Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Thj, WELCOME TO BANDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are doing ok. Keep the heating pad near by. I don't know that it cures anything but it sure feels good. The pain meds may help you rest better at night. Hope you won't need them long. Some people just take the liquid adult Tylenol. Especially if it causes nausea. You do not want to do any throwing up if at all possible. The Phenergan is usually very good for that if you feel any nausea. Did Amy give you a post-op diet to follow? I hope you weighed at the hospital. That figure won't be hanging around long. You are going to have to fix you a ticker. Take it easy but keep walking as much as possible. No lifting, pushing, or pulling. Don't want to upset your port. In a couple of weeks you will look back and say, I can't believe that was so easy. Just take care and follow your post-op instructions and everything should go fine. If you have any problems don't hesitate to call PS. We will help all we can but what the doctor says is always best. Keep us posted.

Mornin everyone!

Shannon, I took Biotin right after my surgery. I think it helped some, but thinning hair is sometimes caused by not enough Protein. Sometimes, like in my case, it's caused from the anesthesia. Everytime I have had some type of procedure done, I have lost hair. Bunches of it. But, if you will up your protein, the Hair loss should slow down or go away. There are some shampoos out on the market that are supposed to work also, but I just can't see how they do. Hair grows from under the skin and gets it's nourishment from inside the body and unless you drink the Shampoo, I don't see how it works. Know what I mean? I guess it could, in theory, help, but I just don't buy that theory.You can get these at any beauty supply store. By the way, the Biotin will help your nails also. Makes them strong and harder to break and split. Of course you have to wait a while, but you will be able to see the difference when it happens. That is my humble opinion..... wait and see what the others say.

In honor of Helen, I changed my ticker. I know it's soooooo very painful for you to have lost such a fine guard chicken and I didn't want you to be reminded of her. lol Sorry, I'm just kiddin ya. lol

How's Thj this mornin? Are you feeling Ok? Hope so.... ;) Stay with it. It gets much better. Follow doctor's orders and don't do anything to upset the port. That is important, cause later a flipped port could cause problems when you start getting fills.

gloharmar, how are you this morning? Hope you are feeling ok too.

Susan??????.................. :)

Lynn, how's it going? Ready for a vacation yet? lol Hope it's going ok. How's Billy? Still got him on a leash to keep the girls away?

How is everyone else??

Yall have a good day.

lisa

Good morning All,

All is well here in Omaha (Tx, that is). LOL

I'm still hungry, but I know that this too shall pass.

By this time next week, this week will be just a memory and I'll be feasting on yogurt, sf pudding, eggs, and mashed potatoes.:hungry:

I am going today and purchase my supplies. I never was one to get excited about grocery shopping, but I can't wait. LOL

THJ, glad to hear that you are doing good, :) I know that you really are excited about wearing your granny stockings. My husband thought that I was wearing them to reduce my legs (go figure that, LOL, cause they are not big at all). I quickly informed him that was certainly not the case nor reason.

Well, sorry to get so carried away, but I am so excited about everything. My left side is still a little tender, but I'm sure that is to be expected. I have my appt next Thursday and looking forward to see when I will get my 1st fill. I hope that it will be before the 28th of September cause my daughter (Tiffani') will be graduating college in Baton Rouge, LA. and as you can tell, I'm pretty excited. She is 35 with two girls and her mom is proud of her.;):)

yay thj it is behind you now and here you go to a new life!!!

glomar everything sounds great in your world.

lisa i have nothing new to report no changes just pretty tight can only eat 3-4 bites of anything just wish i pick the right things to eat!!!

hope every one else is doing great..

oh it was actually cool enough to get out and do a little weeding and hoeing last nite and this morning YAY!!! if you guys don't work in the yard let me tell you it is the best therapy in the world you can pick up a hoe and just work out all your troubles. a lot cheaper than a shrink!!!!

Good morning Lisa and everybody else. It was so "sensitive" of you to think of Helen. I am with you about the Shampoo. I think it would have to penetrate down through the follicles, and some to possibly do something. That Biotin, is that something you can buy, or have to get it by RX? I haven't had to worry about it yet, I am eating plenty and haven't had any quick weight loss. 16 lbs in 6 mos, is hardly going to tear anything down. Some this works for and some it doesn't, I may be one of the "doesn't." I still have hope in future fills, we'll see. The nurse said at out last meeting it takes some very little, and some much more. Guess I was hoping for the, very little. My problem has always been Portion Control, that's why I opted for the lap band. Besides the fact it is dozens times safer. My apt. is 3 weeks from Mon. for a fill. Ugh...Just have to wait it out.

Glo, glad you are doing well. You have a great attitude and that will get you through the hard part much quicker. Try to stay busy and with projects and that will help pass the time. I have a feeling your high heel shoe will be clicking right along!

TJ, hope you rested alright last night. It will get better, I promise. Do you work? I don't remember if you said. If you go to the Mt. Pleasant meetings I believe you have one Mon. night, right Lisa? Hope you get to go, you'll see Lisa and she will be a great support to you, amoung others.

Lo2us, did you and Gus make it to the game? It was probably like sitting in a sauna to start with huh?

Susan, hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Everybody, hope you are having a losing weekend.

