Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready physically and mentally

Oh definitely wipes lol

The leak test liquid did me in

It was horrible

Do not trust a fart :(

I was mortified

Doesn't happen to everyone but when it's you, you just want to jump out the window lol

Thank you. What u planning on taking

Hi

Pj toiletries slippers phone and charger. Still packing How about you all?

Hey guys...thought i would give you a little input. Just sleeved two weeks ago. First the pillow. I did like having one on the ride home. Dont think i really needed it, but made me feel better in the car on an hour ride home. I just put it in the car i would riding home in.. Not for the hospital. As far as Protein Drinks, do not buy up a large amount of one kind. I was not picky preop so bought two large containers of a certain powder and used it during the preop phase and into post surgery. I found out that i needed a change up during the day. So having something like a sports drink like Isopure or blitz, a powder to mix in milk if you need some xtra carbs, a premixed one like pure, Unjury chicken and one lactose free like muscle milk is good...just a few of each so you can change it up is best because you truly do not know what will work best for you post op. You an easily sink a wad of cash into something that will not be used so go easy. Two to three weeks goes quickly and you will move to food so just get a small variety and get more later if required. As far as meds, i have a good 100 bucks or more worth of unneeded meds! I was given a prescription for prilosec but wanted to have others on hand... Gasx, another antiacid, liquid tylenol, and an assortment of options for Constipation and diarrhea. They ALL are sitting unused, unneeded. I way over planned! I have Jello and pudding boxes on the shelf and 2 boxes of popsicles in the freezer. I took way too much to the hospital.... Wore the hospital gown while there... Easier to use restroom with no pants to worry with..remember..you will have an iv and a roller pole to take along with you..easier to get in and out of bed, and easier to give the nurses and dr access to your tummy to check incisions and to give your blood thinner shots. I did use my slippers, my tooth brush and my face lotion and hair brush. So long story short... KISS strategy works best... Keep it simple stupid! Just do not overdo it! You will be home then out and about so fast you will not know what hit you! Save your money for new clothes! This is one time when less is best! Good luck!

I think moregoodtimes says it best! I also 'overplanned' lol. Have thrown or given away shakes and powders and supplements and meds that I could not tolerate after surgery or because my tastes have changed. I'd be cautious about spending lots of money on things pre-op :) just some thoughts

My surgery date is the 27th and I have pre surgical physical' date=' EKG and endoscopy this Thursday and Friday. Then my last surgical consult on Monday the 18th. Im having a get together with family and friends for dinner on Sunday the 17th. Im working my regular days off prior to surgery to save my leave for this spring and summer when Im losing weight and feeling so much better!! :-) I'm so excited!! I'm 6' and was 416 lbs at my heaviest. I'm down to 395 lbs since January 1st, and still working on losing up till Surgery. Looking forward to my first 5k this summer! Is a goal to finsh one without walking!! Good luck everyone!!

[/quote']

Great goal :)