Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I'm set for tomorrow morning. Dr. Keilin was kind enough to do mine on a Friday.

I am nervous about surgery (mostly about the anesthesia). Never been under a general before...

tj

Hi to all!

Goodluck thj friday on you surgery! Just remenber to walk a lot and keep heating pad around. You have have to set under the air to use the heating pad. lol

Does anyone have a myspace? My daughter set me one up and you can find it by typing 71833 Betty, I think that is how you do it. She put some pictures she had on it and i will add some after pictures soon. I hate to get my pics made. I look like such a cow but I hope that will change. I think you have to have a myspace to look on it. I have pics of my daughters and grandkids on it too. There is a lot of lapband people on there. A lady named judi is 66 and just had it a few days ago.

Hi to all!

Goodluck thj friday on you surgery! Just remenber to walk a lot and keep heating pad around. You have have to set under the air to use the heating pad. lol

Does anyone have a myspace? My daughter set me one up and you can find it by typing 71833 Betty, I think that is how you do it. She put some pictures she had on it and i will add some after pictures soon. I hate to get my pics made. I look like such a cow but I hope that will change. I think you have to have a myspace to look on it. I have pics of my daughters and grandkids on it too. There is a lot of lapband people on there. A lady named judi is 66 and just had it a few days ago.

thj

hope all is going good for you remember the heating pad!!!

yay lisa how's it going just a few more days and the little man can go to school and end the boredom

hope everyone else has a losing weekend!!!

Mornin Yall!

TJ, hope everything goes well today. I know you won't read this before surgery, but good luck. Just remember what everyone said. Walk as soon as you can, walk as often as you can and drink your Water. You will be fine.

Sharon, thanks for the vote of confidence. I get up before the chickens and go to bed after they roost. lol You know how it is. Well, when I got up this morning, to get the man off to work (he has to be clocked in at 4AM) I took a sneek peek at today's weight. According to the 2:30 weigh in, I had lost another pound. Got so excited, I wanted to do a jig cause that would have put me at my lowest in a long time. Well, I went and took a little nap, got back up and just wanted to see it again. Now, it's gone. I hate scales. lol

My little guy got too hot yesterday at ball practice. Had to sit for a while. That's really unusual for him. He stays outside most all the time. I guess it was the pads and junk he had on. They practiced with shoulder pads and helmets, so he had on two t-shirts and all that other stuff. But he looked like a little tuff guy for a while. He was having a ball. I guess that's what counts. lol

Susan, it's friday!

I better git, yall have a good day. I'm off to the races again!

lisa

Good afternoon All,

Hope all went well for you, TJH. Yes, I can remember cause last Friday I was doing what you are doing now. Listen to these ladies cause they have done the trailblazing before us.

I am so hungry. I do the slimfast, sf popsiclses, broth, creamy Soups, apple juice. I can't wait until next Friday, then I can do soft scrambled eggs (hummmmm good):hungry: LOL. Other than being hungry I'm doing great. I haven't weighted, but I feel like I've lost.

Well, school starts next week for us (Daingerfield) and the lil darlings will start the 27th. Maybe next week I'll be so busy I won't think so much about what I can't have. Well, I hope to see most of you Monday evening. Have a blessed weekend.

TJH, let us hear from you.

hey i just rescheduled my fill i was suppose to go monday but i don't think i need one at this time so i rs for 9/17 i just hope i don't live to reget this!!! hope i am not eating the house down by then!!!

Hi Lisa. Make sure little guy drinks plenty of Water the evening before as well as the time before practice. Some think they can wait for time for practice to hydrate and it doesn't work that way. Some gatorade, mostly water. I had three football players, amoung other sports. Boy! Do they ever stink!! LOL

TJ, hope you are doing well. You'll be sore but it will pass pretty soon if you walk and move a lot. You may have to go to a mall somewhere to do much walking, it's so darn hot. You will still have to get out and walk at home, can't live at the mall or Walmart. lol I even walked some during the night when I couldn't sleep well. Take care and follow the sheet that they give you. Still a liquid bummer, but the liquids do change from Slim-fast. You may still drink some of those to get in your Protein, so you won't feel so tired. The next two weeks may not be grand, but to me it was better than the first two. After a week of broth I made some homade potato Soup and thinned it with fat free milk and drank it from a cup. MMMGood. Keep walking and walking and......move arms around and anything else to dissapate that gas. Post as soon as you can.

Betty sounds like you are moving right along. Me? I'm turtleing.....

Vlynn, hope things are going good for you. Did you ever get an unfill? Doubt I'll ever need one, not like I eat.

Susan, you should be on Cloud 9, it's FRIDAY! Are you a teacher too?

Lo2us, I know you are glad it's Fri. The first of school is tiring, huh?

Let me know how the fill goes. What time do you go Mon?

Susan, mine is scheduled for the 11th of Sept. I have done the "not fill" at the scheduled visit thing. I hope you don't regret it either. I don't know if I will need one either, but I guess we shall see, huh?

Glo, I put some cheddar cheese on my egg. I thought I had gone to heaven with a side trip to I-HOP. lol That was the best egg I ever tasted. Just be careful, some people can't do eggs. Don't scramble it too hard (and make it kinda dry) and you will be fine.

ljg

Sharon, you are absolutely right about stinkly little boys :painkiller: . I think he just ate too close to practice. That will do it everytime. I know I did it one time many, many, many years ago when I ran track. That is the worst feeling. :sick I think we know better now. Tried to tell him, but you know how harded some little boys can be. lol:argue:

lisa

no sugarbear i'm an old wore out dental hygienist!!!! friday is my day off, but i play hookie yesterday so i am having an extra long weekend!!!YAY

and i don't want hear turtleing___ i the slowpoke of this group but we all are moving in the right direction YAY US!!!

Have any of you tried the suppliments from the docs? My hair is getting thin and I think I may order some. There some that are supposed to be taken like pixie sticks or mixed with liquid that sound good.

I get a fill on Monday at 4:15. Hopefully, all will go smoothly.

Right now I'm going to take Gus and go watch our football scrimmage tonight, if we can stand the heat. Unless it rains before we get out of the house!

I made it through fine. Yep; I'm sore, but I've been walking a lot and sipping Water. I've also been sucking on a peppermint to sooth my throat and it helps.

Boy; I kinda feel like a dump-truck hit me in the belly, but it fades back and forth. The walking I do around inside my home and up/down my block.

Thanks for everything...

THJ

Good for you, thj. Glad everything is ok. You just remember to walk as much as you can. It will help with the gas. You will begin to feel better before you know it. Just hang in there. Hope you have a good night.

lisa