, during a layover. I have not taken anything for pain since, except the occasion chewable Tylenol for random headaches etc. I had stitches, we took them out 7 & 10 days after I come home. 7 for most 10 for the port incision.

Becka, I cannot begin to tell you how worth it this surgery was to me!!! I began at 289 pounds, and a size 24...I am now 217 and a size 16. I can shop in most places now, and while not thin yet, no one looks at me as anything abnormal now. I can play with my grandbabies, I walk daily because I am enjoying it!!! I joined Curves, and feel proud that I am moving my body and getting healthier. I was very happily married prior to banding, he is an awesome man, and loved me the way I was...but I am such a better wife now! I have nergy to do things with him, to work around the house more...and am a lot less self concious without my clothes which has improved our sex life as well!

When I went into surgery I took 2 different medications for high blood pressure, and one for a pre-diabetic situation...I take no prescription medications anymore. My blood pressure and blood sugars are both normal now!

Mostly I have hope, and faith, something I never had going into other diets, trying to "do it myself". This is doing it myself. I still have to make the choices. I could eat candy and ice cream all day and never have lost an ounce. I make wise choices (usually!!). If I needed a pace maker I would get one, for my health. I needed to lose the weight for my health, I got the band, and it is working!

I hope your nerves settle down, and allow you to make a rational choice, one you can be happy with. I recommend the band to everyone I know!!! If my own Mom or Daughter needed it, I would hold their hand til they went into the surgery...I believe in it so strongly!

Good Luck, any questions imparticular, feel free to ask!!!

Kat

Thanks

Wow. I am impressed and hope to have the same suceess has you. I can't wait to get on the road to weight loss.I know it will be all worth it. I currently weigh around 280 lbs so I have alot of work ahead of me.

Ill let you know how the surgery goes.