Sugarbear, Biotin is something you can get off the shelf.(vitamin section) I took the 5000mcg size. It's rather big, but it's a capsule. You could take it apart and put it in something. They make smaller sizes, but that large dose won't hurt you. I just took one daily.

Yes, our meeting is Monday nite at 7p in the hospital's downstairs classrooms. (just off the lunch room, of all places.) I don't know if Thj is from our area, but I know Glo is. Either way, yall are welcome. I'll be the fat blonde with glasses in the corner. lol

Yall have a good rest of the day. I'm outta here!

lisa

I feel really run down and tired today. The worst since surgery. I thought I've been getting enough Protein but maybe not. I will try the Biotin. I think I see Dr. K on Monday and I'll ask her about it or if she can check my Vitamin levels. I've not had a chance to meet her yet. I KNOW I haven't been eating enough fruits and veggies.

I appreciate all the condolences for Helen. I know she's up in chicken heaven sitting on her very own John Deer. Heck, maybe she could even drive one up there all by herself! ;)

Congratulation THJ. Just hang in there the next few days!

Hi Lo2us. Be sure to tell her you want to discuss how you are feeling, and what happened with your previous fill, BEFORE you do any filling. You can even alert the nurse that comes in to take your vitals, about what you need to discuss with the doctor. You might need to do a blood count. I got very anemic once and I was absolutely exhausted. I had dropped about 60 lbs fairly quickly. (once upon a time).

How was the ballgame? Good luck Monday. If need be write down your questions and or symtoms and hand them to the doc. Dr. K. is very nice, you will like her. I didn't have any problem getting her to talk with me. I know they are busy and I tried to be short and to the point, but when you have questions, you need answers.

Shannon, I agree with sugarbear. Write your questions down and ask her. I like Dr. K. She is very nice and will take the time to answer your questions Don't do like I do and forget about something important until AFTER you get away from the dr.s office.

I just want yall to know, it will take a month or maybe two to SEE the effects of the Biotin. It works for me. I have quit taking it, but I need to start back. I also have quit taking my chewable Calcium and need to start that back also.

How are you THJ? Feeling ok? Walk, walk, walk. Sip, sip sip.

Glo?....... you ok?

Gotta git. Talk to yall tomorrow.

lisa

How has everyones weekend been? Mine? Just fine until this afternoon. Came home this morning from church. Decided to do some things outside before it got too hot. Decided the things in the house could wait til later. Sooooo...I get on the mower which is only my second time on this 0-turn thing. I am finally getting the hang of it. YEA! I finished the entire yard, around the shop, around the barn, front area of the pond, then decided to mow both sides of the driveway. Why not? Everything has gone fine! Until now....What do I smell? Smells like somethings burning, hmmmm. I look back and there's black smoke! Then I see flames!! The dang mower is on fire! I am at least 450 feet from the house, kill the mower, run to the house for Water, screaming for DH to help me. FINALLY hears me, grabs icechest from me with with water in it, runs to the mower, douses it, starts the mower and gets it closer, then I can reach it with the hose. More water. The end. Bearing, pulley, and belt burned up. I guess it will go to the shop tomorrow to have a full assessment of damages. We have had the mower two weeks. I'm over it now, but it was nerve wrecking for a while there.

How are our newbies feeling? Better I hope. Every day will get better. Just think, liquid diet....past that...Broth....almost pass that....Soon, very soon, MUSHIES....YEA!! Wonderful mushies...you are home free! It just gets better and better. Just HANG-IN-THERE...........

sugarbear

may be a shrink would be less $$$$ for you LOL i had the same thing happen to mine mower thursday nite without the flames dh could fix it

good thing i already had me a pretty yellow mower picked out to buy!!!

yeah only 3-4 bites just wish i would quite between meals snacking still only 3-4 bites but still just eating because my head tells me to not my tummy. really trying to cut down on the snacking. lunch today was 4 bites of dh steak and 1/2 of baked sweet potato and Breakfast was sf

but had 2 Cookies on and off today. have you guys tried bake sweet pot. a small one only has about 90-100m calories and they have a lot of good Vitamins and stuff.

Hello all,

Sorry Sugarbear to hear about the mower, hopefully it's covered by the warranty. :embarassed:

THJ, how's things going for you?

I have had a good weekend. My new grandson came in town to see us.

I didn't know about the Calcium, should I start taking them now? I take my Vitamins every morning. I did notice that my legs hurt a little bit. I have an appt. Thursday morning. You guys, have very interesting lives, mine is so boring. Mostly mine consist of work, church and home. I'm thinking of joining "Curves" for some fun:) and exercise.:whoo:Well, see you all tomorrow night, have a blessed evening.

Susan, you are probably right about a shrink...but will he mow my huge yard? lol I agree your snacking probably needs cutting back, but....3 or 4 bites for a meal?? I don't think two Cookies are going to ruin your whole calorie count for the day. I love baked sweet potatoes. I have one once and a while. Sometimes that's what I will order when we go out to eat. Then I might eat a little of DH meat. I haven't lost a pound since June 5th, and only 6 from 4-30 till 6-5. Don't get a fill til 9-10. I hope this next one does the trick. I am going to try to keep my mind at some kind of peace about it all until then. I was so hoping to wittle this "figure" of mine down considerably by fall. I didn't think I was expecting to much for 6-7 months post surgery?!

Lisa, come across any of those nails yet? Getting late, gotta go.