Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thank you for the postop diet update. I might as well tell it now, I am a hospice RN, when i read the thread I couldnt help but let you know. if I can help in any way Lisa, just ask. Every patient is different but when it is your family, it is harder. Tomorrow is my first day in this journey, the preop diet. Nice to know there are so many here to help me out. Will try to get me a ticker too. What a great idea.

Surgery date: 9/7/07

Thank you tpagern and welcome. (Thanks to all of you I appreciate all the sweet words.) Yes, when it's family, it's a little different. A few years ago, I helped a friend thru this and I know how hard this is going to be. I just don't think everyone else knows. I also went thru this with my ex's parents. (oops a deep dark secret, married before.) I really don't think the family knows what it's about to go thru. I have tried in a very subtle way to prepare almost everyone. But it seems to be going over their heads at this point. That is why I have continually ask for prayers. They just don't know. And I'm sorry yall for continually hashing this out. I promise not to keep bringing everyone down. I know yall don't want to keep hearing about this every post. It's just hard to keep playing the waiting game. Yall forgive me, k?

In other news....... we went to meet the teacher last night. My son is soooo ready for school. He is moving on up. Went to the "blue" hall this year. That is very important to second graders. lol I guess that is a status symbol. lol My little man is growing up.

Shannon, I got my Biotin at Walmarts. You can get it at any pharmacy, but I think it's cheaper at wally world. I don't know about everyone else, but I squeek when I walk, I'm so tight with our money. lol

Susan...... FRIDAY!! lol

Genia...... are you posting this morning, you LITTLE Okie? lol

Well, this is too long. Yall have a good day. Talk to everyone later, k?

Again thanks to all of you for being such good friends.

i got an off topic question

how can 2 people have so many dirty clothes and such a dirty house????

i am stuck in the house cleaning and washing when i much rather be out playing in the yard!!!! i have to clean today 'cause company is coming sunday and i am playing with the master gardeners tomorrow. so i am cooking and cleaning and thinking about how i could out pulling weeds and trimming the roses.. man life is just not fair

yall have a good weekend and keep losing!!!!

Lisa, don't worry about the downs. We are all friends here. Not only do we share are weight problems and successes, but life problems and successes intermingle with that too. That is why we are such a great support group here. You have my email. so anything you don't care to post you can let rip to my email. Know that we are all here for you. That goes for anyone else as far as I am concerened. Sounds like your little man is movin on up in this world. Congratulate him on his "Blue Hall" promotion for me.

Susan, I still have a part time at home college student, but he is at school now. I wonder the same thing about the house. I can't decide if we are the cleanest people or the dirtiest!!

Hippmom, gosh, I'm so glad that you brought THAT subject up cause that's what I've been trying to figure out for 6 1/2 yrs. I think we have someone else living at our house and help mess things up.:rolleyes: My husband always says that he didn't waste coffee on the floor or the carpet. Heaven help if I ask who left toothpaste in the sink. LOL

I don't like outside work (really don't like housework, either, LOL) so I engage my sister to help me clean and lately I've been milking the "I can't lift anything over 20lbs." I know that it can't last forever, but, it works for now. LOL

If anyone has a answer to "OUR" problem, please feel free to give advice. :lol:

I really understand about the $$$, I looked for the Biotin at Wally,(MP) but all I saw was tablets. I'll look for it in Atlanta's Wally World. But just think after we get all the things that we need, we'll be looking good and good to look at. LOL:D

taking a break from all the dust glad to know others have the same troubles i pity those with little dirt makers like gus and tanner LOL

You just don't know.......lol we call Tanner, Tornado Tanner. lol I just don't see how one person, especially a little person, can mess up so many clothes and dishes on one day. I'm kinda like you, Susan, I would much rather be outside playing in the flower beds. I just hate mowing. I didn't do much in my beds this year. I guess that's a good thing now. I don't have time to do anything anymore. Tanner keeps me pretty busy. I hope things will get back to the normal dirt when school starts. I have big plans. lol I ain't tellin either. lol :rolleyes:

Glo, I just bought some boitin in Paris this morning. You can use the tablets, just cut them up in pieces. I use the capsules. I hope I can get them down now. I don't have any idea how big my stoma is, but I haven't had any problem with the capsules in the past.

