Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Congrats Lisa on the little guy! I know you are proud. Hope you find a great dress for the occasion. I'll only give you a light spank, I didn't get to ask Ms Betty to do it at ours either. Our speaker went a little over time and Amy was in a Rush for her part, then Ms Betty ask for weight loss goals to give out pins, then everyone dispersed. Maybe next time.

Vlynn don't get discouraged, you have done so well to this point. You are over halway! You know the last half is always harder. I am sure you have reached a plateau, and you know those don't last forever. Maybe change your diet up some and it will shock your system out of it's plateau. I read somewhere on here that someone went back on the liquid diet for one week and lost 7 or 8 pounds to shake up a plateau. Keep plugging away.

Lo2us, sounds like you are looking forward to your mom and her friends comming. Don't wear yourself out, but enjoy their visit. Still be carefull about your port. Hope ya'll have a great time!

I don't bother crushing meds or cutting them. I only have one that I think needs cutting in half. I found out that I didn't need to do that. Crushing was a pain and besides that, it is bitter. I just broke them, then started swallowing them whole. No trouble whatsoever. Are you taking your multi vitiman? (chewable). Are you able to swallow all liquids okay? Your swelling from the surgery should be fading. That may be why your starting to feel hungry. I never had much swelling. I was hungry from the get-go. Seems like I am doing better with this fill. Not getting qute as hungry as quickly as before. Hope that stays with me. Maybe I will do better this next six week period. In a hurry to get to my sweet spot. Hang in ther, you are doing so well.

OKay, I forgot and picked up my son for a half second, you know swinging him by his arms between his Dad and I. Now I'm panicking that I flipped my port! It feels a little strange, but I could be imagining it. I don't hurt or anything!

Well, just don't worry about it. Do mention it when you go back to see the doctor. They can tell those things better they we can. Probably when you get your first fill, which will be 2 or 4 weeks away they can tell best. I know it is hard when you have a little one. I don't see how you can not lift him, especially when husband is at work and you have him alone. I guess your mom and her friends made it okay. Enjoy their visit. I don't have either of my parents now, but I do have some cherished memories from visits. Try to be careful. Take care.

I've discovered my port is under my next to last incision on my left side. Though it's almost in the middle of my belly. I read last week that some docs are placing then more towar the middle in some patients. I laid down after I panicked and took a nap and it didn't move. I think it's probably okay, and I don't really have any pain or weird sensations now. I think it was gas and little panic! It feels flat and round whicih is how they're suppose to feel I think, right? Up until today I couldn't find it because I was feeling in the wrong place(too far over.) I can still feel it smarting ever so lightly when I move my abs. I'll make sure to have dr. H check for me if he will on Thursday!

I need to lose about 4 oz and I will hit 30lbs. I like that my scale shows pounds and ounces, it encourages me when you think in ounces to get rid of a pound!

Shannon, try not to worry bout the port thing. From what I gather, the port is actually sutured to the abdominal muscle. You could have stretched one of the sutures, but not likely. They are made of pretty strong material. But they haven't been there long and are still tender. Just be careful right now until everything is healed. I made mine sore a couple of times by trying to do too much.

Sugarbear, how's the restriction? I go tommorrow. I hope I get just a little. I'm gonna ask for just a tweak. I don't think I need much.

Yall have a good day!

The support here is just great. This is monday and my surgery is wednesday (june20). I dont know what i am really feeling today. I have done pretty good on my pre-diet. I read what you guys write and learn from you all. When you get a fill do they numb your skin and does it hurt? They told me to bring my cpap machine to surgery. Did any of you bring yours, if you use one? How long did you stay after surgery before you all got to come home? Did you get sick driving home? I have 1 hour drive home. Sorry, i told you i have tons of questions. Thank you all.

The support here is just great. This is monday and my surgery is wednesday (june20). I dont know what i am really feeling today. I have done pretty good on my pre-diet. I read what you guys write and learn from you all. When you get a fill do they numb your skin and does it hurt? They told me to bring my cpap machine to surgery. Did any of you bring yours, if you use one? How long did you stay after surgery before you all got to come home? Did you get sick driving home? I have 1 hour drive home. Sorry, i told you i have tons of questions. Thank you all.

I brought my cpap, but they didn't use it. I went in at 6:30, surgery at 9:30, and was home by 1:30.

