Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello all. Well, I see the site has changed again. I haven't had too much time in the last day or to to get on our site. I noticed that I did not get an email alert that anyone had posted. Are they not doing that anymore? I thought no one had posted. I see there are several since I was on. hmmmm what's up with that?

I leave in the morning for vacation. I don't know if I will have access to a computer or not. I hate to go a whole week with out talking to you girls. When I get back we will think of a place to meet. Would you want to do it fairly soon or wait a bit? If we go eat i would like to do it when lo2us could eat with us. No fun to go eat when you are on a liquid diet! Been there done that.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good.

Priss sounds like you are doing good. Hang in there. Every day that passes just gets better, on top of that it is one more day towards food freedom. Each week you choices get a little broader. How is the weight comming. You will have to fix you a ticker. By the way, I got my first fill at four weeks. I am the only one I know of that got it at four wks. I'm glad though. Sometimes it takes several to get you going, sometimes not. Everyone seem to be different. Well better go. I will post as soon as I get back. Everyone take care. I will miss my daily contact I have with you.

We are on the first leg of our vacation. We are at Mt. Magazine St. Park. The highest point in AR. This part is a gift we got for Xmas. Tomorrow we will head on to MO. This is a very nice lodge. We just had dinner and I think I may be feeling some restriction. I got full pretty quick and could not finish my food. That's a first!!:clap2: I had two small crab cakes, ate one and started the other and gave it to my husband. I guess that is feeling restriction? Anyway it was wonderful, taste great, and I got full. They have guest computers here, but don't know about the rest of our journey. Take care. I'll return home next Sat.

Well...looky here. I'm sorry, do I know you? lol Did you say your name was wanna be thin???? Did you get your internet service fixed at home? Girl, you have lost some weight. That is really fantastic. Go, Genia, Go! lol Is that little box your ticker? Little box, little ticker....little Okie! lol I just knew you had dried up and blowed away.;-) I'm glad you posted. I was beginning to worry.... lol

Yall will NEVER guess what happened to me yesterday. I FINALLY HAVE RESTRICTION!!!!! Man, do I have restriction. This is great. I hope it lasts at least 25 lbs. You never know until, it hits you, then you know for sure you have restriction. I got stuck yesterday and then turned around and got stuck again this morning. Needless to say, I quit eating and grabbed a shake (sorry Sharon, I just had to do it lol) I don't think I will be eating much today. Think I will wait until later. Man, don't that sound great. I'M NOT HUNGRY!!! Kinda like Ripley's..... believe it, or not. lol

Yall have a good day! Talk to ya later!

lisa

<p>COngratulations! It's been what, 7days since the fill? Does it usually take that long to kick in?</p> <p> </p> <p>I actually got up this morning and walked 2 miles. I'm going to try to do it for the rest of this week and take my weekends off until surgery. Maybe it will help me recover quicker...I know it helped when I had my c-section.</p> <p> </p> <p>Other than slim fast, is there anything else I should be getting to hel with recover. By the way, y'all didn't tell me about those stockings...ACK! I know I'm going to hate that!</p> <p> </p> <p>Do any of you know about the Legends ladies gym. I think maybe later on I might look into it since I hear they have child care there.</p>

Dang tha editing is a PAIN!

Well...guess where I spent my evening?...until 2 A.M. this morning?...

In the ER...Billy has a Kidney Stone...was really sick and in LOTS of pain...anyone know of a good Urologist in TXRKANA...Let me know if you do...

He's doing much better since he got some pain meds and phenegran...

Poor guy, I have heard it's lots harder on men. Bless his heart. I don't know about urologists. We have a couple of good ones in Mt. Pleasant, but I don't think you wanna drive that far. Man, let us know how he does. I'll add him to our prayer list, k?

Ha, Ha, Shannon. We want you to be surprised about some things. Can't have you knowing everything going into surgery. lol I hated those things. especially when I started walking further. I looked like a duck trying to walk and hold mine up. lol Ended up taking them off before I was supposed too. As for the post-op diet. You will get a little sheet telling you what you can have. E-mail Amy Roberts at Wadley. She can send you something. I can PM you her address if you want it. I had lots of sugar free Jello and I loved the broth from chicken noodle Soup. Be careful not to get any noodles. Apple juice. Ms. Betty said anything you can drink thru a straw is fine. No chunks of meat.< /p>

And yes, I have heard that it sometimes takes as long as 2 weeks for a fill to engage?, take effect? you know what I mean. I think that's why you can't get a fill but every 6 weeks. But, since I finally have restriction, it's not so bad after all. I just hope I will start loosing faster.

