Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Sugarbear, we got the "for sure" dx on friday morning. She has a small cancerous mass. (it's about the size of a 50 cent pc). She is facing removal surgery, radiation, and/or chemo. (docs are suggesting all three) We just don't know in what order this will happen.

I get to see Hekier tomorrow! AW RIGHT!!! I thought I was going to have to cancel due to the trip. I wasn't even sure we would be in Texas. He might not be so proud of me this time. I have really worked hard this time, too. I hope this one will help. I'm tired of being hungry all the time. I'm just tired of not being able to reach even one goal! But, I'm not gonna lay all that stuff on yall now. It just ain't right. So........

Yall have a good day!

lisa

Lisa, hate to hear all that about your m i l. Are they giving any prognosis with treatments? We will certainly keep her and your family in our prayers. Is she elderly? My l i l is nearly 87, had a heart attack about 4 yrs. ago and has never really been 100% since. She never had a serious illness until then. She did well through the surgery but lost weight through the ordeal and never seemed to be able to put it back on. She is really frail, about 100 -105, 5'8". Glad you got to return for your fill. I got one last Mon. (.4cc)wished it was the standard .5cc. She said from this point on they would probably be smaller. I just don't seem to be "going anywhere." I have been thinking about going on a liquid diet or at least partially. Just dread it so much I keep putting it off. Gotta go now. Let us know how things go.

Sharon, prognosis looks fair. She can't afford to lose any more wt. Little ole thing is 4'9". And 95 lbs!!! She is 69? I think. (sorry, not good at remembering ages) Thanks for the prayers. They are needed.

I figger I won't get much of a fill tomorrow. I don't think I really need much. Maybe, I'll get .4cc. I hope this makes me hit the sweet spot. I sure need it. This will be my 4th. It better work. I already have 2.7 in mine. I have it in my head that this one is gonna be the one, so....

I'm tired of not getting anywhere myself. Sometimes, when I don't feel very hungry, I do have a Slim Fast for a meal. I know, yuck! But it's better than storing the next meas as fat. I have enough of that already!

Yall have a good day. I think I'm gonna just prop my big self up today. I'm still tired from the trip!

lisa

gosh lisa i didn't know you where up to 2.7 dr h said last time he filled me i had 2.2 i am pretty restricted just wish i could break the junk food habit and no i am not keeping a journal!!!

I love that new ticker!

Just so everyone will know...... I am having a frustration fit this morning. I hope Dr. Hekier is ready for me this mornin. Nope, not happy this morning at all. I am tired of this thing NOT WORKING!!!

lisa

Lo2us, speaking of tickers...I think you need to look and see if they have a "speed demon" for yours, you certainly aren't moving like a turtle!! GO Shannon!!!!! I think I'll look and see if they have someone crawling through the desert on their belly for mine. lol.

I noticed that they have not found a new place for the support group meetings. I guess they will before the second Mon. of Aug. Just have to keep checking the web site.

Lisa, hope goes well with m i l. Keep us posted. Let us know how the fill goes, I know how you feel. I guess we have "hard to find" sweet-spots. I wanted to get the majority of my weight off the first year. I believe that is the most successful window of time. I am nearly at 5 months, so I don't think it's going to happen that way. Of course I guess I could nail my mouth shut. Ya think ?

Sharon, when you find nails that don't hurt, let me know, I need one also. I know there's snails for ticker slides, I think I will change mine to a snail.

It seems that I don't have as much in my band as I thought. With today's fill, I have 2.3cc's. And on top of all that, after the disscussion I had with Dr. Hekier, he seems to think I'm not getting ENOUGH calories. Go figger!!!! Starvation mode. I eat like a horse, well.... maybe a little horse. So, I was told to up my Protein just a little and see.

THIS AIN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THIS COMPLICATED!!!! EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE, DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!! How hard can that be????? lol

lisa

I just bougth some papaya enzyme at GNC that's supposed to help if you get stuck or slime. Hopefully, I'll never have to use it, but I'll let you know how it works if I do!

Do y'all do this: I weight at the beginning of the week and I've lost 5lbs, weigh on Wednesday and I've gained 3lbs, weigh on Friday and I end up only losing 2 lbs? That's weird, but I guess some is better than none.

Are we supposed to eat rice? I can't remember if it's a no-no or one of the things they said try and see just like Pasta. I've found I can eat bread too, but only in tiny bites.

Shannon, I heard that enzyme is supposed to help also. I haven't tried it, but I would be very interested in knowing if it really works. So, keep us posted k?

I do the same with my scales. Mrs. Betty told us not to weigh every day. It will discourage you when you yo-yo like that. I know it's really hard and I have tried to stay off my scales, but I just can't make it a week. lol Maybe it will come in time.

I have eaten rice with no problem. I just don't eat a lot since it has all that starch and stuff in it. bread is a big no-no with me. Can't eat it, just balls up. Same with whole wheat tortillas. I gave up bread last December. I can eat crackers, so I try to do wheat.

Has anyone had a problem with nausea after getting a fill? My little friend is causing problems this afternoon. I hope it goes away soon. ewww-yuck! I hate being nauseated.

lisa

I have never had problems with nausea after a fill. I think that is my problem....no problems with hardly anything. lol. All kidding aside I do feel more restricted but wouldn't go so far as to say I've hit my sweet spot. How much did you get today Lisa? What size band do you have?

Wonder how Sunlight and cmoomoos are doing?

Lisa did you ever look up Blondylocks email? I was so hoping she would let us know how the pregnancy was going.

Gotta go get DH supper ready, he's working later tonight.

I found some good meals on sale at wal-mart today, the SOuth beach diet meals are on sale for 2/$4. They're the ones in the deli section. Mostly wraps and salads. They have tons of Protein though. I tried one of th epapaya enzyme pills and it tastes really good. I didn't take it when I needed it, I'll let you know about that too. Those centrium chewable vitamins are great by the way. Kindda tasty.

okay, post-post question... are we to get 6 glasses of Water or 6 cups (8 oz?) My glasses hold about 10-12oz and I'm not sure I can down that much at a time.

Shannon, 64 ounces of Water per day (at least) Sip, sip, sip during the day. You can do it.

I only got a tweak.(.2) Somehow, my total and their total didn't match. I have 2.3 cc's in my band. I know the tubing holds some, but according to my calculations (I'm not a mathmatician, nor a spelling bee champ.) I thought I had 3.0. I think I will stick with their total. Tubing could hold .7cc's. Nausea is gone this morning. I don't know what happened. I just didn't feel all that great yesterday afternoon. I guess I'm just tired from all the road trips I have been taking the last week.

How's everyone else this morning? Today is a new day. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. God made it, so let's get started....... :)

Talk to yall later.

lisa