OH... I have a NSV to tell. I just bought a SMALLER size jeans. AND on top of that they are Rockies. If anyone knows rockies, they run smaller than other jeans!!!!!! Goodie, goodie, gum drops!!!! I got tired of wearing those elastic waistband things that grow on ya. Yall know the kind I mean. I sure hope they boost my morale.

Gotta git, my house is getting dirtier by the minute. lol

later yall

Okay, Lisa,

Dumb question, after I chop the tablets, do I put them in my food or do I just chew and swallow? I'm sking cause I think I read that you can open the capsules and pour over your food, or did I dream that? LOL

yay i'm through clothes washed, house dusted, floors swept and mopped, yard mowed, flowers watered and toe broke( i stumped my toe on the door facing as i was going out the door ouch)

lisa i had a NSV too i order a uniform in a size smaller than the old ones and it is too big!!! yay and you go girl in your sexy little rockies!!!

glo i think i would swallow the chopped up pills instead of chewing them as long as they are little bitty pieces it should not be a problem

TP how's the first day going'

tjh how's thing going for you

Glo, just swallow them.

Susan, you go girl with all the house cleaning and the smaller scrubs. Yay Us!!!

Go, TP! You can do this.

THJ, how are you? Need to keep us posted. We can help!

Yall have a good nite!

<p>

Well. I Screwed That Up. Will Try Again Later With The Ticker Thing..
</p> <p>STARVING AT 8PM. I WAS ON CALL AND COULDNT GET BACK HOME TO DRINK MY THIRD SLIM FAST. LORD HELP ME MAKE IT TO THE salad MONDAY NIGHT !!! THANKS FOR ASKING. i AM TRYING TO GET MY TICKER ON HERE. i AM SO EXCITED

ovarian cancer survivor 7 years Listen... It whispers

attachment.php?attachmentid=9651&stc=1&d=1188013173

post-222864-13813135444693_thumb.png

TP, when you do your ticker, copy and paste the picture of the ticker, not the URL thingy. Be sure to save your changes in your "edit signature" page on this site. That should do it. It may take it a second or two to add it to your signature after your first post. So don't panic after you do it, k. Sorry bout the missed meal. I know how call can be. Yuck! I hated call. (Lab Tech) Hang in there, monday's coming.

Tpagern, better take some SF and put them in the frige at work. Just think...that is one day gone that you do not have to repeat. Be sure to look at that scale, because you will never see that number again. You don't have to weigh any more for a while. It is just exciting to know you won't be looking at that number again. I have to admit, I loved that part of the pre-op diet. The only part!

Lynn, how are you doing? Guess you are busy with work and family.

Lo2 us, how's it going now? Hope your fill is working out now. I go back the 10th, hope this is the one that kicks me into gear.

Susan "Smarty" now that you have finished and everything is spic&span, Mine is in desparate need of your services. Inside and out! LOL Enjoy your Master Gardeners day!

Glo, I had one pill that I cut in half because it was very large. Swallowed with Water. Otherwise I take everything else with water. They mentioned at the last meeting cutting up small and or crushing was only required the first two weeks after surgery. Several of us sitting there were not aware of that. Some people have problems swallowing pills normally. I do not. Now, some day if I experience a lot of restriction, I may have to go back to cutting pills in half. Right now it is not a problem for me.

Lisa, did you take those Biotin 5000 gelcaps? The pharmacy drew a picture of the size and I thought it look like a horse pill. The bottle was so dark, we couldn't see through it. The others were less dose but smaller tablet. Is that just for the Hair loss? Knew I couldn't cut the gelcap if needed. I have always been able to swallow any size pill, but was thinking about down the road, in case of more restriction.

Thj, how ya doin? Everybody else too.