I wonder where Sugarbear is.... hope she is having the time of her life up there in the mountains.

Suuuuusssannnnn, where are uuuuuuu? We haven't heard from you lately.

lisa

Dr. Payne in Texarkana takes care of my father-in-law. He's also married to our pediatrician, they're nice folks.

Will a garder belt hold those crazy things up or are tehy too strong?

I don't know if a garter belt will work. It won't hurt to try. My legs are just made funky. I have scar tissue on one from getting stomped by a horse when I was young and it made it hard to keep that one stocking up where it's supposed to be. They just might be ok for you. Also, they are for circulation and I circulated enough, (I thought) after a few days. I walked alot right after surgery anyway.

lisa

The restriction does feel good doesn't it. (LISA G) So it took a few days for you to get the restriction???..... It's funny how everyone is so different. I had restriction as soon as I tried to eat solids after my second fill. I have had it for three week now. I keep being scared it will leave me. Even though sometimes it would be nice to enjoy a meal instead of a few bites.

My only complaint is why can you eat junk food so easy. I got sick over my lunch & supper yesterday then I went to the baseball game and worked the concession stand.... I was the best customer. I was hungry and the junk food was easy to eat.... BAD ME! I can even eat laffy taffy.... weird...... Then this morning after two bites of eggs I couldn't eat another bite.... You all take care.... I'll try to check in more often.

TTYL

Genia, believe me, I know bout the concession stand thing. That has got to be the hardest thing. I wanted cheese stix and chocolate. AND A DIET COKE!!! But, I didn't. I just drank my Water and started picking on the kids and the girl that was working with me. I know you can't believe that I would do such thing, but I confess.

This is my third fill, and I'm sure glad it worked. I was begining to get really frustrated and discouraged. I hadn't lost any thing in at least 6 weeks. Boo. But, maybe, I'm on the road now.

lisa

Genia, believe me, I know bout the concession stand thing. That has got to be the hardest thing. I wanted cheese stix and chocolate. AND A DIET COKE!!! But, I didn't. I just drank my Water and started picking on the kids and the girl that was working with me. I know you can't believe that I would do such thing, but I confess.

This is my third fill, and I'm sure glad it worked. I was begining to get really frustrated and discouraged. I hadn't lost any thing in at least 6 weeks. Boo. But, maybe, I'm on the road now.

lisa

You have more willpower then me!!! The sweets are my biggest hang up. I know I would loose faster if I would stay away from them.

You are doing good too...... I'm glad you have restriction now... That's great! I can't believe I have this much after two fills... I'm just wondering if some will go away before my third fill. If not, I'm not sure I should have a third fill..... Your weight will start coming off now... you have lost more than 30 lbs without much restriction then you will do GREAT with it..... I get what seems to be a very small portion and I still throw food away.. feels great!!!!

You take care and we'll have to meet sometime..... I'm looking forward to some before and after pictures..... Mine right now are before and in progress.....

Take Care

I am new to this type of communications, but here goes. I am to be banded on 06/08/07. What can be expected as to soreness after the surgery. I am kind of nervous about having this procedure done as I do not like needles. I am also interested in how the moms deal with their little ones once they are banded. I have 3 grandkids under the age of 2 that stay with me every weekend, plus dealing with my 12 and 13 yr olds.

I just appreciate any advice that I can get to make this a smoother time for my whole family.

Thanks,

Christi

hey girls, hope you are all having a great week.

christi, i was banded on 4-20-07. it took me a good 7 days to feel back to normal. at first i was really tired and just had no energy. the soreness wasn't too bad. it hurt getting out of bed but it wasn't too bad. now i am only sore where my port is. and it isn't bad. i just can tell it's there. as far as the needles, well i only got stuck 2 times. once when i went in to pre-reg at wadley and then the day of surgery when they started my iv. it wasn't bad at all. i was really nervous the week of surgery. i think that is normal. i did fine on the day of surgery. it went by really fast. i got there at 6 am and the nurses started on me right then. so i didn't have a chance to sit there and think about what if. if you are really nervous that day they can put something in your iv to help calm your nerves. i actually took a couple of valiums the night before surgery. it helped a lot. anyway, i was in surgery by 9:30 and back to my room by 11:30 and up walking by noon. i got home by 1:30 that same afternoon. you won't be able to lift over 10 lbs. for a while. i hope this helped some. let me know if i can answer any more questions or if you just want to talk.

priss