Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi Lisa, woohoo, 3 lbs in 3 days :target: that's great! I'm not sure I feel any restriction yet. Maybe later. I think I am going to be one of those that might take a little while to find my "sweet spot." We'll see. I guess it is all part of the process. food still looks good to me.

Lo2us, I am starting a walking program as part of my exercise. We are going on vacation Sat. When we return I am going to join a gym. I think you said you wewe a teacher? That will be good you will be out of school when you have surgery. I hope you have someone to help with your 2 year old. Ms. Betty says lifting is not good for the port. So, keep that in mind.

I think it would be fun for us Texarkana Bandsters to get together in Texarkana a couple of times a year just to see how everyone is doing. What do ya'll think? It's just an idea I thought I would toss out there.

Also if anyone runs across some good and simple "band-friendly" recipes, be sure and share them. So far, I have been eating about like I normally do, just not so much. With the exception of meat. I haven't ventured out too far there. Gotta go. Later.

LISA...QUIT SAYING IT"S JUST WATER!!!! Poundage is poundage!!!LOL

You know that is how your body get's rid of the fat, through your urine...so it may actually be fat that you're losing not just water...Gotta give yourself credit, girl...I am proud of your 3 pounds...

Sugarbear, sounds like a good idea...would love to get together with all of you and meet the people I have gotten cyberly close too these past few months...let me know!!!

SOOOOO ready for school to be out...I think I will be more pumped about doing exercise and general dieting altogether when I am not preoccupied with my classroom and my youngn's...

Gotta go...Congrats to you lo2us...can't wait for you to get banded...

Hi Vlynn. Sounds like you need a vacation too. We leave Sat. We are going up around N. Arkansas, and MO. Going to be gone a whole week! My husband is counting down the hours already.

If you girls will give the getting together a little thought, then give me some feedback as to when would be a good time to meet, I'll try to organize us a place. Maybe we can go eat, and then sit and visit for a while. We will adjust if our group gets large. I was hoping PS would tell others about our thread. We might mention that at our next support meeting. I love this thread because we are all under the same band rules, ect.

I don't know if I will have access to a computer while on vacation. I have a laptop but my son is using it at college.

Yes Mam! But.....it's back this morning. lol I know what happened. While on my walk yesterday I got caught in a rain storm and just soaked up that 3 pounds of Water. (and the dawg ate my homework too)

The meeting thing would be cool, I think. Might be fun.

Sugarbear, yall have fun on your vacation. My husband's family lives in the Branson area. That area is so full of things to do, but I like my living area a little ...... flatter. We (the little guy and me) get car sick every time we go up there. I just hate that. I sure don't want to try that with a band. I guess I'll just have to stay in one place next time we go. lol Wouldn't that be a lot of fun. lol

Talk to yall later.

lisa

I'd like to meet too. Actually, Dr. H did tell me about this thread...that's how I found you guys!. Have fun on your trip!

Sorry to sound harsh...just want you to cherish EVERY success...even if it is water...LOL

Don't mean to sound so wired either...school is just about to wear me out...I have two weeks left with my Kindergarten...

Still trying to get down to the "ONE-sies"...just isn't getting there...YET!!! I am realizing, I probably should have gotten my 3rd fill, but oh well...will get it June 4th...

Harsh????? That's not harsh. lol And I did enjoy it until this morning. Girl, you are sooooo close to ONEderland it's not funny. I'll bet you will be there before Monday. I noticed you said MY Kindergarten. It's hard to let those little ones go, ain't it? I know it was hard for my little boys K teacher. I made a good friend last year and we both cried when the year was over. But...... we still kid around and e-mail each other. You will see them next year.

Check out this crazy site. We have changed again. We even have a smilin girl to look at us at the top of the page. Isn't that sweet?

lisa

hey girls, i would also like to meet. sounds like fun.

i had a fun day. my friend won tickets to see tracy lawrence and we got to have lunch at the roadhouse(i couldn't actually eat!!) and listen to him sing and we got to take pictures with him. it was neat, something different!

also, i go see dr. h on tuesday for my 2 week post op. what happens at this visit? i don't get a fill til 6 weeks, right?

Wow, Priss, sounds like an exciting day! Hang in there Lisa! Vlynnfogg, I'm right there with ya, except my students are teens and preteens...talk about a circus around school! Thank goodness we get Friday off!

Good morning everyone.

Priss, sound like you had lots of fun. That's cool. The two week check up is just to make sure things are ok and healing properly. He will talk to you a bit and that's about it. Then at 6 weeks you will get a fill. Just hang in there. It's kinda tough at this time, but don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes a couple of fills to start to feel restriction, but you will get there.

And just so you know, vlynn, they are gone AGAIN! lol I'm doing the same way I did with that five pounds that I played with in March. Now, it's three. Maybe next month, I won't have to do this. I'm hoping those pounds will leave and not come back . How's Mr. Turtle? Hope he's doing ok.

Talk to yall later!

lisa

Turtle is good...we are both in need of some new clothes...everything is getting way too big to even look half-way decent...I know it's a good problem, but not financially for two of us...LOL...

Priss, two week post-op is nothing...actually Billy went with me to my last fill (which I didn't take), and they went ahead and checked his incisions (one week out) and made his next appointment for June 4th (same day as mine...) so really all they are looking at is to see if you are healing properly and there are no problems...I am glad you are sounding better...more energy sounds like...

Would love to get together with all of you...Guess it's your baby now, Sugarbear...tell us when and where!!! Keep in mind I am driving from Idabel..(hour and 15 minute drive)...:D

My drive is also about 1.5 hours. vylnn, there is another girl that lives in Idabel that used to post on this thread. She was banded in Feb. I don't know if she goes to the support group meetings, but I guess she is close to you. She used the name wannabthin. If you see her at the meetings, tell her we said Hi and she COULD post from time to time. Tell her I said that.

Have a good weekend everyone!

lisa