Hello Sunlight. Today is the big day! You will cross over into bandland today! I was first on the surgery list, I believe about 7:30, I was home by 10:30 or 11:00 and I have about a 40 minute drive. Didn't have a c-pap machine. Dr. K did numb me for a fill, Dr. H did my last one and did not numb me. It wasn't bad either way. The little stick is about the same to me. It was not painful. I had myself pretty nervous about it, and all for nothing. I have heard a couple say the sting from the numbing was worse than the stick for the fill. I got my first fill at 4 weeks, and the port sight may have still been tender. Anyway, it is not bad at all. Good luck today and I hope you post as soon as possible to let us know how things went. Remember you need to move around as much as possible, morning, noon, and night. A heating pad is nice too. I didn't have any trouble on the way home. They gave me plenty of anti-nausea meds. Take care.

Lo2us, I am sure they will check the port site when you go in, if not tell him you want it checked. It has been two weeks today! That is most people's milestone as far as feeling better after surgery. Other than being sore and some gas up around my shoulders, I never felt bad.

You are about to pass me on the pounds, and you are just two weeks out! Good for you! Now you can go to mushies. I was so glad when I got there! It sounds like you are getting plenty of protien from your new protien drinks. What did you say they were? I never drank any more Slimfast. I burnt out on those. I eat plenty of food now anyway, I believe I get plent of protien. You can eat Beans, yogurts, and things like that to help get protien. I ate a lot of refried beans w/ a little melted cheese when we ate mexican. ( Good mushies, if you care for them). I read where a lot of people put stuff that weren't mushy into one of those Magic Bullet (blender), and ate most anything. Just got it to a soft consistency. I didn't have one, just tried to chew well. Didn't have any problems. I bet your mom is having a ball with your little one. My husband and my grandson are out playing golf right now. He is three.

I'm starving today. I'm feeling pretty good, but my BP has been below 100 on the top number and in the 50's the past few days and I'm light headed and dizzy every time I get up today. I'm going to tell Dr. H about it tomorrow. I put 1 tsp in my Protein (Myoplex) shake today and man it sure is easier to get down! I did try a little pudding this morning and it didn okay. I may try some cream of wheat tonight if I get hungry before bed. I'll let y'all know what the doc says tomrrow!

Good luck sunlight!

The surgery went great. I am sore, especially under my left side. My mouth is so dry. I still have the patch behind my ear and am taking and taking the other two meds. The cpap and meds made me wake up every hour to get a sip of Water. I had only water yesterday. I brup a lot and feels like something comes in my throat. I hope that is normal. I may try some broths today. My tummy feels so blown up. I started at 275 (i thought it was 280) yesterday they weighted me before surgery and i weughed 258. That is 17lb i could not believe it. Thank you for support sugarbear, lo2us, and lisa g. I hope i can do as well as you all.

Welcome to "the other side," You are an official Texarkana Bandster! You should do fine. Keep walking and moving, that will help diddapate that air you feel. Think of a huge bubble inside, the more you move the bubble breaks down into smaller bubbles, ect.......gotta keep them breaking down until they are gone. You can probably back off on the meds unless you feel as though you really need them. I took mine at night for a couple of nights to help me rest. (the pain med). Not the nausea. Take care. Will check on you later.

Lo2us, let me know how the dr. appt goes. Curious to know what size your band is.

Sunlight - I took the meds on and off the whole first week, they did help me sleep. Try to wear that awful cpap as much as you can, it helps you heal faster, but I know how annoying it is. The next few days are rough and just take it easy and try to walk to help that burping/gassy feeling pass. I've been hiccup/gasping and Dr. H. told me that was normal because they have to scrape the diaphram to get the band on and the healing is the gasping.

Dr. H forgot to tell me the size of my band today, but he checked my port and I'm okay. He cleared me for Water aerobics to go tonight. He even cut my b/p medicine in half! That was the best thing! I'm surprised at how small the scars are and they just look like scratches. I had pureed rotisserie chicken when I got home and Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Y'all tell me what else I can eat for mushies?

I'm a little tired today and my b/p's been low so I guess that's what's causing it. He told me to chop up the pills now. I go back for my first fill on July 12th. I may get my hubby to take a walk with me since Gus is asleep for a while.

How did the fills go?